Is Bush losing it?

T

TheOne

I bolded the part about the alcoholism. Interesting read though.

Sullen, Depressed President Retreats Into Private, Paranoid World
By TERESA HAMPTON & WILLIAM D. McTAVISH
Capitol Hill Blue Staff
Jul 29, 2004, 09:08

A sullen President George W. Bush is withdrawing more and more from aides and senior staff, retreating into a private, paranoid world where only the ardent loyalists are welcome.

Cabinet officials, senior White House aides and leaders on Capitol Hill complain privately about the increasing lack of “face time” with the President and campaign advisors are worried the depressed President may not be up to the rigors of a tough re-election campaign.

“Yes, there are concerns,” a top Republican political advisor admitted privately Wednesday. “The George W. Bush we see today is not the same, gregarious, back-slapping President of old. He’s moody, distrustful and withdrawn.”

Bush’s erratic behavior and sharp mood swings led White House physician Col. Richard J. Tubb to put the President on powerful anti-depressant drugs after he stormed off stage rather than answer reporters' questions about his relationship with indicted Enron executive Kenneth J. Lay, but White House insiders say the strong, prescription medications seem to increase Bush’s sullen behavior towards those around him.

-snip-

Psychiatrists say the increasing paranoia at the White House is symptomatic of Bush’s “paranoid, delusional personality.”

Dr. Justin Frank, a prominent Washington psychiatrist and author of the book, Bush on the Couch, Inside the Mind of the President, says the President suffers from “character pathology,” including “grandiosity” and “megalomania” – viewing himself, America and God as interchangeable.

Dr. Frank also concludes that Bush’s years of heavy drinking “may have affected his brain function – and his decision to quit drinking without the help of a 12-step programs puts him at a far higher risk of relapse.”

Whatever the cause for the President’s increasing paranoia and delusions, veteran White House watchers see a strong parallel with another Republican president from 30 years ago.

“From what people who work there now tell me, this White House looks more and more like the White House of Richard M. Nixon,” says retired political science professor George Harleigh, who worked in the Nixon White House. “It may be 2004 but it is starting to seem more like 1974 (the year Nixon resigned in disgrace).”

© Copyright 2004 Capitol Hill Blue

article

Just so we understand the 'source' of One's Post, here is the 'front page', they are like THE ONION, but misleading:

Dubya Wants a National Intel Czar
President Bush is backing the Sept. 11. commission's recommendation to create a national intelligence director and a national counterterrorism center, but not in the White House as the panel had proposed, administration officials said Monday.
Bush Leagues Aug 2, 2004, 11:43

More and More Republicans Turning Away From Bush
Ohio resident Bob Stewart says of President Bush: "He's been a world-class polarizer. I don't know if I can stomach four more years with him as president. He misled us into the war in Iraq and has mismanaged everything since." A raging Democrat? No, Stewart is a Republican, one of an increasing number of such voters who plan to back John Kerry, out of despair over the war in Iraq and disappointment over budget deficits and social policies.
Politics Aug 2, 2004, 08:02

Drugs Used to Torture Prisoners at Gitmo
Two Frenchmen held for more than two years of detention in the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay said drugs were used to torture prisoners and called conditions at the facility "hell."
What Price Freedom? Aug 2, 2004, 07:38

Injured Troops All Too Often Denied Disability Pay
Nearly one-third of the National Guard and Reserve troops returning from war with illnesses or injuries are forced to wait more than four months to learn whether they'll be compensated under the military's disability system.
FUBAR Aug 2, 2004, 07:26

Grand Jury Questions Powell in CIA Leak Probe
Secretary of State Colin Powell has spoken to a grand jury probing whether Bush aides leaked the name of a CIA agent to retaliate against her husband, an Iraq war critic.
Bush Leagues Aug 2, 2004, 06:33

Kerry Talks God and Guns
John Kerry is talking more openly about his personal connection to God and guns as he kicks off the general election campaign asking for support from conservative-leaning independent voters.
Politics Aug 2, 2004, 06:28

FBI Director Admits Whistle Blower Fired for Blowing Whistle
A classified Justice Department investigation determined that a whistle-blower's allegations of security lapses in the FBI's translator program were at least partly responsible for her firing, the FBI director told U.S. senators.
FUBAR Aug 2, 2004, 05:36

The Book on Kerry-Edwards
Democrats John Kerry and John Edwards are releasing a book-length blueprint for their White House campaign, including plans to fight terrorism and improve homeland security as officials warn of an attack against major financial institutions.
Politics Aug 2, 2004, 05:30

Terror Alert Levels Raised for New York City, Washington, DC
The federal government warned Sunday of possible terrorist attacks against "iconic" financial institutions in New York City, Washington and Newark, N.J., saying a confluence of chilling intelligence in recent days pointed to a car or truck bomb.
America at War Aug 1, 2004, 20:55

Make Haste...But Be Careful
If Congress or the administration dawdles over recommendations of the 9/11 commission, the worst could happen, some reportedly think. There could be a terrorist attack and it would look as if the dawdlers were responsible.
Opinion Aug 1, 2004, 07:25

More Stories

TheOne said:
What part is not true?

