Is Disrupting Free Speech a Form of Free Speech?

I say it is not as Free Speech requires the tolerance of others free speech as well or else one does not have free speech. There are practical limits, but this is one of the foundational principles to the concept of Free Speech.

But a lawyer in some academic mill disagrees.

Law school dean: Disrupting free speech event was free speech

• The dean of the CUNY School of Law is speaking out in defense of student protesters who heckled a conservative speaker on campus recently, saying the "non-violent, limited protest was a reasonable exercise of free speech."
  • The students disrupted Josh Blackman for roughly eight minutes as he attempted to give a presentation in support of the First Amendment, shouting that "legal objectivity is a myth" and calling him a "white supremacist."
that would work *if* he also defended a conservative heckler who heckled the heckler.

however - life doesn't work that way and to me, no. if they wish to present counter views, great. set that up in the same manner the conservative setup their meeting. let them be afforded the same courtesy to speak their views w/o the interference. but if your only goal is to more or less silence the other party then no. the best way to illustrate this is going back to my main point -

would the liberal be upset if this were done to them? if so, shut the fuck up.

Amen to this. If you don't want it done to you, don't go doing it to anyone else.
You'd think something this fundamental would be obvious.

But there are people who will do anything they can to shut you down, no matter what.

It's sad to watch.
iu

yelling or interrupting someone while they are speaking is rude, nothing more.

Even if it is orchestrated to prevent the otehr person from being able to use their free Speech?

You libtards are laying down legal prcedent that you are likely to regret as your monopoly of our institutions is not eternal and opposing fascists are very likely to use them against your own cause one day.

And that day might be a whole lot closer than you think.

View attachment 188686
did the person that got interrupted not have the ability to speak louder? He was the one with the mic.

and to be clear; you are showing yourself to be incredibly weak, if you can't handle someone yelling at another person, when you aren't eve there.....
great. next time you believe in something enough to want to speak to it, let me know. i'll swing by and just yell from the audience and lets see how you react.

Even if it is orchestrated to prevent the otehr person from being able to use their free Speech?

You libtards are laying down legal prcedent that you are likely to regret as your monopoly of our institutions is not eternal and opposing fascists are very likely to use them against your own cause one day.

View attachment 188686
Since the youth in America is becoming darker and less conservative, your graph is showing the "good old days" now and nothing for the future.

View attachment 188686
did the person that got interrupted not have the ability to speak louder? He was the one with the mic.

and to be clear; you are showing yourself to be incredibly weak, if you can't handle someone yelling at another person, when you aren't eve there.....

Even when 50 of them are yelling to interrupt you and they have loud speakers too?

roflmao, you are naive
You're weak.

View attachment 188686

great. next time you believe in something enough to want to speak to it, let me know. i'll swing by and just yell from the audience and lets see how you react.
I'm really good at banter, I suggest you bring a box of tissues for yourself though

View attachment 188686

I'm really good at banter, I suggest you bring a box of tissues for yourself though
I double majored in sarcasm and apathy. I'm ready, hos.

Forum List

Back