Is it possible?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Have you ever seen or heard a Donald Trump comment about something and wondered whether he's just testing his followers to see just how outlandish a thing he can say before they'll call "BS" on him?

Have you ever seen or heard a Donald Trump comment about something and wondered whether he's just testing his followers to see just how outlandish a thing he can say before they'll call "BS" on him?
Why, did he again say something you disagree with? I don't really follow him or what he says so you'll have to fill Me in.

I don't think it goes quite that far, but it's clear that he knows the talking points - he either listens to right wing radio or hears about it - and is purposely regurgitating them as red meat for the "base".

What I can't imagine is that he's gaining any new converts - and if the Dems can get out the vote in '18 and '20, the GOP will not be able to keep up.

You don't get it at all do you left wing loons? He's an asshole but he's our asshole that took on the media and the R establishment no holds barred.

And he has turned the Washington political establishment upside down. You should have someone on your side D's who are willing to do the same. Yeah there are days when he strokes me out. There's many a morning when I for example wake up and go HE SAID FUCKING WHAT ON TWITTER?

:lol:

I don't think it goes quite that far, but it's clear that he knows the talking points - he either listens to right wing radio or hears about it - and is purposely regurgitating them as red meat for the "base".

What I can't imagine is that he's gaining any new converts - and if the Dems can get out the vote in '18 and '20, the GOP will not be able to keep up.

I've always believed in strong opposition and with the US Republic with only two party rule we have a real problem now. The Democrats cannot stop insulting voters and citizens if their life depended on it and they are absolutely alienating well half of the voters at least.

And the D's refuse to stop insulting the American people. It's fucking nuts to witness.

Why, did he again say something you disagree with? I don't really follow him or what he says so you'll have to fill Me in.
First, the word I used is "outlandish" not "disagree," though Trump does say a lot with which I do not concur. For examples of things he's said that I find outlandish and that I do not agree with, check the remarks (and linked content) in this post: Debate Now - Is it reasonable to think Trump suffers from mental illness? NPD, dementia, something else?. That's not a complete list, but it's as good a place as any to start.

I've always believed in strong opposition and with the US Republic with only two party rule we have a real problem now. The Democrats cannot stop insulting voters and citizens if their life depended on it and they are absolutely alienating well half of the voters at least.

And the D's refuse to stop insulting the American people. It's fucking nuts to witness.
Can't argue. They clearly refuse to learn. It must be because they're just so damn much smarter than everyone else.

:rolleyes-41:

he knows the talking points - he either listens to right wing radio or hears about it - and is purposely regurgitating them

That bothers me even more, in fact. It does because it suggests he's being led rather than leading. The POTUS should be giving the media the talking points, not the other way round. Perhaps sometimes he does, but most of the time, it seems he's echoing them rather than establishing them.

he knows the talking points - he either listens to right wing radio or hears about it - and is purposely regurgitating them

That bothers me even more, in fact. It does because it suggests he's being led rather than leading. The POTUS should be giving the media the talking points, not the other way round. Perhaps sometimes he does, but most of the time, it seems he's echoing them rather than establishing them.
I'm just guessing, but I would guess that he's had someone preaching the importance of his base from Day One, and he's taken it to heart. He's focused like a laser.

Can't argue. They clearly refuse to learn. It must be because they're just so damn much smarter than everyone else.

You have to have a strong opposition for any government to truly be effective. Now because I am dual I know the parliamentarian method of government very well. When I hear individuals like a John McCain speak about "bi partisan rule" it scares the living hell out of me because it represents a mindset of a "ruling elite" of "an oligarchy" if you will.

You have to have a strong opposition for any government to truly be effective. Now because I am dual I know the parliamentarian method of government very well. When I hear individuals like a John McCain speak about "bi partisan rule" it scares the living hell out of me because it represents a mindset of a "ruling elite" of "an oligarchy" if you will.
On one hand, there is the monolithic paralysis of a "ruling elite". But by contrast, on the other hand, there is the wild ideological swinging back and forth caused when each party over-interprets its electoral "mandate". Surely there is a way to avoid both extremes.

You don't get it at all do you left wing loons? He's an asshole but he's our asshole that took on the media and the R establishment no holds barred.

And he has turned the Washington political establishment upside down. You should have someone on your side D's who are willing to do the same. Yeah there are days when he strokes me out. There's many a morning when I for example wake up and go HE SAID FUCKING WHAT ON TWITTER?

