Iran Has Seized 2 UK Oil Tankers

Anybody not familiar with the Brit SAS should know they are the UK version of Navy S.E.A.Ls. We ran into the Aussie version on occasion on patrol in the RVN. Meticulous, by-the-book. They never got ambushed....of course they never got anywhere since they moved so slow, but that was a different environment. In a word, they are treacherous fighters...Iran will rue the day they fucked with the Brits.

23 hostages......Websites tracking the ship's path show it turning sharply in the direction of Iran's Qeshm Island, instead of its intended destination of Saudi Arabia.

UK-flagged tanker seized by Iran's Revolutionary Guard in Strait of Hormuz

Act of War.
UK seized one of Iran's a couple weeks ago for violations. It's tit for tat.

you got a link?
It's in the one in the OP

oh ------well Britain did not BREXIT yet and there IS an embargo on
supplies to Syria-----what sort of excuse would Iran have for stopping
a British ship in the strait of Hormuz?

Following the story now.
Iran has been acting really shitty lately.

I get the feeling they want a conflict. They've been pushing for it too hard.

Something's sketchy

they want some sort of response -----a little one that will be kinda controversial in
the civilized world------and create polarization amongst US. What would happen
if the US took an action against Iran because of some shitty little British privately owned tanker? ---who knows-----there may be a distant relative of Trump in
the company that owns the tanker. ----or something-----anything -----a little
thing to cause little quarrels

23 hostages......Websites tracking the ship's path show it turning sharply in the direction of Iran's Qeshm Island, instead of its intended destination of Saudi Arabia.

UK-flagged tanker seized by Iran's Revolutionary Guard in Strait of Hormuz

Act of War.

you got a link?

There IS an embargo on supplies to Syria? Why? Did Iran agree to that? They aren't part of the EU, are they? Or are they? Seems strange if they are.

Act of War.

you got a link?

There IS an embargo on supplies to Syria? Why? Did Iran agree to that? They aren't part of the EU, are they? Or are they? Seems strange if they are.

yes---as far as I know-----by the EU. Iran need not agree.

This tanker.

I believe it to be Swedish owned.

the one the Iranians took?

I was just reading about it.
British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said he is concerned by the seizure of two ships by Iranian authorities in the Strait of Hormuz, and the U.K. is attempting to resolve the situation in Tehran and with international partners.

“I’m extremely concerned by the seizure of two naval vessels by Iranian authorities in the Strait of Hormuz,” said Hunt.
“I will shortly attend a COBR meeting to review what we know and what we can do to swiftly secure the release of the two vessels — a British-flagged vessel and a Liberian-flagged vessel.”

The Iranian Revolutionary Guard earlier said it seized British tanker, Stena Impero, after it failed to follow international maritime regulations. It took the ship it to a coastal area to be turned over to maritime authorities, according to Iran State TV.

Reuters reported that a second British-operated tanker had also taken a sharp northerly turn and was heading toward Iran after passing through the Strait of Hormuz into the Gulf. Reuters said the source on the movement of Liberian flagged tanker Mesdar was Refinitiv data.

British foreign minister 'extremely concerned' by Iran's seizure of two tankers in the Strait of Hormuz

I just hope this doesn't turn into a hostage situation. Taking two ships sounds like they mean to stir up some trouble.

Live updates: Iran says it has captured a British oil tanker - CNN

The seizure of two ships was clearly a preplanned and coordinated Iranian operation, the US military believes. Both tankers were boarded by IRGC and taken into Iranian waters, about a half hour apart.

I wonder what Iran is hoping to achieve.

Getting their own tanker, captured by the Brits, probably at the behest of the Americans, released. Is that difficult to figure out?

Also, demonstrating that they are no push-over.

Also, demonstrating that the Brits and the Americans still have that darned propensity recklessly to jump to action without considering that those on the receiving end might actually, you know, react to it. Imperial hybris, that is, this Texas-sized monument to stupidity.

The seizure of two ships was clearly a preplanned and coordinated Iranian operation, the US military believes. Both tankers were boarded by IRGC and taken into Iranian waters, about a half hour apart.

Getting their own tanker, captured by the Brits, probably at the behest of the Americans, released. Is that difficult to figure out?
Link?

Link?
<<<< kings county psychiatric ward for the criminally insane

I just hope this doesn't turn into a hostage situation. Taking two ships sounds like they mean to stir up some trouble.

Of course it's a hostage situation....watch them start hanging the sailors if the EU doesn't start buying oil from them again. They held our embassy people hostage for two years until Reagan took office...they knew better than to mess with him. They're spoiling for a fight hoping they can sink one of our carriers and drown 6,000 Americans and they'll take massive punishment to do it. If they've grabbed a second tanker today, they'll get their wish.

Well, they shot down one of our drones, and yesterday, we downed one of theirs.

Today? Iran is now taking British tankers hostage.

Wonder how long it is until a battle breaks out?

Looks like Iran is making good use of those billions Obama sent them on pallets

Forum List

Back