Is a college degree worth it?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
You’ll be blown away to learn who’s asking the question!

A college professor for 25 years.

He talks about how much it costs to get a degree. Between $60 and $200k. I think that’s an underestimate and doesn’t count all the professional students who spend decades getting their doctorates.

A graduate can make good money in STEM, particularly in engineering. But fewer students major in science than other areas.

If someone took the cost of four years of college–and that assumes students finish in that time–and invested the money into the stock market or a house, the estimated $20,000-a-year gap between the salary of a high school grad and a college grad shrinks considerably.

Moreover, there are a lot of jobs where high school grads can make a lot of money.

It’s something I’ve frequently posted about and it surprises me to see it coming from a professor.

More
@ Is a college degree worth it?

You will not be considered for the higher income positions without it. A degree of worth opens doors.

A degree in Gender Politics won't cut it. If you're stuck with no decent job and debt for a high priced degree, it's likely your own fault.

I know that a good plumber, electrician, or heating and air guy can make bank if they are good at their trade and willing to put in the work.

You will not be considered for the higher income positions without it. A degree of worth opens doors.

A degree in Gender Politics won't cut it. If you're stuck with no decent job and debt for a high priced degree, it's likely your own fault.

Entry-level management positions come to mind, as do STEM based manufacturing jobs and senior law enforcement careers. Without the "golden ticket" one can likely forget it. However, the IT fields can hold promise for the talented coder/network guru without a complex degree.

Without a degree one might have to start off making a pathetic wage of something less than 20 bucks an hour for some loser company. No way to find happiness. Get a degree in a desired field and use your talent against your employer to keep rising.

If someone took the cost of four years of college–and that assumes students finish in that time–and invested the money into the stock market or a house, the estimated $20,000-a-year gap between the salary of a high school grad and a college grad shrinks considerably

Why aren’t more HS graduates wealthy?

When everybody goes to college illegal immigrant plumbers will get rich fixing their toilets.

The leading cause of mortality among liberal arts grads will be electrocution while changing light bulbs to replace them with "socially responsible" Light Emitting Diodes.

I know that a good plumber, electrician, or heating and air guy can make bank if they are good at their trade and willing to put in the work.
They'll make a lot more money if they live in an area with a lot of college graduates. Since those graduates make more money.

They'll make a lot more money if they live in an area with a lot of college graduates. Since those graduates make more money.
Bullshit. I was bangin a grand a day for 6 hours work repairing guns at a shop in Miami.
I gave that up for 25 grand a week landscaping WalMarts and Homeless Depots .Winn Dick-see for you retards to shop in( My company---all illegals worked for me--$100 a day cash. 6 hours or 12. Move faster).
OH. I dropped out of HS in 10th grade and retired at 44....sorta. I still have a few businesses.
I go over and have a look once in a while.
My favorite is my bed and breakfast. Stupid asses on vacation putting everything on a 20% plus Visa credit card. I just grin and nod.
Fools

Bullshit. I was bangin a grand a day for 6 hours work repairing guns at a shop in Miami.
I gave that up for 25 grand a week landscaping WalMarts and Homeless Depots .Winn Dick-see for you retards to shop in( My company---all illegals worked for me--$100 a day cash. 6 hours or 12. Move faster).
OH. I dropped out of HS in 10th grade and retired at 44....sorta. I still have a few businesses.
My favorite is my bed and breakfast. Stupid asses on vacation putting everything on a 20% plus Visa credit card. I just grin and nod.
Fools
^ either a liar or proof money doesn't buy you happiness or make you smarter

quote-christ-seven-years-of-college-down-the-drain-john-belushi-58-19-18.jpg

Fools
^ either a liar or proof money doesn't buy you happiness or make you smarter
Shouldn't you be in bed now ?

45 years in the workforce is a long time

Even a small advantage in salary for college educated workers will eventually pay off

The career opportunities for those with just a HS education are very limited. Yes, we all know a guy who never went to college and made a lot of money

We also know a lot of guys who never went to college and didn’t succeed in life

Forum List

Back