Speaking of Hypocrisy!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Now I saw this yesterday, but decided it was too small an issue. But, in light of The One's posts, figure fair is fair:

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/KerryEdwards_menu-31Jul04.htm

Now before anyone tries to come and say $200 total, let's look at the menu here, you really think $10 and change? Nah!

Was the real lunch choice Wendy’s or fine dine​

What was being served inside the bus?
While Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry and his running mate, John Edwards, and their families were having a “lite” lunch at Wendy’s in the Town of Newburgh Friday, drumming up local support right after the national convention in Boston, their real lunches were waiting on their bus.

A member of the Kerry advance team called Nikola’s Restaurant at the Newburgh Yacht Club the night before and ordered 19 five-star lunches to go that would be picked up at noon Friday. Management at the restaurant, which is operated by CIA graduate chef Michael Dederick, was told the meals would be for the Kerry and Edwards families and actor Ben Affleck who was with them on the tour.

The gourmet meals to go included shrimp vindallo, grilled diver sea scallops, prosciutto, wrapped stuffed chicken, and steak salad. The meals came to about $200.

The entourage had also expected to stop at the Alexis Diner at Route 9W and North Plank Road in the Town of Newburgh. In fact, the Kerry advance team had ordered 125 lunches for the team and supporters. Their buses drove right by the diner on I-84 and proceeded straight to Wendy’s.

Kerry may still have the vote of Wendy’s manager John Garrett. “I’m for anyone who comes in and likes double cheeses”, Garrett said. “I’m a big supporter of anyone who orders our food.”

More non sense. No offense Kathi. I just wish we didnt have all this glad-handing and baby kissing Bullshit. Just show your records in every publication. Tell us what your going to do. Completely ignore who your running against and go from there. Never going to happen though i guess. :confused:

insein said:
More non sense. No offense Kathi. I just wish we didnt have all this glad-handing and baby kissing Bullshit. Just show your records in every publication. Tell us what your going to do. Completely ignore who your running against and go from there. Never going to happen though i guess. :confused:

That was my point. To me, this was worthless, I hate Wendy's, I feel their pain. If I could pretend to eat and then have shrimp etc., more power to me! Nonetheless, like for like.

Forum List

Back