Is God vs Satan - Final Battle how the world supposed to end?

God Knew Lucifer would rebel. It was part of his plan. No one can refute God's will.

Jehovah did not know the angel being who came to be called satan and devil would rebel. That angel was in a very high position, He was appointed over the earth--he got jealous and wanted worship. Anyone with free will can rebel.

I thought that Jehovah is all-knowing. That is accepted Christian theology, isn't it?

God cannot see what will occur in the future, except what his will is.
But why wait when there is suffering? Children with cancer suffer, their parents suffer. What's the hold up?

When satan told Eve--they would become like God, knowing good and bad if they ate of the tree--he was saying--- If we knew both sides ourselves, we wouldn't need to listen to Gods advice to find lasting happiness. This was a direct challenge to Gods universal sovereignty-- so once and for all time it is being proven---God was correct, mortals should know only good and listen to Gods advice. 1/3 of the angels fell later, which means it would have occurred over and over if God chose another way. God is always--CORRECT.
Gods kingdom is coming--its a cure all.

I don't understand your answer very well. Would you mind clarifying it as though explaining it to someone who doesn't attend church or bible study (me, for example)?

Once the events( rebellion) in Eden occurred, God had 2 choices--kill them on the spot( but not one who has been granted life all throughout would have received life) and Gods justice prevented that--so the only other alternative was to let it be proven--Is God correct and knowing only good and listening to Gods advice is the best path for mortals to find lasting happiness, or is satan right--that knowing both good and bad, its best mortals make their own choice-- this sick system of things proves 100%--God is correct.

God sees the end from the beginning. He is not bound by dimensions. Example:
You are standing on the sidewalk on 5th St.. A parade turns the corner and you watch it move past you until it takes a right turn on Main St. and moves out of your sight. You didn't see it begin, you didn't see it end. You saw it from your perspective. Now, Mr. Smith is in a helicopter above the town. HE sees the beginning, the middle and the end of the parade from HIS vantage point. Time is merely a dimension God created. He is not tethered to it.

To prove to you, that He can see the beginning from the end, God prophesied future events. He knew the exact day Israel would become a Nation again for example, and told the day to Daniel, thousands of years before the event. He has also predicted the very worst of man's inhumanity to man in Revelation. He predicted the future over 10,000 times with precision. 1/4 of His Book is prophesy, just so we would know He is who He says He is.

Why hasn't God destroyed Satan? Satan is spirit., as the other angels are, as we are. Satan never dies, he is eternal. Satan has two temporary events to look forward to, and one permanent event. Being chained for 1,000 years. Being loosed for a time, and then being dispatched to the Lake of Fire for eternity.

Then God must have seen Satan's rebellion. It must've been part of His plan for creation. And therefore injustice and suffering are part of His plan.

So why then did God foresee that Adam and Eve would fall from Grace, but forbade them from eating from the Tree of Knowledge anyway? God foresaw the flood? God foresaw the enslavement of the Jews and their eventual release, but hardened Pharoah's heart; for what reason? God foresaw Judas' betrayal? God knows who is bound for damnation. Can God change His mind? Can any of us change the future if the future is known to God and His ultimate plan is already at work?

God could not see those future events you mentioned. Just by the statement that---God desires all to repent--- so he does not know who will or wont.

to be fair, in a book that begins with "In the beginning" just like, 'once upon a time', that has a talking serpent and angels flying through the sky, what sober minded rational person would believe that it was a historical document and not a fairy tale and then conjure a prequel based on pure speculation, flawed reasoning, and misunderstanding that has even less to do with reality or what the book is actually about? Is it even possible to have a rational discussion with someone whose foundational premise is irrational?

If any person professed to believe that the story of the three pigs was a historical document about some magical time in the past when pigs and wolves could talk and build houses, would you not think that they had some mental health issues?

Would a rational person elect a candidate like that to any public office?

I can understand your point, but I think being disrespectful to people harms them, yourself, one's cause, and any non-posting audience. The main problem I have with religion is it's adherents; why emulate the worst of them?

I also understand your point but when a subject becomes the basis for legislating laws and institutionalizing customs that restrict civil liberties and affect national policy with potentially long lasting disastrous results for all it really isn't the time to be playing Mr. Nice Guy.

