Is 50% of 58% a "Mandate?

You have no sensible questions.

Taxation by We the People is not theft. Only an anarchist trying to hide as a libertarian would think so.

No one is going to tax 100% of me.

This is not a question of degree, LL, but of kind.

You don't or won't understand, Mr. Anarchist.

I think not... Obama has no mandate for shit. I say the Republicans should fight Obama on every issue where he robs us of our liberties. Once we lose them it's almost impossible to get them back

Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”

Benjamin Franklin

I'm sure you, AM radio band demagogues, Fox News, et al would wish for that. But the folks who actually know anything about Poli-Sci simply laugh at mandate v. merely winning, in this case, decisively.

The climate Boehner is now facing, is a razor thin lead in the House, and all-time low approval of Congress, the stink of which, Boehner knows, rubs off on him and the GOP caucus, since they're "in-charge." (in quotes, since not really)

And if Boehner lets us fall over the so-called Fiscal Cliff, the American People will, by and large, blame him and the GOP, making 2014 a potential GOP blood-letting. So he'll talk tough in interviews, but play ball behind the scenes.

I know it. Boehner knows it. The Obama Admin knows it. And I think ya'll do, too, since you're squirming around hoping for "NO MANDATE!"

But we know different, in terms of which side now runs the show. Sucks to lose; sorry about that; but ya'll went so friggin' loopy-right, you deserve the loss. Average Americans are simply not that extreme.

Last edited:
Im guessing the House of Representatives might take issue with that mindless sentiment.........

Just a gut feeling...........

Sigh.

This is what will happen. Obama will make his case. The House will say "no new taxes".

Obama will let the Bush tax cuts expire.

The next day the Democratic minority leader in the House and the Majority leader in the Senate will introduce legislation to cut taxes for those making less than $250,000 a year.

What will happen next?

and? if they didn't vote, they don't get a say. :cuckoo:

Obama has no mandate sorry he got 9 million fewer votes than he did last time voter suppression is no mandate

And yet-----and yet, Barack Obama got more votes than any other presidential candidate in America
history-------------twice!

Another Republican that can't do arithmetic-----whoda thunk? 69,456,897 votes minus 62,610,717 votes isn't even close to equaling 9 million votes -pewsh!-

Mandate-shmandate when "we the people" reelected President Obama, "we the people" gave the president a ton-o-political capital and-----and when taken in combination with the Republicans stupidly signing off on sequestration, the Republicans are left with virtually no leverage to stop Obama from getting the Bush tax screw up rewritten the way he chooses.

Fang: "Republicans need to remember that we voted them a majority in the House. They have a mandate also."

Mandate in the House? Fang must be trying to pull our leg or something -- Democrats received more votes in the 2012 House elections from "we the people" than Republicans did. Claiming a mandate when you received fewer votes is stinkin' thinkin', if you ask me.

When Republicans claim that this was a status quo election, they point to their continued hold on the House. The 2012 congressional vote, some say, didn't undo the party's 2010 successes.

True enough, but that's not because Americans didn't vote to undo them. It's because Republicans have so gerrymandered congressional districts in states where they controlled redistricting the past two years that they were able to elude a popular vote that went the Democrats' way last week.

As The Washington Post's Aaron Blake reported, Democrats narrowly outpolled Republicans in the total number of votes cast for congressional candidates. The margin varies depending on whether you count the races in which candidates ran unopposed and those in which members of the same party faced off (as happened in several California districts). But any way you count it, the Democrats came out ahead -- in everything but the number of House seats they won.

<snip>

It's crazy how people refer to the taking of others private property as "government revenue"

You know you're fucked when most citizens refer to tax cuts (aka keeping their own money) as spending.

The concept of property only exists because you have a government to back up your claims.

The wealthy benefit more from the status quo than most of us do, so they need to quit their bitchin' and pony up.

I think not... Obama has no mandate for shit. I say the Republicans should fight Obama on every issue where he robs us of our liberties. Once we lose them it's almost impossible to get them back

Benjamin Franklin

I'm sure you, AM radio band demagogues, Fox News, et al would wish for that. But the folks who actually know anything about Poli-Sci simply laugh at mandate v. merely winning, in this case, decisively.

The climate Boehner is now facing, is a razor thin lead in the House, and all-time low approval of Congress, the stink of which, Boehner knows, rubs off on him and the GOP caucus, since they're "in-charge." (in quotes, since not really)

And if Boehner lets us fall over the so-called Fiscal Cliff, the American People will, by and large, blame him and the GOP, making 2014 a potential GOP blood-letting. So he'll talk tough in interviews, but play ball behind the scenes.

I know it. Boehner knows it. The Obama Admin knows it. And I think ya'll do, too, since you're squirming around hoping for "NO MANDATE!"

But we know different, in terms of which side now runs the show. Sucks to lose; sorry about that; but ya'll went so friggin' loopy-right, you deserve the loss. Average Americans are simply not that extreme.

Who's the new appeaser? Get lost, we have a country to save not a political party

You want to save the country so you sink the party with your nuttiness in an election we should have won hands down.

Benjamin Franklin

Come on if average americans are Girls gone wild,undereducated African& Spanish Americans that barely speak english and are only voteing to aquire things they do not have to work for then keeping people dumb through poor education systems is working for the Unionized school system.

It is a sad day in any Nation when the leader is chosen because of his race and star pover, very sad indeed. (dems better start looking for another Black guy now because as they say once you go black???

Is 50% of 58% a "Mandate?

Benjamin Franklin

In the 2010 midterms the GOP captured 51.4 % of the popular vote for the House but got about 20,000,000 less votes than Obama did in 2012.

Was that a mandate?

Forum List

Back