Is it over and the US just doesn't know it

Time after time ,generation after generation governments at there populous requests and when allowed through there voting powers--the super power of the time is reduced to a small memory of what they once were.

Is that what is happening to the worlds best country???

Are we trying so hard to get it right that we are seriously destroying all that made the USA the most generious,compasionate,giving,industrious,educated,kind,wealthy nation in the history of the world that we are going to fail???

It is fact that you just don't know how great someone or something is till you loose them or it.

Serious taxpayer education dollars have been wasted on you. But, to be fair you are one of many.

It's over because we've become a nation of fools. Subjects, not citizens. We celebrate greed and money over human life.

We fail because we deserve to fail.

ANY nation that wantonly attacks small nations for profit deserves to fail.

ANY nation that has the GROSS defense budget that we have deserves to fail.

Any nation that has become the greatest prison nation in human history can hadly call itself "great."

It's over because we've become a nation of fools. Subjects, not citizens. We celebrate greed and money over human life.

I realize this might be the start of another flamer thread but....
Greed is not an evil thing. Greed motivates people to do more. Without a greedy rich person there would not be any jobs.

No flames necessary brother.

When greed becomes your central focus, you're doomed.. because greed is never satisfied. No matter how much you have, it's never enough.

See: Bernie Madoff

The same Truth holds for Envy and Jealousy. Eat your own bread and be satisfied with it. Live within your means. When We as a People, when We , as Individual's stray from Virtue, Shit Happens. No Work is without Reward or Consequence. We are and will Continue to be a Great Nation, as Long as We hold onto Something Few Others Admit to, Unalienable Right's. You Piss on us as a People too easily. We are generally the first and most effective with humanitarian aid around the world when and where it is needed. There is no close second in that. Bureaucracy and Regulation stifle Private Industry here, that is not to say that qualified Regulation is wrong, it is to say that unnecessary unqualified restrictions are wrong. The balance of the equation is to remedy injustice without regard to which side of the equation it is on.
Secondly, when you reward mediocrity you encourage more mediocrity. When you Reward Excellence, Superior Effort, or Skill, you get more Excellence, Superior Effort, and Skill. Enough with putting unqualified candidates into positions of responsibility, unearned, in the name of quota's, only to bring down efficiency and quality of goods or services. It is not for you to say, unless you are the one doing the hiring. What is greed, as opposed to trading in value for value? You determine what is honorable by what you choose to buy or not buy. When you choose to buy you agree to the terms. Where you are defrauded or cheated, or harmed, there is the law here. You piss on us with your words, yet around the world, who offers you the Protection, the Right, that we offer here? How many mass graves fertilize your Utopia's? Who are you kidding?

Time after time ,generation after generation governments at there populous requests and when allowed through there voting powers--the super power of the time is reduced to a small memory of what they once were.

Is that what is happening to the worlds best country???

Are we trying so hard to get it right that we are seriously destroying all that made the USA the most generious,compasionate,giving,industrious,educated,kind,wealthy nation in the history of the world that we are going to fail???

It is fact that you just don't know how great someone or something is till you loose them or it.

We fail because we deserve to fail.

ANY nation that wantonly attacks small nations for profit deserves to fail.

ANY nation that has the GROSS defense budget that we have deserves to fail.

Any nation that has become the greatest prison nation in human history can hadly call itself "great."

BAC, you know I respect your posts, but I have to take issue with some of your statements.

I'm thinking of entrepeneurs who have started out on their own, not to be rich but for the challenge and share the skill or talents that they have. By doing this, they hire more people and can be very good, generous bosses. But it wasn't necessarily for the greed of it all, the the ambition and work ethic and wanting to be their own boss.

Wantonly attacks smaller nations. We attacked Afghanistan and that was the right thing to do. We can not stand by after an attack without showing there are consequeces to their actions. Iraq, however, was wrong.

I believe we need a strong defense, but cut out discretionary spending, and yes we house many prisoners. Compare that to Mexico where crime on the streets plagues the economy and tourist industry, not to mention the safety of all living there. I'll take our LE and our number of prisons any day.

We are hardly perfect and we have to improve, but after looking at countries with riots in the streets, starvation mounting, and unsanitary conditions elsewhere, I'd rather work to move this country in the right direction again.

The respect is mutual good brother.