Here's a review of the book mentioned:

Bush on the Couch

From your site. How do you say, 'beyond pop science'?
assembling a comprehensive psychological profile of President Bush. Using the principles of applied psychoanalysis -- the discipline of psychoanalyzing public and historical figures pioneered by Freud -- Frank fearlessly builds his case ... and reaches conclusions that are at once highly persuasive and deeply disturbing.

OK...I see. Time to discredit because you don't like the message.

TheOne said:

No, it's time to discredit because it's full of crap. That's like going to buzzflash.com for your "facts".

TheOne said:

How about the source is not a source? :funnyface :finger3:

Ya know, one of the thing that makes this country so great is we will never run out of "experts" to support any theory; and they have the right to express their opinion! What a country!

insein said:
Here is who funds CapitolHillBlues

The save america foundation.

http://www.saveamerica.nl/default.html

Whats their mission statement?

Regime change in 04.

Who's their Hero?

George Soros. Need i go on.

You just posted an article from the Drudge Report about abolishing the IRS and actually beleived it and you want to cast aspersions on my cites? :confused:

TheOne said:
You just posted an article from the Drudge Report about abolishing the IRS and actually beleived it and you want to cast aspersions on my cites? :confused:

Once again, you've obviously never been to Drudge otherwise you'd see the wide variety of news that he has. Plus i don't know how you could be against abolishing the IRS. Its not bashing Kerry. Its not even praising Bush. Its stating something that is being undertaken by congress.

I guess abolishing the IRS is bad news for you in someway.

More dementia. This stuff is going to get weirder in direct proportion to the desperation gripping the increasingly irrelevant left. I wouldn't put anything past them.

I don't know about One's source but I have seen Ann Coulter on here plenty of times - and she's as slanted as they come.

Arizona Liberal said:
I don't know about One's source but I have seen Ann Coulter on here plenty of times - and she's as slanted as they come.

Very true. Just check her website. She give USA a comeuppance for hiring then not publishing. She had a 'body of writing' for them to check out, to know where she was coming from. No Maureen Dowd is she!

insein said:
Once again, you've obviously never been to Drudge otherwise you'd see the wide variety of news that he has. Plus i don't know how you could be against abolishing the IRS. Its not bashing Kerry. Its not even praising Bush. Its stating something that is being undertaken by congress.

I guess abolishing the IRS is bad news for you in someway.

That plan would absolutely suck and would be a massive regressive tax scheme like a flat tax, but worse. It would absolutely destroy our economy as the spending power of working class consumers would be devestated. What's more, the IRS employees and the thousands upon thousands of tax accountants and lawyers would be unemployed.

The ultimate effect would be to push more of the burden of paying for the government to the working, consuming middle class. In effect, it would tax people living in poverty who are buying bread for their children.

Maybe if it was set up in such a way that the wealthier you are, the higher sales tax rate you pay would work though.

TheOne said:
That plan would absolutely suck and would be a massive regressive tax scheme like a flat tax, but worse. It would absolutely destroy our economy as the spending power of working class consumers would be devestated. What's more, the IRS employees and the thousands upon thousands of tax accountants and lawyers would be unemployed.

The ultimate effect would be to push more of the burden of paying for the government to the working, consuming middle class. In effect, it would tax people living in poverty who are buying bread for their children.

Maybe if it was set up in such a way that the wealthier you are, the higher sales tax rate you pay would work though.

How would it push more of the burden on the working class if their incomes arent taxed? Furthermore, the Rich would then spend MUCH MORE in taxes due to the cost of the items they buy. People will actually buy MORE stuff due to them not being taxed for their incomes. Thus the economy would further improve.

As for the lawyers and tax accountants, my heart goes out to them. :rolleyes:

insein said:
How would it push more of the burden on the working class if their incomes arent taxed? Furthermore, the Rich would then spend MUCH MORE in taxes due to the cost of the items they buy. People will actually buy MORE stuff due to them not being taxed for their incomes. Thus the economy would further improve.

As for the lawyers and tax accountants, my heart goes out to them. :rolleyes:

People who don't make much money don't pay much taxes anyway. They would though under this scheme.

TheOne said:
People who don't make much money don't pay much taxes anyway. They would though under this scheme.

Not much different, perhaps less. The 'poor' pay a disproportionate amount of taxes in sales and use taxes. One can't ditch buying food, clothes, using phone, gas, electric. The poor don't pay an income tax. Shoot, I get the Earned Income Credit! Eliminate that. Now what do we have?

Forum List

Back