CDZ Is an AR-15 a good self defense weapon...yes.....

Killed two but not the third? I'd hate live near anyone who is that bad at shooting. Its a shame that training isn't considered necessary, needed or even desirable. Better to just close your eyes, pull the trigger and hope for the best.

Interesting comments at the link.

3 for 3 is not good enough for you?

Why is it kill / kill/ kill from the left.

Starting with aborting babies.

Sad really.

Read my post #10 ^^^

In point of fact, my comment was about the inability to do the job with a semi-automatic.

"Sad really", wouldn't you say?

Seriously, how incompetent would one have to be?

define "doing the job", please?

That would be taking Post 10 out of context.

Suggest you read what air tasers do but basically, the attacker is put on the ground but not permanently harmed or killed.

That's my preference.

Please do not compare being attacked and fighting back with abortions. There is no reason, no excuse to say that THAT is all a human fetus is worth.

Killed two but not the third? I'd hate live near anyone who is that bad at shooting. Its a shame that training isn't considered necessary, needed or even desirable. Better to just close your eyes, pull the trigger and hope for the best.

Sad really.

Read my post #10 ^^^

In point of fact, my comment was about the inability to do the job with a semi-automatic.

Suggest you read what air tasers do but basically, the attacker is put on the ground but not permanently harmed or killed.

That's my preference.

Please do not compare being attacked and fighting back with abortions. There is no reason, no excuse to say that THAT is all a human fetus is worth.

You said:

"In point of fact, my comment was about the inability to do the job with a semi-automatic."

What do you mean by: "do the job"?

The goal is not to kill (only murderous authoritarians, like you, want to kill everybody), the goal is to stop the attacker. If they stop without having to be killed that is the ultimate outcome.

Would you like to post links to where you have read that I want to kill everybody?

No, I didn't think so.

Interesting that you would come up with particular accusation since I have repeatedly said that although I own guns, my go-to for self-defense and home protection is the air taser. You can take out several attackers but not kill any of them.

And one does not have to be a good shot or be calm and cool in the face of being attacked.

The post I responded to for one. "Killed two, but not the third?" As if you are implying that after the attacker was down the victim should have executed him for having the temerity to live through getting shot the first time. Can't have it both ways luddy, no matter how hard you try.

WHAT?????????????????????????

Its an AR-15, right? How incompetent would the shooter have to be?

Again, that is the reason I have air tasers. So that no one has to die.

Please stop making up fictional answers and attributing them to me. Thanks.

Said the guy who has probably never fired an AR.

You have no idea.

Sad really.

Read my post #10 ^^^

That's my preference.

You said:

"In point of fact, my comment was about the inability to do the job with a semi-automatic."

Sad really.

Read my post #10 ^^^

That's my preference.

You said:

You must have missed this.

Sad really.

Read my post #10 ^^^

That's my preference.

So I will give you a hypothetical 'green defender'.
A home invader comes into your domicile on Polk St. You successfully neutralize him with your taser. The average police response time in the US in 2016 was about 11 minutes. The recovery time from a taser shock is a few minutes. What are you going to do when he rips the tazer spikes out? What are you going to do for the next 6...10...20 minutes?
Just food for thought. It is all hypothetical after all.
The goal is not to kill (only murderous authoritarians, like you, want to kill everybody), the goal is to stop the attacker. If they stop without having to be killed that is the ultimate outcome.

Would you like to post links to where you have read that I want to kill everybody?

No, I didn't think so.

Interesting that you would come up with particular accusation since I have repeatedly said that although I own guns, my go-to for self-defense and home protection is the air taser. You can take out several attackers but not kill any of them.

And one does not have to be a good shot or be calm and cool in the face of being attacked.

The post I responded to for one. "Killed two, but not the third?" As if you are implying that after the attacker was down the victim should have executed him for having the temerity to live through getting shot the first time. Can't have it both ways luddy, no matter how hard you try.

You have no idea.
No, I dont, that is correct.

Sad really.

Read my post #10 ^^^

That's my preference.

You hope.
Tasers Are Far From Foolproof, Law Enforcement Expert Says

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police tried to use a Taser on a suspect who went on to attack an off-duty NYPD detective with a meat cleaver near Madison Square Garden this week, but to no avail.

As CBS2’s Dave Carlin reported, this was the second case this week that is now raising questions about the effectiveness of Tasers.

Tasers Are Far From Foolproof, Law Enforcement Expert Says

Sad really.

Read my post #10 ^^^

That's my preference.

A home invader comes into your domicile on Polk St. You successfully neutralize him with your taser. The average police response time in the US in 2016 was about 11 minutes. The recovery time from a taser shock is a few minutes. What are you going to do when he rips the tazer spikes out? What are you going to do for the next 6...10...20 minutes?

No, I didn't think so.

You have no idea.

The air tasers I have are also stun guns and could theoretically take out several - BUT -
===

No, its not hypothetical. It happens all the time. Thing is, the people who think they know everything have never experienced it for themselves. Unless you have killed someone, you really don't know the truth of it. Unless you know me and my experience, you don't have the knowledge or right to criticize me.

So yeah, I ignore most of posturing and empty bragging I see on this board.

Sad really.

Read my post #10 ^^^

That's my preference.

You have no idea.

The air tasers I have are also stun guns and could theoretically take out several - BUT -
===

No, its not hypothetical. It happens all the time. Thing is, the people who think they know everything have never experienced it for themselves. Unless you have killed someone, you really don't know the truth of it. Unless you know me and my experience, you don't have the knowledge or right to criticize me.