Look at what carnage these religious fundamentalist bastards have caused unchecked for the past 50 years let alone the past several thousand. They can't wait for the end of the world. Many have already usurped positions of authority with legions of adoring pod people and many others are actively jockeying for positions of authority in order to have front row seats and you care if their feelings get hurt?

I care if we hurt their feelings if by doing so we represent our cause poorly, thereby turning off more supporters, galvinizing opposition, and in the long term promoting their positions by repulsing more people and public support than winning to the cause of critical thinking, logic, reason, rationality, and secularism.
It is not rational or logical to think that a God is not possible, since there is no proof for such a position.

There is no proof to convince atheists. Lawrence Krauss once said if the stars rearranged itself to spell out, "I am here," then he would have to reassess. Later, another atheist chirped up the southern half of the planet would not be able to see it, so it would not be proof. The only proof I know is after one dies and begins their second life. The evidence of God is all around and in front of our noses for the believers.

That believers see evidence all around when they can not logically connect that evidence directly or even indirectly to God is confirmation bias.

I thought that Jehovah is all-knowing. That is accepted Christian theology, isn't it?

I don't understand your answer very well. Would you mind clarifying it as though explaining it to someone who doesn't attend church or bible study (me, for example)?

Once the events( rebellion) in Eden occurred, God had 2 choices--kill them on the spot( but not one who has been granted life all throughout would have received life) and Gods justice prevented that--so the only other alternative was to let it be proven--Is God correct and knowing only good and listening to Gods advice is the best path for mortals to find lasting happiness, or is satan right--that knowing both good and bad, its best mortals make their own choice-- this sick system of things proves 100%--God is correct.

You are standing on the sidewalk on 5th St.. A parade turns the corner and you watch it move past you until it takes a right turn on Main St. and moves out of your sight. You didn't see it begin, you didn't see it end. You saw it from your perspective. Now, Mr. Smith is in a helicopter above the town. HE sees the beginning, the middle and the end of the parade from HIS vantage point. Time is merely a dimension God created. He is not tethered to it.

To prove to you, that He can see the beginning from the end, God prophesied future events. He knew the exact day Israel would become a Nation again for example, and told the day to Daniel, thousands of years before the event. He has also predicted the very worst of man's inhumanity to man in Revelation. He predicted the future over 10,000 times with precision. 1/4 of His Book is prophesy, just so we would know He is who He says He is.

Why hasn't God destroyed Satan? Satan is spirit., as the other angels are, as we are. Satan never dies, he is eternal. Satan has two temporary events to look forward to, and one permanent event. Being chained for 1,000 years. Being loosed for a time, and then being dispatched to the Lake of Fire for eternity.

Then God must have seen Satan's rebellion. It must've been part of His plan for creation. And therefore injustice and suffering are part of His plan.

So why then did God foresee that Adam and Eve would fall from Grace, but forbade them from eating from the Tree of Knowledge anyway? God foresaw the flood? God foresaw the enslavement of the Jews and their eventual release, but hardened Pharoah's heart; for what reason? God foresaw Judas' betrayal? God knows who is bound for damnation. Can God change His mind? Can any of us change the future if the future is known to God and His ultimate plan is already at work?
So the Lord changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people," Exodus 32:12-14,

Man has changed God's mind at times. God was dealing with a very ugly, willful group of people. They were the only people on earth that God retracted His unmerited favor for them and changed His name from Abba< Loving, constantly forgiving, Daddy, to Judge. He did so because they challenged Him to bring it!
When they decided to kill Moses it was the last straw. He started dropping them like flies. Aaron changed God's mind, and He stopped. For Aaron's sake, not the Jew's sake.

We are made in His image. Just like us, God experiences joy, sadness, pride, anguish, compassion, anger, forgiveness.
I had a Dad who loved me to the moon and back, but boy, could I ever piss him off, and was often punished for my behavior, but was always and perpetually forgiven, because He loved me.

There is a paradox in omnipresence and omniscience. If He exists at all times and not only knows what will happen but has already experienced the future, as we perceive time, how can He change His mind?

whether or not awareness was involved with the birth of the universe does not mitigate the fact that living beings have the capacity in their everyday lives. and were the awareness involved as is more likely than not then there surly is a path to the Everlasting all beings may discover.

the answer may well have been etched in the tablets destroyed by the biblical figure Moses, something that ardent biblicists whimsically ignore.

