Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Enjoy your audit for speaking out against the government

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • I got free stuff, so yeah, it's a free country

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
Free compared to what? Free compared to Darfur or North Korea? Yes.
Free compared to Finland, Sweden or the Netherlands? We are on equal par but they have a higher standard of living.

Within our own country we are freer now than in the 19th century because we allowed slavery of blacks, women were not allowed to own property or vote and we had no child labor laws. So kids, women and blacks were not free then but they are now with the abolishment of slavery, the enforcement of child labor laws and women's rights. So as a nation are freer now than in previous times.

Last edited:
Is America Still a "Free Country"

Poll to follow

Where do Rights come from?
Who has the Power to effect them, rightly or wrongly?

"...that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed— That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,"

Right don't come from government

is america still a "free country"

poll to follow

where do rights come from?
Who has the power to effect them, rightly or wrongly?

"...that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. — that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed— that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government,"

right don't come from government

absolutely correct.

What a ridiculous question.

Not only is America a free country, but all Americans enjoy greater freedom today than at any time in this great Nation’s history.

There’s more work to do, of course, as we strive to overcome the fear and ignorance of conservative reactionaries; but the best America is yet to come.

Gay Americans are at last realizing most of their freedoms, save that of equal access to marriage law – but that will come in time as well.

And transgender Americans are starting their struggle to realize their right to individual liberty.

But as American society continues to grow more diverse and inclusive, every citizen will at last enjoy the freedom and liberty that are indeed his civil rights.

If you think that allowing for-profit biz & foreign lobbies calling the shots= free, then yeah.

more drama from USMB's eXtreme right :rolleyes: Is this because of Obamneycare PASSED 3+ YEARS AGO Frank?

Repubs are bought -and-paid-for just like their controlled opposition Frank. OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

Last edited:

Gay Americans are at last realizing most of their freedoms, save that of equal access to marriage law – but that will come in time as well.

That is true. The problem is that now government bureaucrats want to fuck all of us in the ass.

We are going to shut them down.

where do rights come from?
Who has the power to effect them, rightly or wrongly?

"...that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. — that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed— that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government,"

absolutely correct.

Nice!

However show me one court case that did not require government permission for any right claimed!

Not only is America a free country, but all Americans enjoy greater freedom today than at any time in this great Nation’s history.

There’s more work to do, of course, as we strive to overcome the fear and ignorance of conservative reactionaries; but the best America is yet to come.

And transgender Americans are starting their struggle to realize their right to individual liberty.

But as American society continues to grow more diverse and inclusive, every citizen will at last enjoy the freedom and liberty that are indeed his civil rights.

Not free enough to not have to buy things Obama tells you to buy.
Not free enough to not have to pay for Obama wars.
Not free enough to not pay taxes like 47% of other people.
Not free enough to have privacy from Obama NAS.
Not free enough to not possibly be assassinated because Obama thinks you're dangerous.
Not free enough to collect the SS that will be gone despite me paying into it.

really the list of un-freedoms goes on and on. Bush to Obama, Dem to Republicans... More regulations today than last week and the year before that and the year before that. No, we are not even close to free.

If you think that allowing for-profit biz & foreign lobbies calling the shots= free, then yeah.

more drama from USMB's eXtreme right :rolleyes: Is this because of Obamneycare PASSED 3+ YEARS AGO Frank?

Repubs are bought -and-paid-for just like their controlled opposition Frank. OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

They don't call the shots.... In fact I'm wondering if you can put into words how they would be calling the shots. When you get to the part where Government plays a role in your answer, stfu and realize how out of touch you are.

At the moment that I am forced to pay taxes that are spent to support one that is taking benefit via welfare, I am no longer free.
When my tax dollars are extracted from me then spent on one that does not contribute I have become a slave to the government. It is not my responsibility to pay for the feeding, housing or medical insurance of one that fails to provide for them self. Slavery is the act of forcing one person to provide for the needs of another. That is exactly what is happening to me. My civil rights are being taken by those that demand that I provide for those that fail to provide for themselves.

absolutely correct.

Nice!

However show me one court case that did not require government permission for any right claimed!

There are many.

But I get your drift.

Government supremacist scumbags continue to be nominated to SCOTUS.

At the moment that I am forced to pay taxes that are spent to support one that is taking benefit via welfare, I am no longer free.
When my tax dollars are extracted from me then spent on one that does not contribute I have become a slave to the government. It is not my responsibility to pay for the feeding, housing or medical insurance of one that fails to provide for them self. Slavery is the act of forcing one person to provide for the needs of another. That is exactly what is happening to me. My civil rights are being taken by those that demand that I provide for those that fail to provide for themselves.

Indeed. Welcome to the New Slavery.

Free compared to what? Free compared to Darfur or North Korea? Yes.
Free compared to Finland, Sweden or the Netherlands? We are on equal par but they have a higher standard of living.

Within our own country we are freer now than in the 19th century because we allowed slavery of blacks, women were not allowed to own property or vote and we had no child labor laws. So kids, women and blacks were not free then but they are now with the abolishment of slavery, the enforcement of child labor laws and women's rights. So as a nation are freer now than in previous times.

Been to Sweden have we?

Forum List

Back