:lol:

There's many a morning when I for example wake up and go HE SAID FUCKING WHAT ON TWITTER?

I'm willing to take your word for that, but seeing your posts on here, there's no way I'd ever imagine you waking and thinking "HE SAID F*CKING WHAT ON TWITTER?" I get that you, others too, may not feel compelled to volunteer sentiments of that nature, but that you, other Trumpkins (?), don't, when the discussion is about the insipidity of some notion Trump advances/-ed, that y'all don't at least acknowledge the insipidity, ingermanity, etc. of the remark before embarking on whatever exculpation you care to deliver. That I can relate to; it's not disconcerting. It strikes me as something "normal," sane people, whether they share my views or not, do.

It's one thing, and reasonable, to say, "well, yes, that was a dumb thing to say and it doesn't make sense, but..." It's wholly another, and it does not make one look honest, smart, reasonable, or anything positive, when one, upon seeing a criticism, responds with an unmitigated defense or, worse, a deflection, and fails to acknowledge that one too had thoughts of the he-said-f*cking-what sort.

Almost two years of seeing those sorts of remarks from Trumpkins of all stripes is precisely what inspired me to start this thread. I'm truly at the point of "is it Trump who's that crazy," as it were, or "is it the Trumpkins who are that crazy?"

When I hear individuals like a John McCain speak about "bi partisan rule" it scares the living hell out of me because it represents a mindset of a "ruling elite" of "an oligarchy" if you will.

Wow! That's definitely not what I think when I hear "bipartisan" anything. I think "people having differing points of view have worked through their differences and come to a collaborative solution that is a win-win one for most people."

On one hand, there is the monolithic paralysis of a "ruling elite". But by contrast, on the other hand, there is the wild ideological swinging back and forth caused when each party over-interprets its electoral "mandate". Surely there is a way to avoid both extremes.

The problem are the money men. Sigh. I know same old same old. BUT not really. Just an FYI for you I campaigned as a teenager for Pierre Elliot Trudeau up here when I was full of ideals.

:Those ideals have never left me. I am what I guess people call today a classical Liberal but that makes me a Conservative in this day and age. Strange to be sure but because all the goal posts have moved I've ended up being classed a big C.

Back to the money men. At this point they are terrifying. For example Steyer is pushing the D's to only work on impeaching Trump with $$$$$$$$$$ for them. This is crazy. It's not policy. But guess what is happening. Articles of Impeachment are going to be introduced by the D's.

What a nightmare for joe and mary six pack D's.

The problem are the money men. Sigh. I know same old same old. BUT not really. Just an FYI for you I campaigned as a teenager for Pierre Elliot Trudeau up here when I was full of ideals.

:Those ideals have never left me. I am what I guess people call today a classical Liberal but that makes me a Conservative in this day and age. Strange to be sure but because all the goal posts have moved I've ended up being classed a big C.

Back to the money men. At this point they are terrifying. For example Steyer is pushing the D's to only work on impeaching Trump with $$$$$$$$$$ for them. This is crazy. It's not policy. But guess what is happening. Articles of Impeachment are going to be introduced by the D's.

What a nightmare for joe and mary six pack D's.
TY for that reply/post. It's got some interesting points in it. I don't, however, want to pursue them in this thread as there are plenty of others where those themes are better aligned with the thread theme/topic.

When I hear individuals like a John McCain speak about "bi partisan rule" it scares the living hell out of me because it represents a mindset of a "ruling elite" of "an oligarchy" if you will.

Wow! That's definitely not what I think when I hear "bipartisan" anything. I think "people having differing points of view have worked through their differences and come to a collaborative solution that is a win-win one for most people."

You should never ever elect any government that agrees with each other. You elect rulers then.

You should never ever elect any government that agrees with each other. You elect rulers then.
Perhaps you'd like to create a thread themed on that concept? For me, that's a "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" topic from way, way back in high school and college -- U.S. history, EWC, Government and Politics 101, Western Political Philosophy 101, etc. I can discuss theories of government all day, but I'd rather not because such a discussion here will unavoidably become didactic; plus, based on myriad remarks I've seen folks make, I get the sense that few members have read many of the main treatises on the topic. To the extent one has not, such discussions become not terribly engaging or accessible.

Last edited:
1*XLwuX5q8NpxkjthKMuOtAg.jpeg

Forum List

Back