Iran Has Seized 2 UK Oil Tankers

Confirmed: they've taken a second Brit-flagged tanker....an hour after the first one.

Well, they shot down one of our drones, and yesterday, we downed one of theirs.

Today? Iran is now taking British tankers hostage.

Wonder how long it is until a battle breaks out?
I'm watching the crude oil spot price. It has not moved yet.

Live updates: Iran says it has captured a British oil tanker - CNN

The seizure of two ships was clearly a preplanned and coordinated Iranian operation, the US military believes. Both tankers were boarded by IRGC and taken into Iranian waters, about a half hour apart.

I wonder what Iran is hoping to achieve.

Getting their own tanker, captured by the Brits, probably at the behest of the Americans, released. Is that difficult to figure out?
Link?

Have you been in a coma for a month?

Omar has claimed that the trouble in SOMALIA is really the result of
USA intervention in OTHER PEOPLE's BUSINESS

[
23 hostages......Websites tracking the ship's path show it turning sharply in the direction of Iran's Qeshm Island, instead of its intended destination of Saudi Arabia.

UK-flagged tanker seized by Iran's Revolutionary Guard in Strait of Hormuz

trump's on it, he sent out another tweet about Representative Omar.

thanks for the INSIGHT-------now lets wait for the next round of-------USA IS WAR MONGERS-----ZIONISM DID IT

The second crew and ship will be sent to a different location making extraction twice as difficult.....I wonder what the EU reaction will be since the Brits are exiting the EU...probably nothing.

Live updates: Iran says it has captured a British oil tanker - CNN

The seizure of two ships was clearly a preplanned and coordinated Iranian operation, the US military believes. Both tankers were boarded by IRGC and taken into Iranian waters, about a half hour apart.

I wonder what Iran is hoping to achieve.

Getting their own tanker, captured by the Brits, probably at the behest of the Americans, released. Is that difficult to figure out?
Link?

Have you been in a coma for a month?
I actually have been in the hospital, yes.

Link?

Iran Says It Seized Foreign Tanker, Escalating Regional Tensions

The Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps of Iran has detained a foreign oil tanker it said had been smuggling fuel, Iranian news media reported on Thursday, days after a United Arab Emirates vessel with the same name disappeared in the Persian Gulf.

<snip>

The tanker and its nationality were not identified. But an account published by PressTV, an official English-language Iranian website, included a video clip it said had been provided by the Revolutionary Guards showing the vessel’s name on its stern as the Riah. That is the name of the Emirati ship, incommunicado since late Saturday while it had been traveling in the Persian Gulf.

In its statement, the Revolutionary Guards denied Western news accounts that its forces had inexplicably seized a tanker, instead portraying the impoundment as an anti-smuggling operation.

Ah. From two weeks ago, precisely when I was in hospital: Gibraltar Seizes Syria-Bound Tanker Thought to Be Carrying Iranian Oil

The British marines and the port authorities in Gibraltar on Thursday detained a supertanker that was carrying crude oil from Iran to Syria, a violation of European Union sanctions against Syria. The seizure of the ship threatened to raise tensions between Iran and the West.

Spain said the vessel had been detained at the request of the United States, and Iran summoned the British ambassador over what a Foreign Ministry spokesman called an “illegal” seizure.

The Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman, Seyed Abbas Mousavi, confirmed on Thursday that the detained ship, the Grace 1, was carrying crude oil from Iran, according to Iran’s official Islamic Republic News Agency.

Although President Trump has imposed sanctions to choke off Iran’s exports of oil and petrochemical products, the British and Gibraltar authorities cited not those sanctions but the European Union ones against sanctions on Syria as the reason for detaining the tanker.

Forum List

Back