Bush's Republicans prepare for their 'dirty war' on Kerry

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheOne, Aug 2, 2004.

1. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    article

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    and those ads paid for by the soft money will be all sweetness and light... :cool:

3. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Bush should run on his record and be more optimistic. Don't you agree? That is, unless he has nothing to run on. I don't think Bush will attract undecideds with more negative campaigning. Maybe he has nothing to run on?

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    and maybe he has been? Take a look at the Springfield, MO. speech from Friday. I know I'll be looking at the blue book of Kerry's postions. Supposed to be found on his website. Should be a fun couple of months. :cheers2:

5. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    that's got to be the most unfounded article/headline I have ever seen. There are no quotes from anyone who would know supporting the claim that they are preparing "personal" attacks, nothing.

This article is not even worthy of refutation.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The NYT had similar yesterday. Both fail to mention that August is when the Soros, Moveon, Tides $ will be spent. They are inane. :wtf:

7. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It's one thing when soft money organizations operate outside of official campaign control. It's an entirely different thing when official campaign people do things.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :laugh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mm:

9. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I don't think it is, especially when people like Clinton and Gore have been so active with MoveOn.org. Kerry will use the technicality that it's them and not him saying things, but I bet he doesn't try to distance himself from it to much either.

Speaking of running on a record, exactly how is Kerry running on his record? His "record" thus far seems to be four months in Vietnam. How about a little more emphasis on his quarter of a century in the senate. Then again, I suppose he accomplished more during those four months. By all means, lets make this a campaign totally running on records.

The Dems seem to be hoping everyone has bad memories. For several weeks up to and during the primary elections, Democrats did little but bash President Bush. Meanwhile, Bush was talking about things like jobs and the economy. The second he fires the smallest shot back, the Dems start saying, "Oh, but we want to talk about the issues."

Kerry and the Democrats have run one of the most hateful, pessimistic campaigns I've ever seen, and in what is typical fashion for them this year, try to blame Republicans and President Bush for running a negative campaign. Sorry, I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to believe that. Then again....

10. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess that's why they have to say: "I'm candidate and I approve of this message"