Is family formation the key to a successful US?

Does US prosperity depend upon family formation and producing tax paying self-sufficient voters?

• Yes, keeping the family unit is key to US prosperity (includes education & job training)

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No, family units are not necessary to US prosperity, education & job training are all that is needed

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Tucker Carlson had a terrific opening the other day where he explained that when good paying manufacturing jobs went away, family formation dropped off. It seems that women don't want to marry men who earn less than them, and many women work in healthcare, which always have good jobs.

I believe that encouraging family formation is one of the reasons that Trump is trying to bring good jobs back to the US.

The marriage vows say different but we know how many think in terms of social value in a human asset.

Tucker Carlson had a terrific opening the other day where he explained that when good paying manufacturing jobs went away, family formation dropped off. It seems that women don't want to marry men who earn less than them, and many women work in healthcare, which always have good jobs.

I believe that encouraging family formation is one of the reasons that Trump is trying to bring good jobs back to the US.

The statistics on child-rearing are clear: children do best when raised in the home of their BIOLOGICAL, MARRIED parents.

Kids Need a Mom and a Dad – That’s What the Research Shows

That is not to say they can't do well in blended families, single-parent families, etc. But the most ideal situation is when a child lives in a home with mom and dad who are married.

You might think the "party of science" would be trumpeting that well-known social science from the rooftops...but of course not. It's not their "agenda".

Not sure Trump really understands family formation...or maybe he does and it just took him 3 tries to figure it out. Well, except that he did a lot of cheating on his current wife as well.

But I digress..

I guess it depends on what you mean by "family formation". If you mean a husband and wife and 2.5 kids, then no that is not necessary at all.

I work with a gay woman married to other woman and they have a daughter. I have never met a more loving parent than she is. They are a family formation that is good.

Out of my son's circle of friends (about 10 kids) we are the only group of parents still together. Some live with single parents, some parents have been married again and they live with an extend family. That is what we are today as a society, my wife and I just hit 25 years and I do think we are the exception and not the rule.

But yes, family is important, but what most people consider a "traditional" family is not.

The statistics on child-rearing are clear: children do best when raised in the home of their BIOLOGICAL, MARRIED parents.

Kids Need a Mom and a Dad – That’s What the Research Shows

That is not to say they can't do well in blended families, single-parent families, etc. But the most ideal situation is when a child lives in a home with mom and dad who are married.

You might think the "party of science" would be trumpeting that well-known social science from the rooftops...but of course not. It's not their "agenda".

So what do you propose? Outlaw divorce?

Is this the same Trump who has children with 3 different women? Is that the family formation you're referring to?

The only thing a child needs is someone who cares more for them, than themselves. Doesn't matter if it's a single mom or dad, doesn't even have to be the biological parent.
If you have someone looking out for you that put's your needs above all else, chances are you will be OK.

Is this the same Trump who has children with 3 different women? Is that the family formation you're referring to?
I thought of that too, but no president is a perfect messenger. Wages are up about 3% over the last year, and that's better than inflation. I don't give Trump credit, nor do I think any jobs are "coming back." But the economy is generally sound.

Trump's increased the deficits and he's going to have to choose between reducing growth or cutting a deal with Jina that is less than getting them to trade fairly.

Not sure Trump really understands family formation...or maybe he does and it just took him 3 tries to figure it out. Well, except that he did a lot of cheating on his current wife as well.

But I digress..

I guess it depends on what you mean by "family formation". If you mean a husband and wife and 2.5 kids, then no that is not necessary at all.

I work with a gay woman married to other woman and they have a daughter. I have never met a more loving parent than she is. They are a family formation that is good.

Out of my son's circle of friends (about 10 kids) we are the only group of parents still together. Some live with single parents, some parents have been married again and they live with an extend family. That is what we are today as a society, my wife and I just hit 25 years and I do think we are the exception and not the rule.

But yes, family is important, but what most people consider a "traditional" family is not.
Congrats on making 25 years, you should be good for the next 25...

Agreed that the definition of family generally mean a father /figure and a mother and not necessarily a "traditional" family.. Divorces happen to about 50% of marriages, so an "extended family" is fine too.

Those jobs were automated out of existence. They aren't coming "back".

Any asshole who claims he will bring back the jobs that were lost is a big fat liar. And if that same asshole doesn't retool our education system to train our kids and our workforce for the jobs of tomorrow, then that fat fuck is not only failing to make America great again, he is making things WORSE for America.

Empty promises are downright criminal.

I am a big believer in the whole family unit (two parents vs. one) being the core strength of our society.

But I'm afraid Carlson's premise is deeply flawed. One only has to look at the 70 percent single parenthood rate of black children being born today to see he is way off the mark.

Single parenthood among all races in America has skyrocketed since the 60s, but particularly so for blacks.

Everyone has their favorite single pet cause as being to blame, but it was probably several factors.

But I digress..
No, that's not a digression. That goes right to the heart of the matter.

Trump is the worst possible role model when it comes to "traditional family values". That phrase has been in every GOP platform since Bill Clinton's impeachment over a blowjob.

I wonder what the odds are that it will still be there in 2020.

This is all effect of the "education" that leftists here like to champion about.

Women get free education that men pay for, become fat indoctrinated Marxist pigs. Then start looking for men at age 37 with no fertility left. Men with no prospects to get women have had enough and would rather become welfare bums than work manufacturing. The plan is to genocide the white race and all standards.

It's the usual Marxist swindle.

This is all effect of the "education" that leftists here like to champion about.

Women get free education that men pay for, become fat indoctrinated Marxist pigs. Then start looking for men at age 37 with no fertility left. Men with no prospects to get women have had enough and would rather become welfare bums than work manufacturing. The plan is to genocide the white race and all standards.

And people wonder why women are fleeing the Repubs!

:21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

Those jobs were automated out of existence. They aren't coming "back".

Any asshole who claims he will bring back the jobs that were lost is a big fat liar. And if that same asshole doesn't retool our education system to train our kids and our workforce for the jobs of tomorrow, then that fat fuck is not only failing to make America great again, he is making things WORSE for America.

Empty promises are downright criminal.
What's criminal are the globalists who bankroll pols and PACS to make dumb laws like giving tax breaks to move factories overseas. Then they buy pols to ignore foreign dumping and foreign subsidies of their products as well as imposing high tariffs on US products. I give Trump, Navarro, and Lightheiser credit for negotiating better trade deals.
They are not empty promises, Trump's promises kept regarding trade are:
Withdrew the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement.
Working to defend American intellectual property from China's unfair practices through a range of actions.
Improved the KORUS trade agreement, which allows more U.S. automobile exports with lower tariffs and increases U.S. pharmaceutical access to South Korea.
American agriculture has gained access to new markets under President Trump.
Negotiated new trade agreements with Canada and Mexico
What's in Trump's new trade deal with Mexico and Canada?

Oh no they aren't... they are the primary victims of the swindle, far unhappier than ever before. They die alone... the Marxist plan.

Oh no they aren't... they are the primary victims of the swindle, far unhappier than ever before. They die alone... the Marxist plan.

I bet you are just so popular with the ladies! :21::21::21::21:

could you be more condescending towards women if you were paid to be?

Forum List

Back