I have no problem with entrepeneurs or business people. I'm one myself. But entrepeneurs are a long ass way from Wall Street and a banking industry that is sucking America dry and destroying the middle class.

Iraq wasn't just wrong, it was an act of monsters. We mass-murdered countless innocent people for profit.

We're in Afghanistan chasing ghosts of an organization that we created, and on a mission that has no mission .. sending drones into Pakistan, killing innocent people we never have to see or care about. If we want to stop terrorism, we should stop using it.

Those are not anomalies, it's what we do. We overthrow legitimate democratically-elected governments .. for profit .. we have our own terrorist training camp right here in Colombus, Georgia where we've trained all manner of murderers, rapists, and those who use torture and we released them on innocent men, women, and children throughout Latin America .. which is now trying to get as far away from us as they can.

We don't just house many prisoners, we are the greatest prison nation in human history by every measure.

One can always look out the window to find someone worse off then you, but there are lots of countries that are not embroiled in riots and starvation, many of whom have a better quality of life then found in America.

Today America has morphed into a full-blown plutocracy. Our government is owned by corporate interests. Our elections are fully controlled by corporate interests.

We don't like introspective in America. Think it somehow "unpatriotic" .. not suggesting you of course. But the mirror tells a different story of America then what you'd get from Hollywood.

I agree in fighting to make this country better, but we can't do that without being honest about ourselves.

Our demise is totally self-inflicted.

Last edited:
Every nation that decides to solve the problems of the world and be it's guiding light has been destroyed by it's own good intentions when it didn't just mind it's own business.

Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, Rome, Germany, Japan, USSR... all have collapsed after using their superpower status.

I realize this might be the start of another flamer thread but....
Greed is not an evil thing. Greed motivates people to do more. Without a greedy rich person there would not be any jobs.

When greed becomes your central focus, you're doomed.. because greed is never satisfied. No matter how much you have, it's never enough.

The same Truth holds for Envy and Jealousy. Eat your own bread and be satisfied with it. Live within your means. When We as a People, when We , as Individual's stray from Virtue, Shit Happens. No Work is without Reward or Consequence. We are and will Continue to be a Great Nation, as Long as We hold onto Something Few Others Admit to, Unalienable Right's. You Piss on us as a People too easily. We are generally the first and most effective with humanitarian aid around the world when and where it is needed. There is no close second in that. Bureaucracy and Regulation stifle Private Industry here, that is not to say that qualified Regulation is wrong, it is to say that unnecessary unqualified restrictions are wrong. The balance of the equation is to remedy injustice without regard to which side of the equation it is on.
Secondly, when you reward mediocrity you encourage more mediocrity. When you Reward Excellence, Superior Effort, or Skill, you get more Excellence, Superior Effort, and Skill. Enough with putting unqualified candidates into positions of responsibility, unearned, in the name of quota's, only to bring down efficiency and quality of goods or services. It is not for you to say, unless you are the one doing the hiring. What is greed, as opposed to trading in value for value? You determine what is honorable by what you choose to buy or not buy. When you choose to buy you agree to the terms. Where you are defrauded or cheated, or harmed, there is the law here. You piss on us with your words, yet around the world, who offers you the Protection, the Right, that we offer here? How many mass graves fertilize your Utopia's? Who are you kidding?

Only in America is truth of who we are could be considered "pissing on us."

If you have a different opinion on the truth I spoke, feel free to challenge it. But I do not acept honest introspective as "pissing on us." I'm immune to that tactic.

Sorry, we're not first or second to rush to humaitarian aid. That's Hollywood-speak.

"Justice" .. surely you jest. A nation of hundreds of years of slavery and oppression, African-Americans only relatively "free" for 45 years in 400 years of existence here. An unjust criminal injustice system that has led to a grossly racist prison system that houses more prisoners then the world has ever known.

I could go on .. but it's pretty obvious that you are filled with pre-conditioned platitudes that have nothing to do with reality .. of which you are entirely entitled to.

If you have a different opinion on the truth I spoke, feel free to challenge it. But I do not acept honest introspective as "pissing on us." I'm immune to that tactic.

Sorry, we're not first or second to rush to humaitarian aid. That's Hollywood-speak.

"Justice" .. surely you jest. A nation of hundreds of years of slavery and oppression, African-Americans only relatively "free" for 45 years in 400 years of existence here. An unjust criminal injustice system that has led to a grossly racist prison system that houses more prisoners then the world has ever known.

