Is Dinesh D'souza An Obama Political Prisoner?...

Do You Feel Dinesh D'Souza Was Targeted For His Political Beliefs

• Total voters
S
I was audited twice in the last 5 years.

Once 4 months into his first term and once a year ago after I closed down my business. I've never been audited before.
Neither had I, but I screwed up on employee pay reporting when I did a state job for the highway patrol in Vinita, Ok...
Seems to me regulations are easy to break if they keep changing them. Had the state come down on me for not having one of three licenses. The county fucked up the paperwork so I got nailed. I could have sued their asses, but they cut me some slack. Appears this Obama critic got no slack.
THIS, This is the crux of the issue.

If the government digs, EVERYONE is guilty.

There are just too many damn laws and codes.

quote-Hunter-S.-Thompson-in-a-closed-society-where-everybodys-guilty-89362.png

Dinesh D'Souza was just sentenced for violating Campaign Finance laws. Do you think he was targeted by Obama for his political beliefs? Is he a Political Prisoner? If so, that would seem to go against everything our Nation stands for. What do you think?

He violated the law. He didn't think it was wrong but accepts full responsibility. It had nothing to do with his political views.

So you feel if he never made those films, he would have still been targeted?

He wasn't targeted. He inadvertently broke the law and was caught.

Exactly. And as many police officers have told many people over the years "Ignorance is no excuse."

I don't care for D'Souza, and I think his film is ridiculous, but I give him credit for accepting responsibility, and admitting his guilt. He probably has the money to fight it in court, and in that case probably would have received a stiffer sentence if convicted. Instead he fessed up, and got a slap on the wrist.

He made no excuses. He pled guilty.

I apologize if the intent of my comment wasn't clear. I wasn't accusing him of making excuses. I was giving him credit for doing the complete opposite.

Dinesh D'Souza was just sentenced for violating Campaign Finance laws. Do you think he was targeted by Obama for his political beliefs? Is he a Political Prisoner? If so, that would seem to go against everything our Nation stands for. What do you think?
YES he is a political prisoner. I said it first. Thanks for the poll.

Yes, he was audited in May. As was Ben Carson.
Obama has no shame because his lapdog fan base won't hold him accountable. They don't want to get arrested by his Gestapo, too.
When I was audited I never blamed the president...
We're you badmouthing him on Fox?
No, I was in jail at the time....

That explains plenty.
Good and Plenty, yum....

Said no one ever. Those things are just awful. Now some Mike and Ikes...that's yum.

He violated the law. He didn't think it was wrong but accepts full responsibility. It had nothing to do with his political views.

Exactly. And as many police officers have told many people over the years "Ignorance is no excuse."

I don't care for D'Souza, and I think his film is ridiculous, but I give him credit for accepting responsibility, and admitting his guilt. He probably has the money to fight it in court, and in that case probably would have received a stiffer sentence if convicted. Instead he fessed up, and got a slap on the wrist.

I apologize if the intent of my comment wasn't clear. I wasn't accusing him of making excuses. I was giving him credit for doing the complete opposite.

I may have misunderstood. It's all good.

I've spoke with Dinesh a couple of months ago about this situation and he explained himself and I believe what he says over any news article.

He broke the law and admitted it.

Hell, one of the times he was on Bill Maher, I saw him admit to his crime.

So yeah, from the RW point of view, he was targeted by the Obama administration.

This is so damn typical of you RWs. Anything you think might harm the US - you're in favor of it.

:boohoo:

But hey, that is funny.

Really stupid but damn funny.

It was just an accident, huh?

He was bragging and laughing about barely getting a wrist slap.

Your posts never disappoint.

1. D'souza was guilty as sin. Nobody disputes that. Not D'souza, who pled guilty.

2. No, everyone doesn't do it. Almost nobody does it. If you're claiming everyone does it, you're lying.

3. D'souza showed zero remorse for doing it, and instead used it as an excuse to shill his movies.

4. He got a slap on the wrist.

If you're both dumber than dogshit and proud of your extreme partisan corruption, you could declare D'Souza was a victim. No decent and intelligent human, however, could ever make such an insane claim.

Yep, that about covers it.

Anyone who saw him on Maher would agree with you.

Well, except for the rabid RWs who hate America.

I may have misunderstood. It's all good.

I've spoke with Dinesh a couple of months ago about this situation and he explained himself and I believe what he says over any news article.

And the Lonestar Loser jumps the shark.

:eusa_snooty:

Have you ever read what you write?

:rolleyes-41:

Yes, he was audited in May. As was Ben Carson.
Obama has no shame because his lapdog fan base won't hold him accountable. They don't want to get arrested by his Gestapo, too.

