Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Enjoy your audit for speaking out against the government

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • I got free stuff, so yeah, it's a free country

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
Sounds like "Progressives" are either terrified of Freedom or have no idea what it means

On the individual level, liberty is scary. I can fail, I can be hurt, it is unpredictable. It's just easier to let someone take the reins and make life smooth sailing.

Now couple that thought process with people who think the individual is too stupid or dangerous to be allowed liberty and who do anything for power...

Sounds like "Progressives" are either terrified of Freedom or have no idea what it means

On the individual level, liberty is scary. I can fail, I can be hurt, it is unpredictable. It's just easier to let someone take the reins and make life smooth sailing.

Now couple that thought process with people who think the individual is too stupid or dangerous to be allowed liberty and who do anything for power...

WE identify these ratfuckers...root them out...It's an insult. Would YOU or anyone with people as this under your employ allow such?

They'd be gone from my employ in two seconds.

Fom. ree? The people who live behind bars on their windows and doors, who can't go out after dark aren't exactly free. Business people aren't free to do business as they choose. The country is under constant surveillance. That's not freedom. We have hate crimes and hush crimes.

This country is less free today than at any time in our history.

Fom. ree? The people who live behind bars on their windows and doors, who can't go out after dark aren't exactly free. Business people aren't free to do business as they choose. The country is under constant surveillance. That's not freedom. We have hate crimes and hush crimes.

This country is less free today than at any time in our history.

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.

Free compared to what? Free compared to Darfur or North Korea? Yes.
Free compared to Finland, Sweden or the Netherlands? We are on equal par but they have a higher standard of living.

Within our own country we are freer now than in the 19th century because we allowed slavery of blacks, women were not allowed to own property or vote and we had no child labor laws. So kids, women and blacks were not free then but they are now with the abolishment of slavery, the enforcement of child labor laws and women's rights. So as a nation are freer now than in previous times.

Been to Sweden have we?

Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, the U.K., France, Japan, Peru, Chile, Canada and the Baja in Mexico to name a few.

And if you ask THOSE people in those countries above if they think America is free they would qualify their answer by saying that we are shackled by our health care system because they do not lose their home in the event of a catastrophic illness or have to file bankruptcy.

Freedom is a relative term depending on what you have or don't have as infrastructure within your society.

Freedom is NOT relative. That is how the left twists meanings to make them fit whatever they want them to. What is relative is the amount of freedom that you feel happiest living under. There are those that prefer the government to live their lives for them and prefer despotic governments. Then there are those that prefer more free governments.

Freedom is NOT relative.

I know a way for you rw'ers/lolibertarians to get back your beloved for-profit/death panel corps running HC: :up: Try winning an election ;) :rofl:

Is America Still a "Free Country"

What a ridiculous question.

Not only is America a free country, but all Americans enjoy greater freedom today than at any time in this great Nation’s history.

There’s more work to do, of course, as we strive to overcome the fear and ignorance of conservative reactionaries; but the best America is yet to come.

Gay Americans are at last realizing most of their freedoms, save that of equal access to marriage law – but that will come in time as well.

And transgender Americans are starting their struggle to realize their right to individual liberty.

But as American society continues to grow more diverse and inclusive, every citizen will at last enjoy the freedom and liberty that are indeed his civil rights.

At the moment that I am forced to pay taxes that are spent to support one that is taking benefit via welfare, I am no longer free.
When my tax dollars are extracted from me then spent on one that does not contribute I have become a slave to the government. It is not my responsibility to pay for the feeding, housing or medical insurance of one that fails to provide for them self. Slavery is the act of forcing one person to provide for the needs of another. That is exactly what is happening to me. My civil rights are being taken by those that demand that I provide for those that fail to provide for themselves.

You are a slave then to private insurance and hospitals when people use the er and dont pay.

Or you know your not a slave and you can shut up.

Liberals prefer to have a master to take care of them.
They teach it in Gubmint schools...GOVERNMENT is all powerful...and you OWE your lives to it...

but didnt everyone put their hand over their heart and pledge [AL]Liege to the Sovereign?

