IRS seizes funds of law abiding citizens

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
IRS seizes hundreds of perfectly legal bank accounts refuses to give money back RT USA

That's right. Banks are now spying for the government. If you have large deposits under 10,000, the IRS will seize that money and not give it back. They claim it is done to thwart illegal activity. I guess the thinking is that if you have that much money, you can't possibly be making it legally in this pitiful economy.

Of course, with the IRS targeting conservatives with impunity, who gives a damn?

Not to worry though, I'm sure that the IRS will do a swell job running our health care.

Not surprising in this Police State. The IRS should be abolished. But first, they should arrest all of this President's criminal cronies. We need to simplify our Tax Structure and and get rid of the IRS as we currently know it. It's become a criminal gang. No better than the Mafia.

this is horrible... what can we do about it? How can we get congress to change the law back to what it was before 2000?

this is horrible... what can we do about it? How can we get congress to change the law back to what it was before 2000?

It was all about 'Drug Money.' But for me, i'm ok with the Drugs. They should decriminalize most of em. I'm much more disturbed by what the IRS has become. It's just a Gestapo now. They should arrest all of this President's criminal cronies, simplify our Tax Structure, and then abolish the current IRS as we know it. It's time to disband this Gestapo.

It was all about 'Drug Money.' But for me, i'm ok with the Drugs. They should decriminalize most of em. I'm much more disturbed by what the IRS has become. It's just a Gestapo now. They should arrest all of this President's criminal cronies, simplify our Tax Structure, and then abolish the current IRS as we know it. It's time to disband this Gestapo.
IT HAS NOTHING to do with Obama Pauli, the irs is doing what the law that was changed by Congress in 2000, says to do. CONGRESS has to change the law. READ the full article in the op.

IT HAS NOTHING to do with Obama Pauli, the irs is doing what the law that was changed by Congress in 2000, says to do. CONGRESS has to change the law. READ the full article in the op.

This President has abused his power in an unprecedented fashion. He's consistently used his IRS Henchmen to target Filmmakers, Journalists, and political rivals. He should have been Impeached. But i do hear ya on the law. I think it was all about 'Drug Money.' So let's decriminalize most of em and then disband this Gestapo.

So much for "innocent until proven guilty". So much for the V, VI, VII and VIII amendments.

This President has abused his power in an unprecedented fashion. He's consistently used his IRS Henchmen to target Filmmakers, Journalists, and political rivals. He should have been Impeached. But i do hear ya on the law. I think it was all about 'Drug Money.' So let's decriminalize most of em and then disband this Gestapo.
ahhhhhh, but where would the CIA and FBI etc.... get their 'dark money' to spend on covert operations that they don't want congress or 'we the people' to know about....??? ;)

It'd be one thing if they had iron clad proof it was drug money,but this appears to be out right theft.

The guy in the OP article indicated he was doing it to evade taxes. Kind of hard to call yourself a victim because you got busted by the IRS evading taxes in my mind.

It'd be one thing if they had iron clad proof it was drug money,but this appears to be out right theft.

You might take note of the fact that the IRS is simply following the law passed with a wide margin by a republican house and senate back in 2000. Again the right wing is trying to blame someone else for something they did. In this case the IRS is being blamed. If you don't like the IRS obeying the laws given to them by the GOP, then tell the GOP to quit writing stupid laws.

The guy in the OP article indicated he was doing it to evade taxes. Kind of hard to call yourself a victim because you got busted by the IRS evading taxes in my mind.
it was a woman in the article and NO she did NOT say it was to avoid taxes, it was to avoid extra paperwork/scrutiny..... unless you are talking about someone else in the article that I missed?

Decriminalize most Drugs. And then go after the real criminals. The IRS is just another criminal gang. No different than the Mafia.

IRS seizes hundreds of perfectly legal bank accounts refuses to give money back RT USA

That's right. Banks are now spying for the government. If you have large deposits under 10,000, the IRS will seize that money and not give it back. They claim it is done to thwart illegal activity. I guess the thinking is that if you have that much money, you can't possibly be making it legally in this pitiful economy.

Of course, with the IRS targeting conservatives with impunity, who gives a damn?

Not to worry though, I'm sure that the IRS will do a swell job running our health care.

legal authority for civil forfeiture:

Internal Revenue Manual - 9.7.2 Civil Seizure and Forfeiture

an action for forfeiture has to be commenced for the money to be held permanently.

or do you not understand that there are court actions that go along with this type of in rem action?

The IRS is a criminal gang, no different than any other gang. It extorts by way of intimidation and force. The only way to get it under control is to drastically change our system of Taxation. Simplify it and then abolish the IRS as we currently know it.

How many of the 700,000 reported yearly were?

Doesn't matter. The "700.000" reported had all of a couple hundred actually seized.

it was a woman in the article and NO she did NOT say it was to avoid taxes, it was to avoid extra paperwork/scrutiny..... unless you are talking about someone else in the article that I missed?

The man talking about trying to give his daughter money for college while avoiding taxes

How many of the 700,000 reported yearly were?

Doesn't matter. The "700.000" reported had all of a couple hundred actually seized.

Yeah...but the average was 34,000...

Forum List

Back