Is Bush losing it?

Kathianne said:
Not much different, perhaps less. The 'poor' pay a disproportionate amount of taxes in sales and use taxes. One can't ditch buying food, clothes, using phone, gas, electric. The poor don't pay an income tax. Shoot, I get the Earned Income Credit! Eliminate that. Now what do we have?

So if they have to add a Federal sales tax to everything they buy it's not going to be different? You lost me on that logic.

TheOne said:
So if they have to add a Federal sales tax to everything they buy it's not going to be different? You lost me on that logic.

You may find this hard to believe, but I 'get' that it's not all about 'ME'! I care about my kids too.

Kathianne said:
You may find this hard to believe, but I 'get' that it's not all about 'ME'! I care about my kids too.

:cuckoo:

Arizona Liberal said:
I don't know about One's source but I have seen Ann Coulter on here plenty of times - and she's as slanted as they come.

Here's a question I've asked other liberals on this board, when they've insisted that there is no liberal bias in the mainstream media. Maybe I'll get an answer from you.

Could it be that you perceive no liberal bias because what you're hearing from the Big Three, CNN, etc., makes sense to you?

Ann Coulter makes sense to me.

Kathianne said:
Demonstrate you ignorance, it's your choice.

I'm sorry. I have no idea what you are talking about. You lost me on the kids and "ME" thing.

getting rid of the IRS would ensure that there are zero loopholes for corporations to use, not to mention that a flat tax or sales tax in lieu of an income tax would ensure fairness in taxes on the middle and lower class.

Give up taxing the wealthy any more, its just not going to happen. I still see some of the class warfare that goes on, but at least abolishing the IRS gives the rest of us a better chance at taking advantage of more money in our pocket.

TheOne said:
I'm sorry. I have no idea what you are talking about. You lost me on the kids and "ME" thing.

I'll take you at your word. I have been in financial straits due to being a stay at home mom. Returned to school, for 3rd BA. Now teaching, low pay, for parochial school. At this point in time, my 3 kids are in college, last just starting. I want the best system for THEM, not myself. I will get by or they will help me or not. Anyways, when I look at the system, it is for the future.

musicman said:
Here's a question I've asked other liberals on this board, when they've insisted that there is no liberal bias in the mainstream media. Maybe I'll get an answer from you.

Could it be that you perceive no liberal bias because what you're hearing from the Big Three, CNN, etc., makes sense to you?

She once said, "Invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity" If that makes sense to you, you are more than a little bit confused.

TheOne said:
She once said, "Invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity" If that makes sense to you, you are more than a little bit confused.

My own take, she is verbally extreme, but no more so than Al Franken....

Kathianne said:
I'll take you at your word. I have been in financial straits due to being a stay at home mom. Returned to school, for 3rd BA. Now teaching, low pay, for parochial school. At this point in time, my 3 kids are in college, last just starting. I want the best system for THEM, not myself. I will get by or they will help me or not. Anyways, when I look at the system, it is for the future.

OK. I see and I understand. I have four chidren myself. Read this interview with Peter Peterson. Peter is the chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York as well as of his own investment firm, the Blackstone Group. He's a lifelong Republican who served as Secretary of Commerce in Richard Nixon's cabinet.

Here's a relevant snippet:

PETER PETERSON: And the foreign deficit. Now the moral crisis. There's a German philosopher named Bonhoeffer who said the ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.

When we sit around here and talk about all these tax cuts and we say it's our money, your money and mine, I think we ought to be honest with the American people. In the first place, it's also our debt and it's our children's debt.

But secondly, a tax cut isn't really a tax cut long-term unless you reduce spending. Because then it becomes a tax increase on your children. So we're inflicting this awful bill not simply on ourselves but most importantly on our kids. And it is that phenomenon that is very troublesome when we have to consider that ten years from now 77 million Boomers are retiring.

All of those liabilities are not funded. The Trust Fund is one of the ultimate fiscal oxymorons of our time. There's nothing in it that's not funded and you shouldn't trust it. And whether you had it or didn't have it, you'd still have to go out and do the same thing. Increase payroll taxes to pay for Social Security and Medicare.

You realize, Bill, at the present time, the Social Security Administration believes that my children and grandchildren will have to pay between 25 and 35 percent of payroll to fund these programs. So when we say you and I, fat cats that we are, are getting tax cuts, I prefer to think of it as a tax increase on my own kids and grandkids. And I find that a fundamentally unacceptable immoral proposition.

article

We need a tax and spending plan that will anticipate the coming crisis and make the lives of our children better. Your choice in President is antithetical to that.

TheOne said:

I'd like to see that quote in context. After all, Bill Clinton said, "I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman....", but , we did not appreciate it in the context of his DEFINITION of sexual relations. Ann Coulter goes off the deep end sometimes - there is a comedic, outrageous aspect to her writing. But, the totality of her viewpoint makes sense to me.

Does the liberal mainstream media make sense to you?

musicman said:

Could it be that you perceive no liberal bias because what you're hearing from the Big Three, CNN, etc., makes sense to you?.

In fact I perceive a very clear conservative agenda in some media. I think even you will admit that FOX is always working for the right-wing. Another is Clear Channel, who controls the radio stations. Then, the radio station which broadcasts to our US ARMY decides to carry Rush Limbaugh, but refuses to carry Air America Radio - which beat out Rush in ratings last cycle! Then Disney (who also has ABC), another right-wing machine, refuses to distribute Farenheit 9/11 - despite the fact that it won many awards and was a box-office hit.

I will agree that lately the CNN and C-SPAN have been leaning left, whcihc leads me to believe that liberalism is the "in" thing right now - you will surely remember that they weren't bothering to push a left-wing agenda when the "in" thing was attacking Bill Clinton for his affair. They simply go with what they think people want.

"...not even Islamic terrorists hate America as much as liberals do."
-Ann Coulter

That's not sense, that's slander. In fact, in every excerpt of Ann I've seen it's about 90% whining, and about 10% distorted fact. "People who agree with Ann Coulter hate other Americanss for their freedom of beliefs" - <i>something Ann Coulter would say if she was a liberal.</i>

TheOne said:
OK. I see and I understand. I have four chidren myself. Read this interview with Peter Peterson. Peter is the chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York as well as of his own investment firm, the Blackstone Group. He's a lifelong Republican who served as Secretary of Commerce in Richard Nixon's cabinet.

Here's a relevant snippet:

article

We need a tax and spending plan that will anticipate the coming crisis and make the lives of our children better. Your choice in President is antithetical to that.

I see you 'feel my pain' but my serious pain is that my kids are not stuck with this welfare mentality of the world. Sorry, but I'm one of the poo fok who isn't joining.

musicman said:
I'd like to see that quote in context. After all, Bill Clinton said, "I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman....", but , we did not appreciate it in the context of his DEFINITION of sexual relations. Ann Coulter goes off the deep end sometimes - there is a comedic, outrageous aspect to her writing. But, the totality of her viewpoint makes sense to me.

Does the liberal mainstream media make sense to you?

Heres her article where she says that.

invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity

Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now.

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.

DKSuddeth said:
Heres her article where she says that.

invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity

Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now.

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.

Dk, you will get no argument from me that Coulter is a flamer! I'd ban her! :flameth:

it sounds just as crazy in context ...

DK:

Note the date on that column - Sept. 13, 2001. She was outraged, as we all were. She had lost a close, personal friend, as well.

It's a damned good thing I wasn't president on that day.

Arizona Liberal said:
it sounds just as crazy in context ...

:wtf: are you talking about? How about a few hints for us 'less nuanced' folk here?

Forum List

Back