Don't personalize it homie. You gotta squeeze a fruit to get the juice ;). You must understand however...there is killing and then there is murder. I have been to war and I have known people who have died in that war. I have never killed anyone that I know of...however...if I had, and I mean this with my entire brain and heart...fuck em.

Killing may be closer to stopping an intruder than you realize. If you just shoot his knee cap, the intruder will likely limp into another home next year. If you kill the intruder, it will also stop him from intruding into more homes and endangering more people.

No, it's a 60 year old civilian model based on the highly flawed M16A1. The ancient AK47 has more value than the AR-15, because at least that doesn't jam or break down in bad weather.

Civilian guns like the AR-15 are not designed to combat a fully armored soldier. It's a good weapon for killing a teenage burglar with a switchblade.

Read my post #10 ^^^

That's my preference.

You have no idea.

===

Don't personalize it homie. You gotta squeeze a fruit to get the juice ;). You must understand however...there is killing and then there is murder. I have been to war and I have known people who have died in that war. I have never killed anyone that I know of...however...if I had, and I mean this with my entire brain and heart...fuck em.

I'm not your homie.

It IS personal and it obvious that I "understand" this better than you do. If you had ever killed someone, you would know just how personal it really is as well as the difference between more than just two kinds of killing you mention.

Its also very easy to say "fuck them" - right up until its you doing the killing.

Honestly, I wish all the Mighty Mouse types could know how this changes your life. Maybe they would be a little less anxious to look for people to kill and guns to do it with.

No, it's a 60 year old civilian model based on the highly flawed M16A1. The ancient AK47 has more value than the AR-15, because at least that doesn't jam or break down in bad weather.

Civilian guns like the AR-15 are not designed to combat a fully armored soldier. It's a good weapon for killing a teenage burglar with a switchblade.
Negative. Do you know how much drywall a 7.63x39 round goes through as opposed to a frangible 5.56 round? Think about it, your kids are in the other room and you are throwing rounds. An AK round will pierce small trees.

That's my preference.

You have no idea.

===

I'm not your homie.

It IS personal and it obvious that I "understand" this better than you do. If you had ever killed someone, you would know just how personal it really is as well as the difference between more than just two kinds of killing you mention.

Its also very easy to say "fuck them" - right up until its you doing the killing.

Honestly, I wish all the Mighty Mouse types could know how this changes your life. Maybe they would be a little less anxious to look for people to kill and guns to do it with.

No, it is all about perspective. Those people who killed those members whom i knew would and could have just as easily killed me if they had chosen the correct location and time. If I would have killed them would i have felt guilt or remorse? No...unequivocally...No.

Killing may be closer to stopping an intruder than you realize. If you just shoot his knee cap, the intruder will likely limp into another home next year. If you kill the intruder, it will also stop him from intruding into more homes and endangering more people.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Hit a guy in the kneecap and he ain't "limping" anywhere. After kneecapping him, and after he is released from the hospital, and he is then tried and convicted and spends a few years in prison, he might mend his ways. If he doesn't, and he does indeed invade the next persons home, they are free to shoot him again.

Sad really.

Read my post #10 ^^^

Three for three isn't incompetent. Three for three is better than 90% of the police personnel can do.

Yep. How often do we read that highly trained cops fire a gazillion rounds but get only a fraction of hits.

Just another reason why civilians should be trained and yet more and more places across the country are letting people hide guns in their pocket while not requiring training.

Yes...because the democrats ruined "Rights" for everyone when they decided to use Poll Taxes and Literacy tests to keep blacks from exercising their Right to vote.....so if you require training, you can increase the requirement to the point that very few people can actually get and pass the training...thereby banning guns by the back door......training requirements are used in Europe for the few hunting shotguns they allow people to own...the requirements are so onerous that only the reach can pass them.....

Sorry...your poll tax and literacy test ploy was used before......and found unConstitutional....

Negative. Do you know how much drywall a 7.63x39 round goes through as opposed to a frangible 5.56 round? Think about it, your kids are in the other room and you are throwing rounds. An AK round will pierce small trees.

That's my preference.

You have no idea.

===

I'm not your homie.

No, it is all about perspective. Those people who killed those members whom i knew would and could have just as easily killed me if they had chosen the correct location and time. If I would have killed them would i have felt guilt or remorse? No...unequivocally...No.

If that's true, you're just as empty and ruined as your posts indicate you are. I'm sorry for you and I will do all I can to avoid people like you, fight against you taking my country and more than anything else I will fight becoming like you.

2aguy This goes for you too.

No one has to go through life the way gun nutters choose. It really is a choice. I choose mental health. In spite of my experience with this issue, I choose not to let it own me. I hope you're able to find a way to do the same.

===

I'm not your homie.

If that's true, you're just as empty and ruined as your posts indicate you are. I'm sorry for you and I will do all I can to avoid people like you, fight against you taking my country and more than anything else I will fight becoming like you.

No one has to go through life the way gun nutters choose. It really is a choice. I choose mental health. In spite of my experience with this issue, I choose not to let it own me. I hope you're able to find a way to do the same.

Aww..do you pity me? Well that's nice however it is indicative of your kind. Just because you have turned in your twig and berries for a coin slot doesn't mean the rest of us have.
You can fight all you like. However, just like Herpes...I never go away. I look forward to future chats. I am sure they will be explosive.

You couldn't be more wrong. Amazing how little you progressives know about guns.

DTOM.jpg

===

I'm not your homie.

Nice hissy fit.

To each their own in their own way.

Clearly the AR-15 .223 got the job done with three home invaders neutralized

You couldn't be more wrong. Amazing how little you progressives know about guns.

Put forward an argument, chump.

Defend how a 60 year old civilian firearm compares to a modernized military service rifle

Forum List

Back