Is it legal? Buying a mobile home from park w/no title

oldmanrabbi

Rookie
Jan 28, 2012
Buying mobile home on contract is it legal?
I was involved with buying a mobile home on payments even had a . . .mortgage contract. . ." in this contract is and was said and stipulated that TITLE to this mobile home would be given and released with no attachments and or liens, encumbrances etc. to the buyer me at the end of the purchase agreement.
Here is has been almost 2 yrs now STILL NO TITLE the mobile home, come to find out that this park never did on paper OWN this trailer, nor did they have legal title paperwork for this trailer, under Kansas law, the park has to have a STATE LICENSE to sell used mobile homes, which they don't
the park in which i live was sold during the contract life, and suchlike it is my contention that the new owners of the park are liable as the previous owners and need to reimburse me and or pay to move the trailer, etc
I have gone to the local police, they said this was civil,:cuckoo: went to the Kansas AG they say it is civil, i even filed a consumer complaint with the KS AG office:clap2: did not go any where that was 18 months ago, and the county attorney DOES NOT have a consumer fraud division,:bsflag:
So I filed a local lawsuit, partially won, but still not title, the defendants attorney had the manager FORGE my signature on a replacement lease, as that he did not have the original I did, anyway the park manager CONFESSED to the police, but was NOT arrested for forgery, or any other crime, what can i do can i file a federal case because both past an present owners are out of state
HELP
sincerely
the oldmanrabbi
([email protected])
btw living in undisclosed location in Kansas

Might try your local legal aid society...

... or maybe the county clerk's office in your county...

... or maybe small claims court.

I was involved with buying a mobile home on payments even had a . . .mortgage contract. . ." in this contract is and was said and stipulated that TITLE to this mobile home would be given and released with no attachments and or liens, encumbrances etc. to the buyer me at the end of the purchase agreement.
Here is has been almost 2 yrs now STILL NO TITLE the mobile home, come to find out that this park never did on paper OWN this trailer, nor did they have legal title paperwork for this trailer, under Kansas law, the park has to have a STATE LICENSE to sell used mobile homes, which they don't
the park in which i live was sold during the contract life, and suchlike it is my contention that the new owners of the park are liable as the previous owners and need to reimburse me and or pay to move the trailer, etc
I have gone to the local police, they said this was civil,:cuckoo: went to the Kansas AG they say it is civil, i even filed a consumer complaint with the KS AG office:clap2: did not go any where that was 18 months ago, and the county attorney DOES NOT have a consumer fraud division,:bsflag:
So I filed a local lawsuit, partially won, but still not title, the defendants attorney had the manager FORGE my signature on a replacement lease, as that he did not have the original I did, anyway the park manager CONFESSED to the police, but was NOT arrested for forgery, or any other crime, what can i do can i file a federal case because both past an present owners are out of state
HELP
sincerely
the oldmanrabbi
([email protected])

I used to do "land contracts" or "mortgage contacts" all the time. Without title to give you after payments were made in full, the lender is in violation of the contract and should return all money. Take them back to court!!! You should also sue to get reimbursed for improvements.

HELP
sincerely
the oldmanrabbi
([email protected])

First, this is not a legal counsel website so nothing anyone says here (including myself) is to be taken as advice coming from an actual attorney.

I would say that contract or not, if the law forbids something having a contract wont be of any help to you and it'll be null and void. Like having a contract for a drug deal wouldn't legally compel a dealer to furnish you with whatever goods or services you paid for. :)

Thus if you had a contract with someone who didn't legally own a property your contract is meaningless. The new park managers are no more liable for an illegal contract than the drug dealer in the example.

Sounds like you got conned/scammed.

Forum List

Back