Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Political Satire' started by Xelor, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,866
    I'm just guessing, but I would guess that he's had someone preaching the importance of his base from Day One, and he's taken it to heart. He's focused like a laser.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,776
    You have to have a strong opposition for any government to truly be effective. Now because I am dual I know the parliamentarian method of government very well. When I hear individuals like a John McCain speak about "bi partisan rule" it scares the living hell out of me because it represents a mindset of a "ruling elite" of "an oligarchy" if you will.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,866
    On one hand, there is the monolithic paralysis of a "ruling elite". But by contrast, on the other hand, there is the wild ideological swinging back and forth caused when each party over-interprets its electoral "mandate". Surely there is a way to avoid both extremes.

4. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    I'm willing to take your word for that, but seeing your posts on here, there's no way I'd ever imagine you waking and thinking "HE SAID F*CKING WHAT ON TWITTER?" I get that you, others too, may not feel compelled to volunteer sentiments of that nature, but that you, other Trumpkins (?), don't, when the discussion is about the insipidity of some notion Trump advances/-ed, that y'all don't at least acknowledge the insipidity, ingermanity, etc. of the remark before embarking on whatever exculpation you care to deliver. That I can relate to; it's not disconcerting. It strikes me as something "normal," sane people, whether they share my views or not, do.

It's one thing, and reasonable, to say, "well, yes, that was a dumb thing to say and it doesn't make sense, but..." It's wholly another, and it does not make one look honest, smart, reasonable, or anything positive, when one, upon seeing a criticism, responds with an unmitigated defense or, worse, a deflection, and fails to acknowledge that one too had thoughts of the he-said-f*cking-what sort.

Almost two years of seeing those sorts of remarks from Trumpkins of all stripes is precisely what inspired me to start this thread. I'm truly at the point of "is it Trump who's that crazy," as it were, or "is it the Trumpkins who are that crazy?"

5. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    Wow! That's definitely not what I think when I hear "bipartisan" anything. I think "people having differing points of view have worked through their differences and come to a collaborative solution that is a win-win one for most people."

6. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,776
    The problem are the money men. Sigh. I know same old same old. BUT not really. Just an FYI for you I campaigned as a teenager for Pierre Elliot Trudeau up here when I was full of ideals.

:Those ideals have never left me. I am what I guess people call today a classical Liberal but that makes me a Conservative in this day and age. Strange to be sure but because all the goal posts have moved I've ended up being classed a big C.

Back to the money men. At this point they are terrifying. For example Steyer is pushing the D's to only work on impeaching Trump with $$$$$$$$$$ for them. This is crazy. It's not policy. But guess what is happening. Articles of Impeachment are going to be introduced by the D's.

What a nightmare for joe and mary six pack D's.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    TY for that reply/post. It's got some interesting points in it. I don't, however, want to pursue them in this thread as there are plenty of others where those themes are better aligned with the thread theme/topic.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,776

You should never ever elect any government that agrees with each other. You elect rulers then.

9. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,046
    Perhaps you'd like to create a thread themed on that concept? For me, that's a "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" topic from way, way back in high school and college -- U.S. history, EWC, Government and Politics 101, Western Political Philosophy 101, etc. I can discuss theories of government all day, but I'd rather not because such a discussion here will unavoidably become didactic; plus, based on myriad remarks I've seen folks make, I get the sense that few members have read many of the main treatises on the topic. To the extent one has not, such discussions become not terribly engaging or accessible.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  10. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,830
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1