LIEGE, a. [L. ligo, to bind; Gr. to bind, to bend; a withe.]

1. Bound by a feudal tenure; obliged to be faithful and loyal to a superior, as a vassal liege-man

LIE'GE-MAN, n. A vassal; a subject.

everyone swore an oath to the kings flag.

Last edited:

Poll to follow

Where do Rights come from?
Who has the Power to effect them, rightly or wrongly?

To paraphrase George Carlin...

There are no "rights".

There are the privilages that society agrees you should have, even if begrudgingly.

It can't be a right if it can be taken away. Anyone who thinks he has rights needs to look up "Japanese Americans- 1942."

What a ridiculous question.

Not only is America a free country, but all Americans enjoy greater freedom today than at any time in this great Nation’s history.

There’s more work to do, of course, as we strive to overcome the fear and ignorance of conservative reactionaries; but the best America is yet to come.

Gay Americans are at last realizing most of their freedoms, save that of equal access to marriage law – but that will come in time as well.

And transgender Americans are starting their struggle to realize their right to individual liberty.

But as American society continues to grow more diverse and inclusive, every citizen will at last enjoy the freedom and liberty that are indeed his civil rights.

At the moment that I am forced to pay taxes that are spent to support one that is taking benefit via welfare, I am no longer free.
When my tax dollars are extracted from me then spent on one that does not contribute I have become a slave to the government. It is not my responsibility to pay for the feeding, housing or medical insurance of one that fails to provide for them self. Slavery is the act of forcing one person to provide for the needs of another. That is exactly what is happening to me. My civil rights are being taken by those that demand that I provide for those that fail to provide for themselves.

You are a slave then to private insurance and hospitals when people use the er and dont pay.

Or you know your not a slave and you can shut up.

You are a slave then to private insurance

thanks to obamacare

Hell yea we are more "free" thanks to the Internet. I mean look at the freedom of the ignorant Republicans on this message board who are free to spout their hatred and non sense 27/7/365. No one is trying to shut them down.

Repubs are free to make shit up and free to lie and free to disregard fact. Free to stand their ground and free to buy their guns and ammo. Get "free" medical care at the emergency room. Free food from the church/food bank.

How much more freedom do you rethugs require.

Free compared to what? Free compared to Darfur or North Korea? Yes.
Free compared to Finland, Sweden or the Netherlands? We are on equal par but they have a higher standard of living.

Within our own country we are freer now than in the 19th century because we allowed slavery of blacks, women were not allowed to own property or vote and we had no child labor laws. So kids, women and blacks were not free then but they are now with the abolishment of slavery, the enforcement of child labor laws and women's rights. So as a nation are freer now than in previous times.

Jimmy Carter is a democrat and he has stated quite clearly that we no longer have a functioning democracy. But he's just the little old man with the big enough balls to call bullshit on this whole affair. What other living ex-pres has the stones to do that. And if you disagree with JC on that, well then your just fucking wrong.
Only ONE problem with this? WE aren't a Democracy...we are a Constitutional Republic, and Democracy portends 'mob rule'. Change that word Mr. Carter...and I am onboard.

Of course your technically right, and he would agree with you. I'd say he's just talking the people's language, after all, most people believe we are a democracy and are peddling it in the ME and around the world, even our current president refers to it as such. Can we say that with the evolving concentration of power to the executive branch, that what JC's saying is our system is dysfunctional?

Poll to follow

Where do Rights come from?
Who has the Power to effect them, rightly or wrongly?

To paraphrase George Carlin...

There are no "rights".

There are the privilages that society agrees you should have, even if begrudgingly.

It can't be a right if it can be taken away. Anyone who thinks he has rights needs to look up "Japanese Americans- 1942."

We have a Second Amendment to guard against your Nazi ideology

WE aren't a Democracy...we are a Constitutional Republic, and Democracy portends 'mob rule'. Change that word Mr. Carter...and I am onboard.

sire you are you get to choose which ruler you want for 8 years, and congress always makes a democratic vote on everything so they are a mini democracy.

what more could you want?

Forum List

Back