Is it over and the US just doesn't know it

racewright

Jul 8, 2010
nyc
Time after time ,generation after generation governments at there populous requests and when allowed through there voting powers--the super power of the time is reduced to a small memory of what they once were.

Is that what is happening to the worlds best country???

Are we trying so hard to get it right that we are seriously destroying all that made the USA the most generious,compasionate,giving,industrious,educated,kind,wealthy nation in the history of the world that we are going to fail???

It is fact that you just don't know how great someone or something is till you loose them or it.

I can remember pissing away trillions in asia for 20-years during the VN war. Then there was the "3rd world debt" crisis when we lent trillions to 3rd world countries instead of investing that money here. Then there was the Gulf war series of trillions more wasted because the government didn't think thru the transportation system mess and our gas guzzlers will leave us bankrupt as gas prices increase.
This ignores things like the "S&L Bailout" and TARP.

Eventually the $17-trillion DEBT will sink the US and it will be because the DC whores don't do their jobs. They just whore for Wall Street and K-Street.

Time after time ,generation after generation governments at there populous requests and when allowed through there voting powers--the super power of the time is reduced to a small memory of what they once were.

Are we trying so hard to get it right that we are seriously destroying all that made the USA the most generious,compasionate,giving,industrious,educated,kind,wealthy nation in the history of the world that we are going to fail???

It is fact that you just don't know how great someone or something is till you loose them or it.

It's over because we've become a nation of fools. Subjects, not citizens. We celebrate greed and money over human life.

We fail because we deserve to fail.

ANY nation that wantonly attacks small nations for profit deserves to fail.

ANY nation that has the GROSS defense budget that we have deserves to fail.

Any nation that has become the greatest prison nation in human history can hadly call itself "great."

It's over because we've become a nation of fools. Subjects, not citizens. We celebrate greed and money over human life.

Any nation that has become the greatest prison nation in human history can hadly call itself "great."

I realize this might be the start of another flamer thread but....
Greed is not an evil thing. Greed motivates people to do more. Without a greedy rich person there would not be any jobs.

Greed is not an evil thing. Greed motivates people to do more. Without a greedy rich person there would not be any jobs.

No flames necessary brother.

When greed becomes your central focus, you're doomed.. because greed is never satisfied. No matter how much you have, it's never enough.

See: Bernie Madoff

No flames necessary brother.

When greed becomes your central focus, you're doomed.. because greed is never satisfied. No matter how much you have, it's never enough.

See: Bernie Madoff

Greed is in itself part of human nature to make it look evil would be to make human nature and life itself evil. What is evil however, is the love of money or worldly things.
But as I said greed will make people want to do more to maintain their standard of life.

:lol:

Greed is not part of human nature. Greed is a misdirected desire.

I believe it is. Everybody to some level is greedy. Everybody should want to do better in life.

Doing better in life is called ambition, not greed.

I do not agree that it is a natural part of human nature.
Doing better in life is called ambition, not greed.
I disagree it is a form of greed.

I do not agree that it is a natural part of human nature

It is because of greed that people such has the rich hire people to do a job for them so they will obtain more money. Thats fine it's not worth arguing over.

Greed is not part of human nature. Greed is a misdirected desire.

I believe it is. Everybody to some level is greedy. Everybody should want to do better in life.

We all desire to eat food too, but that desire becomes misdirected when it becomes gluttonous.
Gordon Gecko and you are just plain wrong.

Fine we disagree. Ask yourself sometime soon, do you want to do better than you are doing right now? If you say yes that is a from of greed.

Greed is in itself part of human nature to make it look evil would be to make human nature and life itself evil. What is evil however, is the love of money or worldly things.
But as I said greed will make people want to do more to maintain their standard of life.

Yes, but greed (even if its focussed just on maintaining one's standard of living) combined with ignorance is a disastrous combination. For many years the history of farming in the USA was to deplete the land and move West, until their was no further West to go. The great "Dust Bowl" crisis of the 1930's was brought on by ignorance and greed. see: The Dust Bowl
In a nutshell, ignorant farmers wrecked their own farmland, undermining their efforts to maintain their standard of living.

Yes, but greed (even if its focussed just on maintaining one's standard of living) combined with ignorance is a disastrous combination. For many years the history of farming in the USA was to deplete the land and move West, until their was no further West to go. The great "Dust Bowl" crisis of the 1930's was brought on by ignorance and greed. see: The Dust Bowl
In a nutshell, ignorant farmers wrecked their own farmland, undermining their efforts to maintain their standard of living.

Now you're going in a differant direction. That would be a seperate issue all together. Ignorance on any level is wrong. But as I said greed in itself is not a evil thing.

Wow, seems you may have missed your parents' lessions on morals and ethics. Greed is one of the main roots of all evil. It can NEVER be considered a "good" thing.

Wow, seems you may have missed your parents' lessions on morals and ethics. Greed is one of the main roots of all evil. It can NEVER be considered a "good" thing.

Humm ok....

Sure, the CEOs of financial institutions with their private jets and eye-popping bonuses were guilty of ambition, but the fat cats didn’t all work in a bank or a hedge fund. It is the legitimization of greed that fueled this debacle, and nobody is innocent of it.

Ambition vs. Greed | Unreal Blog
But thats just someones opinion.

BAC, you know I respect your posts, but I have to take issue with some of your statements.

I'm thinking of entrepeneurs who have started out on their own, not to be rich but for the challenge and share the skill or talents that they have. By doing this, they hire more people and can be very good, generous bosses. But it wasn't necessarily for the greed of it all, the the ambition and work ethic and wanting to be their own boss.

Wantonly attacks smaller nations. We attacked Afghanistan and that was the right thing to do. We can not stand by after an attack without showing there are consequeces to their actions. Iraq, however, was wrong.

I believe we need a strong defense, but cut out discretionary spending, and yes we house many prisoners. Compare that to Mexico where crime on the streets plagues the economy and tourist industry, not to mention the safety of all living there. I'll take our LE and our number of prisons any day.

We are hardly perfect and we have to improve, but after looking at countries with riots in the streets, starvation mounting, and unsanitary conditions elsewhere, I'd rather work to move this country in the right direction again.

The only people that think the US is going to lose it's single superpower status anytime soon are the wingnuts on either end of the isle.

We aren't even trying hard.

"The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States"
G Soros.

Forum List

Back