I could go on .. but it's pretty obvious that you are filled with pre-conditioned platitudes that have nothing to do with reality .. of which you are entirely entitled to.

What I see is a very limited perspective that has done a very poor job of distinguishing between Politics and Human Nature. It is your opinion, based in part in truth, some fairly, some not. The road we have taken to be who we are now as a Nation, was bumpy for sure Black As Coal, but compared to the what in Recorded History??? When did Slavery Start??? Who today still condones Slavery??? Who Yesterday??? My point, which you totally miss, because in part of your anger, is Unalienable Right and the Recognition of it in Our Charter, The Declaration of Independence. It did not include All, at the time, but, we are long past that. In fact, at the time, there were many long past that. It was an issue of contention at conception. You are Empowered here, today, more so than any other Country to advance Change and Positive direction and growth. No matter what Ethnic Family a Baby finds Itself, born into this world, there is no better Country to grow up in.

"Justice" .. surely you jest. A nation of hundreds of years of slavery and oppression, African-Americans only relatively "free" for 45 years in 400 years of existence here. An unjust criminal injustice system that has led to a grossly racist prison system that houses more prisoners then the world has ever known
. A World with a History of Slavery in one form or another, from the beginning. We broke the Mold.
Regarding non-violent crime, I would concur. Regarding Violent Crime, Do the Crime, do the time. Racist Prison System? Granted, no Prison is a fun place to be, yet there are different factors that make the experience what it is, and I'm sure that varies between Prisons. The Community itself inside a Prison is a major factor on the quality of life there.

Obviously we disagree.I'm not the one painting things something they aren't condemning a Nation. I'm not the one making excuses and transferring blame. We should alway's address the charge, and correct injustice. There are many tactics behind effecting change. If what you are doing is not advancing your cause, try a different tactic, before blaming the world for not getting what you have to offer. Your tone is bitter. You may have justification, I don't know you or your life history. You want to give up on the US, it's your choice. From my perspective it is a waste and a cop out.

Every nation that decides to solve the problems of the world and be it's guiding light has been destroyed by it's own good intentions when it didn't just mind it's own business.

Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, Rome, Germany, Japan, USSR... all have collapsed after using their superpower status.

We could be working more on Example, R&D, Discovery, Invention. Maybe working less on buying Allies and Votes.

The right wing has been dragging down this country for decades. They have to "hit bottom" before we can rebound because they fight everything that could help.

Their rotten policies have been disasters. You can't really name which policy because they don't have any. They just "wing it" with "cut taxes for rich people" and other memorized bullet points, none of which work. They call the stagnant Bush economy a "wild success".

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it really matter if we are the world's Super power as long as we are free and use that freedom to be the best people we can be?

I'd rather be free than be number 1.

But then, being free will likely make us number 1.

The right wing has been dragging down this country for decades. They have to "hit bottom" before we can rebound because they fight everything that could help.

Their rotten policies have been disasters. You can't really name which policy because they don't have any. They just "wing it" with "cut taxes for rich people" and other memorized bullet points, none of which work. They call the stagnant Bush economy a "wild success".

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it really matter if we are the world's Super power as long as we are free and use that freedom to be the best people we can be?

There will be neither for us. I have forseen it.
We willingly give up freedom for percieved security.
it is the way of many empires that have fallen into police states.

And both parties are a party to using "threats" to bring about that police state.

And both parties are a party to using "threats" to bring about that police state.

Yes and both are in denial of the reality that is upon us.
They have only the blame game to play, and no soloutions.
Both are also being used. And I do not need to say by what group, most of us here should know. But as in our congress many are still in denial, and are willingly if not eagerly being used by that same group.

Both are also being used. And I do not need to say by what group, most of us here should know. But as in our congress many are still in denial, and are willingly if not eagerly being used by that same group.

And the name of the group?

And the name of the group?

It's names are legion, but with common goals.

Lefties hate Reagan but he had to deal with a hostile congress that makes today's republican majority look like choirboys and yet he brought hope and change and pride after the malase of the progressive Carter years without being a socialist. Talk about pride? B. Hussein has done all he could do in two years to apologize for America's pride and affluence and try to diminish America's power in the world. Listen to leftie posts for a couple of days and you will NEVER and I mean NEVER find a single post that includes pride in America.

New Topics

Forum List

Back