I watched this on youtube and didn't know it was supposed to end like this. Been a Christian since 2012. Many people think the end of days will be man-made like global warming or nuclear war or through natural cause such as a virus or bacteria, but this makes sense -- one EVIL person or group rises to take over the world.

The world will end in about 5 billion years. The sun will grow to engulf the Earth, extinguishing all life, and then fall back on itself to a brown dwarf, to cool over the next few trillion years.

Tada.

I watched this on youtube and didn't know it was supposed to end like this. Been a Christian since 2012. Many people think the end of days will be man-made like global warming or nuclear war or through natural cause such as a virus or bacteria, but this makes sense -- one EVIL person or group rises to take over the world.

The world will end in about 5 billion years. The sun will grow to engulf the Earth, extinguishing all life, and then fall back on itself to a brown dwarf, to cool over the next few trillion years.

Tada.

That's quite a catastrophism theory, Mr. Newton, but doesn't fly in this section. If you had an example of a supernova wiping out a civilization, then more people would listen.

Tada.

That's quite a catastrophism theory, Mr. Newton, but doesn't fly in this section. If you had an example of a supernova wiping out a civilization, then more people would listen.

It is what science knows will happen to the sun. Sorry if reality intrudes on your thread, feel free to ignore if it bothers you.

Tada.

It is what science knows will happen to the sun. Sorry if reality intrudes on your thread, feel free to ignore if it bothers you.

a persons physiology lasts in most cases less than 100 years - that time is enough to fulfill one's destiny, enjoy life and for some persist by their own accord to reemerge from which they came - or simply perish, with or without the Sun.

Hob, man was the last of God's creation week, not the first. God walked in the cool of the evening with Adam and Eve. Their children had conversions with Him. Abraham sat around the campfire with God, and they ate Sarah's stew. Sarah named her child "laughter" because she laughed at something God said. God sat on top of a mountain with Moses and told him all about the beginning. Lots of opportunities and generations for the beginning to be told to mankind.

Just because God created man 6,000 years ago, doesn't mean that is when He created the earth we know today. If the earth was without form, where were these wild humans that you have conjured up, standing? Void is useless, empty, space. Without form means no form. And the darkness that you refer to is not the absence of light. In the original Greek it is described as an "unnatural darkness", not natural dark matter. That unnatural darkness was Satan. God removed that darkness and formed something for His children to stand on. Before God created man, he used HIS physics to create form, light, gravity and even time, before Adam came along. God created animals and sea creatures before man. He has everything in perfect condition for us before He created us.

Stop adding to the word of God. It is how you have become so confused. Cain not only knew about nature, he and his brother lived off of it for years. They knew how to grow things in seasons, with daylight, and water. Cain had no idea who Christ was. He built a city because God lifted Cain's curse of nomadic life and allowed him to settle in one place.
And, there is nothing human about Satan. Spirit through and through. His longevity proves that.

Just read what it says. There is no reason for you to spin it in your head. Light.......Adam. Not wild men...light.....Cain.

Ugh. Where to begin.....

God did not create man 6000 years ago. The story is figurative. Adam was taken from the dust of the earth and formed into a 'living being' and animated by the breath of life, words of wisdom, teaching from God, do this don't do that..The light that separates the darkness is figurative for the law which teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, true and false, good and evil, life and death.

When Adam and Eve were deceived into defying the commands of God by the talking serpent, which is as obvious a metaphor for a despicable human being as are talking wolves in more recent fairy tales, they were expelled from the realm of God and condemned to return to the dust of the earth from which they came, dust of the earth having more of the meaning that we understand today by using the term 'scum of the earth'.

The earth being without form and void is an apt description of life for human beings before the rule of law that came to the Jewish people "as a light to the nations" who had been living like brute beasts, unthinking animals, teeming vermin who go down on all fours, etc., for millions of years without any knowledge of right or wrong or true or false or good or evil, living completely in darkness in a shapeless world that was as without form and purpose and as void of truth as a spinning ball of confusion.

