Is Getting Rich Worth It?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
You bet it is! No more worrying about paying the bills. Being able to buy what you want and dine where you want. Chance to get free of the bonds and travel.

Downsides? Of course there are. Does it change people? Not really. IMHO it only brings out who they always were.

Read the story @ BBC - Capital - The downsides of being rich

If anyone thinks being rich is not worth it can send me whatever amount makes them happy again.

PayPal, BitCoins, Personal Checks, Cashier Checks, Cash, Foreign Currency, Precious Metals and personal items that can be sold for cash are accepted.

The best part of having money is this:

When the boss comes to you at 3:00PM on Friday and tells you we have a lot of work to do and you have to come in this weekend, you can say "Sorry, I have plans".

When the boss comes to you at 3:00PM on Friday and tells you we have a lot of work to do and you have to come in this weekend, you can say "Sorry, I have plans".

Why would you have a boss?

Of all the wealthy people I know, none are unhappy.
Well there you go, the anecdotal experience of some poster who puts no small amount of effort into pretending to be wealthy is definitely best barometer of the wealth/happiness equation.

Is Getting Rich Worth It?

Hell yes!

da62cfbf384bdd824799b6ee803525e4.jpg

However, being wealthy is even better.

Last edited:

Having money means having no boss.

That said- some of my fondest memories are from times of poverty.

Some of my worst nightmares are from times of poverty.

You learn a lot about yourself and those around you. Same thing when in monied times.

What matters is the person that you are in any such moment.

If anyone's unhappy with their wealth, they're more than welcome to pass it on to someone more deserving.

You know... Like me. lol

Forum List

Back