Is it God’s right to kill us whenever he sees fit?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

“And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.”

Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

SweetSue92 gave me this reply but I have heard many Christians echo this thinking which basically says that the law maker does not need to follow the law he dictates for the rest of us. I paraphrase, do as I say and not as I do.

This was in response to our chatting about the many times, as in the genocide of Noah’s day, the murder of Egypt’s first born and the 6 day torture of King David’s baby, all because God was angry with the parents. God kills us when he could just as easily cure us and picks the innocent to kill instead of the guilty.

Is, --- do as I say and not as I do for a law maker or anyone else, --- moral or immoral thinking?

Regards
DL

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...899a7c4752d2159028a6b023189ee73889029ab5ebe84

“And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.”

SweetSue92 gave me this reply but I have heard many Christians echo this thinking which basically says that the law maker does not need to follow the law he dictates for the rest of us. I paraphrase, do as I say and not as I do.

This was in response to our chatting about the many times, as in the genocide of Noah’s day, the murder of Egypt’s first born and the 6 day torture of King David’s baby, all because God was angry with the parents. God kills us when he could just as easily cure us and picks the innocent to kill instead of the guilty.

Is, --- do as I say and not as I do for a law maker or anyone else, --- moral or immoral thinking?

Regards
DL

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...899a7c4752d2159028a6b023189ee73889029ab5ebe84

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and move along, serf.

Regards
DL

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and move along, serf.

I was not talking politics. Thanks for showing your vile character anyway.

You must be a Christian.

Regards
DL

I was not talking politics. Thanks for showing your vile character anyway.

You must be a Christian.

Regards
DL

Sure you are. You're just too stupid to realize it. I could tell right away that you're a disciple of the church of the state.

So render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and move along. It's a good enough gig any other time, isn't it? Why not now?

Regards
Natty C

lol

Last edited:
Is it God’s right to kill us whenever he sees fit? As a focused topic, this is pretty interesting. Do you mean his Right or his Liberty? Seeing as everybody is created equal nowadays, I think God's going to get the right to kill everybody on an equal playing field with the rest of us, and we shouldn't treat anybody differently from national origin or anything.

"The issue of civil liberties is a vital one to all Americans, if only because the Constitution is often vague on what those rights actually mean. Even more confusing, there's a significant difference between civil rights and civil liberties, a distinction that is small but crucial to understanding why civil liberties are important and protected at all. Fortunately, a process exists which helps to clarify the differences and distinctions for all Americans, a process which sometimes stops at the U.S. Supreme Court."
"So there's a distinction between civil rights, which means 'the basic right to be free from unequal treatment, based on certain characteristics which we deem important, like race, gender, and disability,' and civil liberties, which are 'basic freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights or interpreted through the years "

God's liberty to kill everyone would be more hampered by , "your rights end where my rights begin" doctrine, basic Humanity for Christ's sake. I mean, he did a lot when he sent Christ to fulfill the law, he's a lawful person who cares about all this sort of thing nowadays. He used to be a jealous vengeful God who studied his own law book later, got a court advocate named Jesus for everyone's counsel, didn't have to do that but he's gotten a nice streak, most people would agree a kind, just streak too.

Is it God’s right to kill us whenever he sees fit? As a focused topic, this is pretty interesting. Do you mean his Right or his Liberty? Seeing as everybody is created equal nowadays, I think God's going to get the right to kill everybody on an equal playing field with the rest of us, and we shouldn't treat anybody differently from national origin or anything.

"The issue of civil liberties is a vital one to all Americans, if only because the Constitution is often vague on what those rights actually mean. Even more confusing, there's a significant difference between civil rights and civil liberties, a distinction that is small but crucial to understanding why civil liberties are important and protected at all. Fortunately, a process exists which helps to clarify the differences and distinctions for all Americans, a process which sometimes stops at the U.S. Supreme Court."
"So there's a distinction between civil rights, which means 'the basic right to be free from unequal treatment, based on certain characteristics which we deem important, like race, gender, and disability,' and civil liberties, which are 'basic freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights or interpreted through the years "

God's liberty to kill everyone would be more hampered by , "your rights end where my rights begin" doctrine, basic Humanity for Christ's sake. I mean, he did a lot when he sent Christ to fulfill the law, he's a lawful person who cares about all this sort of thing nowadays. He used to be a jealous vengeful God who studied his own law book later, got a court advocate named Jesus for everyone's counsel, didn't have to do that but he's gotten a nice streak, most people would agree a kind, just streak too.

Fictional characters cannot advocate squat.

Is this a part of the law that Jesus came to fulfil?

It is certainly what he would have preached as a Jewish Rabbi.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Could not come at a better time.

Regards
DL

??

Why is that?

Regards
DL

OP asks a question, you answer with your opinion or ask a question, if the OP disagrees he insults you.

So does the OP want a discussion or does the OP just trolling?

By the way the question is a good question and I would love to see the different viewpoints.

If I sculpt a statue, I have every right to smash it to bits.

You equate yourself with inanimate non-sentient matter do you?

I offer my sympathy to your dead mind.

Regards
DL

Please make sense so that I can respond.

What is senseless is your reading ability and initial response.

Regards
DL

I see. You're not merely ignorant with a hallucinogenically obtuse pattern, but a disquietingly tremorous pustule of vacuous nincompoopery as well.

Revel in your fugue state.

Regards
DL

??

Why is that?

Regards
DL
God gave man free will. You are responsible for your life here, god does not live it for you. Quit blaming god for your woes.

Regards
DL

??

Why is that?

Regards
DL
God gave man free will. You are responsible for your life here, god does not live it for you. Quit blaming god for your woes.
Ok I want to live forever and I will do it with free will.....Thanks for the laugh though.

Forum List

Back