When Adam was asked by God to give names to all living creatures he was giving the names of animals to types of people living in the wilderness that were figurative descriptions of human beings who share the defining attributes of one lower beast or another. Swine because they do not ruminate symbolize people who swallow any garbage that they are fed without thinking. Then there are bottom feeders, maggots, rats, teeming vermin who go down on all fours, anything that crawls on its belly, those that gather in herds, those who run in packs, vultures, sheep, goats, wolves, dogs, snakes, jackasses etc. exactly as every people of every language have done ever since people could talk and continue to do in every language to this day..

Try chewing on that for a while. Ruminate if you can and even if you never have done it before you will become a new creature, a more highly evolved human being taken from the scum of the earth that has passed from death to life and become a living being, just like in the fairy tale..

If you would rather stay in your fantasy world that contradicts everything about the actual reality that you are living in every day and night, then I'm sure there are many creatures of the night out there in the wilderness, crawling on their belly, always on the prowl for the gullible, who will be more than happy to make you feel better by feeding you a load of crap..... for a nominal service charge.

Last edited:

Tada.

I'm not trying be rude, and I acknowledge stars burn out, but our sun burning out won't be for some time like you said 5 billion years. We see supernovas, white dwarfs, neutron stars, and stars burning out but they're more the exception. More likely, we'll be hit by an asteroid if you want cosmic calamity. Evolutionists claim it caused or created a chain reaction of a mass extinction. On the Christian side, we have the global flood for past mass extinction.

Tada.

I'm not trying be rude, and I acknowledge stars burn out, but our sun burning out won't be for some time like you said 5 billion years. We see supernovas, white dwarfs, neutron stars, and stars burning out but they're more the exception. More likely, we'll be hit by an asteroid if you want cosmic calamity. Evolutionists claim it caused or created a chain reaction of a mass extinction. On the Christian side, we have the global flood for past mass extinction.

The only thing that will end the Earth is our star going to red gas giant and engulfing the Earth.

Other things can end life on Earth, but not the Earth itself. Many people confuse the two when talking about such things. There have been 5 major mass extinctions and 17-18 minor mass extinctions and there will be others.

But 'end of the Earth' is 5 billion years away, unless there is some huge cosmic body out there hurtling towards Earth that we don't know about. Which is possible.

So the Lord changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people," Exodus 32:12-14,

Man has changed God's mind at times. God was dealing with a very ugly, willful group of people. They were the only people on earth that God retracted His unmerited favor for them and changed His name from Abba< Loving, constantly forgiving, Daddy, to Judge. He did so because they challenged Him to bring it!
When they decided to kill Moses it was the last straw. He started dropping them like flies. Aaron changed God's mind, and He stopped. For Aaron's sake, not the Jew's sake.

We are made in His image. Just like us, God experiences joy, sadness, pride, anguish, compassion, anger, forgiveness.
I had a Dad who loved me to the moon and back, but boy, could I ever piss him off, and was often punished for my behavior, but was always and perpetually forgiven, because He loved me.

There is a paradox in omnipresence and omniscience. If He exists at all times and not only knows what will happen but has already experienced the future, as we perceive time, how can He change His mind?
As in this case...."So the Lord changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people," (Exodus 32:14, NASB). God had compassion, which changed his mind.

Akasha is the hall of records, where everything that has happened or ever will happen, is already written down. That's where John was taken by the angel to learn what to write about Revelations. It is also where Edgar Cayce went to get information.
Edgar Cayce A.R.E. Akashic Records/Book of Life

Akashic Records

As in this case...."So the Lord changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people," (Exodus 32:14, NASB). God had compassion, which changed his mind.

Akasha is the hall of records, where everything that has happened or ever will happen, is already written down. That's where John was taken by the angel to learn what to write about Revelations. It is also where Edgar Cayce went to get information.

Akashic Records

That doesn't address the paradox. How can God, who is all places at all times and who already knows what will happen, change His mind?

Akashic Records

That doesn't address the paradox. How can God, who is all places at all times and who already knows what will happen, change His mind?

Maybe because he is GOD?
He can do whatever he wants, regardless of it being paradoxical or not, thats the point...

Forum List

Back