Is Donald Trump the Omega Man?

To remind the illiterati, The Omega Man (based on the book I Am Legend) was a 1971 science fiction movie about a pandemic survivor in a post-apocalyptic world where infected zombies rule the streets. At the end of the movie, he is hunted down and killed by them. The book, however, went a step further and made him into an legendary murderer of innocent people (who finally mutated out of their zombie state).

Is this not evocative of the rabid hatred of Donald Trump displayed on the forum? Like zombies, his detractors spew forth their hatred in almost unintelligible rants which are virtually devoid of logical thought patterns. Is it possible that these outbursts are an undiagnosed side effect of the numerous Covid booster shots they have received? Or is it merely a political variant of Tourette Syndrome?

I wonder if these zombies will eventually mutate into rational human beings. In that event, will they remember Donald Trump as a prophetic voice in the wilderness or as an evil destroyer of their once-cherished political beliefs?
To remind the illiterati, The Omega Man (based on the book I Am Legend)
The presumption is galling, book burner.

Trump doesn't care about heritage. He tried to destroy all traditions and institutions... and wanted to suspend the constitution. What is wrong with you? How do you lie like that?
Clearly Trump tried to protect our heritage. He named Stephen Miller to his cabinet. Trump tried to save our history.

---President Trump Says It's 'Sad' to See U.S. Culture 'Ripped Apart' by Removing Confederate Statues---

To remind the illiterati, The Omega Man (based on the book I Am Legend) was a 1971 science fiction movie about a pandemic survivor in a post-apocalyptic world where infected zombies rule the streets. At the end of the movie, he is hunted down and killed by them. The book, however, went a step further and made him into an legendary murderer of innocent people (who finally mutated out of their zombie state).

Is this not evocative of the rabid hatred of Donald Trump displayed on the forum? Like zombies, his detractors spew forth their hatred in almost unintelligible rants which are virtually devoid of logical thought patterns. Is it possible that these outbursts are an undiagnosed side effect of the numerous Covid booster shots they have received? Or is it merely a political variant of Tourette Syndrome?

I wonder if these zombies will eventually mutate into rational human beings. In that event, will they remember Donald Trump as a prophetic voice in the wilderness or as an evil destroyer of their once-cherished political beliefs?
There are a few books out there that we thought we science fiction and now we know that they weren't.

Not a bad analogy in a political sense.

Forum List

Back