He sure would have made Nixon very proud. He should be Impeached for his awful IRS abuses. It's shocking he's been given a free pass on all his abuses of power. Not sure why. I can only speculate.

What Obama has done is far worse than what caused Nixon to resign. The IRS refused to cooperate with Nixon; and to the GOP's credit, they didn't circle the wagons to protect him.

Contrast that with how the Dems and the current IRS and DOJ have behaved....

Yeah, that darn ole Obama pulled your fat ass out of the fire. The jerks you vote for have screwed you to the wall and you'll vote for them to do it again.

10580049_828003613886291_3249061976425937802_n_zps7ff690ac.jpg

LOL

He's walking the street.

Most "political prisoners" aren't appearing on national talk shows to hype their books.

:lmao:

"Is Dinesh D'souza An Obama Political Prisoner?..."

No, he's a convicted felon:

“Dinesh D’Souza, the conservative pundit, author and filmmaker, pleaded guilty Tuesday morning to using straw donors to make an illegal contribution to a Republican Senate candidate from New York in 2012.

His lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, released a statement Tuesday morning saying that D’Souza has “agreed to accept responsibility” for the illegal donation made in the names of two close associates. At the hearing in U.S. District Court in New York, prosecutors agreed to drop the more serious of two charges against him, leaving D’Souza liable for one count of making an illegal donation, meaning he could still receive up to two years in prison. His lawyer said that the author should not be imprisoned. A sentencing hearing is scheduled for September.”

D Souza pleads guilty in New York campaign finance case - The Washington Post

If D’Souza is willing to take responsibility for his crime, others on the right should do the same.

“A federal judge on Tuesday sentenced Dinesh D’Souza to five years of probation, including eight months in a community confinement center, ordering no jail time for the conservative author and pundit who pleaded guilty to using straw donors to make an illegal campaign contribution.

U.S. District Judge Richard Berman handed down the sentence, which also includes a $30,000 fine. D'Souza must attend weekly therapeutic counseling sessions and perform community service, the judge said.”

Dinesh D Souza avoids jail time gets five years of probation for campaign finance violation - The Washington Post

D’Souza was sentenced by a Federal judge in accordance with the law, affording him ample and comprehensive due process – having nothing to do with the president.

That the partisan right seeks to contrive D’Souza as some sort of 'hero' or ' victim' is further confirmation of the propensity of most conservatives to lie and attempt to contrive 'controversies' where none exist.

Repaying people for campaign contributions is wrong and likely done by many on both sides. Usually, it's one of those things that get ignored because "everybody does it." What is happening here is the Obama administration using their powers to target political enemies. They seem to think that the office of DOJ, the IRS, NSA and every other agency are theirs to use as they see fit. Rules haven't meant anything yet.

I think D'Souza's punishment is supposed to serve as a warning to others who may be thinking of speaking truthfully about this administration. Never did hear any more from that filmmaker who took the rap for Benghazi terrorists. Hell, we still haven't heard from all of the Benghazi survivors who were rounded up and taken away by the administration.

Obama is focused like a laser on his enemies instead of the economy.

S
I was audited twice in the last 5 years.

Once 4 months into his first term and once a year ago after I closed down my business. I've never been audited before.
Neither had I, but I screwed up on employee pay reporting when I did a state job for the highway patrol in Vinita, Ok...
Seems to me regulations are easy to break if they keep changing them. Had the state come down on me for not having one of three licenses. The county fucked up the paperwork so I got nailed. I could have sued their asses, but they cut me some slack. Appears this Obama critic got no slack.
THIS, This is the crux of the issue.

If the government digs, EVERYONE is guilty.

There are just too many damn laws and codes.

quote-Hunter-S.-Thompson-in-a-closed-society-where-everybodys-guilty-89362.png

And that IS the point of having a complex and completely unknowable set of laws.

Everyone is at the WHIM of the government bureacracy..so you'd better keep your head down, mouth shut, and pocket book open.

LOL

He's walking the street.

Most "political prisoners" aren't appearing on national talk shows to hype their books.

:lmao:

Do you honestly believe he would have been targeted if he hadn't made the films?

He wasn't targeted at all. He made it very obvious he was committing a crime. Anyone who made it that obvious would have been prosecuted. Apparently, he thought he was a special little snowflake who was above the law, an attitude found in so many conservatives these days.

Paulitician, you need to stop projecting your own partisan corruption on to honest people. We get it; you would gleefully send the government after political opponents, hence you assume everyone else must be as corrupt as yourself. You extremist conservatives just don't understand how those outside of your cult rarely share your moral failings.

Forum List

Back