Iran Has Seized 2 UK Oil Tankers

Live updates: Iran says it has captured a British oil tanker - CNN

The seizure of two ships was clearly a preplanned and coordinated Iranian operation, the US military believes. Both tankers were boarded by IRGC and taken into Iranian waters, about a half hour apart.

I wonder what Iran is hoping to achieve.

Getting their own tanker, captured by the Brits, probably at the behest of the Americans, released. Is that difficult to figure out?
Link?

Have you been in a coma for a month?
I actually have been in the hospital, yes.

Link?

Sorry you’ve been in the hospital. Hope you are doing better.

I don’t know what Iran’s strategy is, but they’re setting themselves up for an ass kicking.

23 hostages......Websites tracking the ship's path show it turning sharply in the direction of Iran's Qeshm Island, instead of its intended destination of Saudi Arabia.

UK-flagged tanker seized by Iran's Revolutionary Guard in Strait of Hormuz

Act of War.
UK seized one of Iran's a couple weeks ago for violations. It's tit for tat.

the UK had a legal reason to do so, and the backing of the rest of the EU.

Who's backing Iran on this one?
Nonsense!

Well done, Iran! Show those shitheads that they are not above international law.

Thank you.

It appears your tit-for-tat theory holds water.

You're welcome.

That goes way, way beyond tit-for-tat. Apart from getting their own tanker freed, it's the demonstration by the weaker part it cannot be pushed around, and will exact a price in case anyone tries. That's kind of showing that they don't just possess a deterrent but are fully prepared actually to use it. That has a variety off effects, ranging from a warning to the U.S. to proving, domestically, they stand up to the mindless bully - incidentally, that's what every population expects from their government, no?

Well, they shot down one of our drones, and yesterday, we downed one of theirs.

Today? Iran is now taking British tankers hostage.

Wonder how long it is until a battle breaks out?

Notice...they didn't take an American ship hostage........

The seizure of two ships was clearly a preplanned and coordinated Iranian operation, the US military believes. Both tankers were boarded by IRGC and taken into Iranian waters, about a half hour apart.

In talks with the democrat party, they came up with this strategy to try to get Trump into a war with Iran to aid the democrats winning in 2020......

Thank you.

You're welcome.

That goes way, way beyond tit-for-tat. Apart from getting their own tanker freed, it's the demonstration by the weaker part it cannot be pushed around, and will exact a price in case anyone tries. That's kind of showing that they don't just possess a deterrent but are fully prepared actually to use it. That has a variety off effects, ranging from a warning to the U.S. to proving, domestically, they stand up to the mindless bully - incidentally, that's what every population expects from their government, no?

They're WEAKER, Olde; maybe not a great career move to mess with the Nuclear Armed Poms. Their attempt to get the BP tanker was an amazing show of fly swatting.

Greg

Thank you.

You're welcome.

No. We expect that from the mad mullahs!!! You are NOT unbiased; anything anti-USA and you're in it!!

Greg

Getting their own tanker, captured by the Brits, probably at the behest of the Americans, released. Is that difficult to figure out?
Link?

Link?

We have seen it before, its obvious what they are doing. We have sanctioned them to death, cut the Iran deal up, and are forcing them to make a move. We are egging them on.

We have seen it before, its obvious what they are doing. We have sanctioned them to death, cut the Iran deal up, and are forcing them to make a move. We are egging them on.
Sounds like third grade....Jimmy made me do it!

Your sophisticated grade school logic is so convincing and reasonable.

Sounds like third grade....Jimmy made me do it!

Your sophisticated grade school logic is so convincing and reasonable.

Seen it many times. I suggest you are much younger than I am and do not know how the USA military works or Israel for that matter.

They are hoping Dems will impeach President Trump. His sanctions are hurting them. They want another Obama who flies pallets of cash to them.

23 hostages......Websites tracking the ship's path show it turning sharply in the direction of Iran's Qeshm Island, instead of its intended destination of Saudi Arabia.

UK-flagged tanker seized by Iran's Revolutionary Guard in Strait of Hormuz

Act of War.
UK seized one of Iran's a couple weeks ago for violations. It's tit for tat.

the UK had a legal reason to do so, and the backing of the rest of the EU.

Who's backing Iran on this one?
Nonsense!

Well done, Iran! Show those shitheads that they are not above international law.
So the EU is violating international law?

What happened to the Iran deal that was working? Now that Trump scrapped the deal, he gets to provoke iran into war to get the rest of the oil. Which has been Trump's plan the whole time. I wonder how many US service people will die this time at the feet of Oligarch's and their thickening wallets?

Link?

Link?
Wait... are you the idiot I was called to watch last week? The idiot who threatened some nurses after being brought in by the cops?

Forum List

Back