Into the Badlands, Season 2 premiere tonight!

Gun control? Your gripe with the show is gun control? :rofl:
No, moron.

The show is a giant anti-gun control pr campaign.

I like the show even more because of that.
You're crazy :) . You have no idea why there are no guns yet.Watch the show.

Doesn't mean guns won't show up. But I would rather they don't because the martial arts are absolutely fucking outstanding!

Except when Nick Frost's character is involved. Then it tends to just be dumb. :lol:

I like Nick Frost, I'm a fan of his work with Simon Pegg, but I don't think his character works very well the way they do it in Into the Badlands. I wish he had been a badass when he was younger, but no longer, rather than having his chubby ass depicted as still being a superior fighter. :D
The average person in the world is not going to be able to fight like Baji.

He was trained by the master(with the Widow) for years.

I'm aware of the story behind Baji's character on the show. I simply don't like having someone with Frost's physique portrayed as still being a master martial artist. It doesn't help when you see the occasional scene with a body double clearly wearing a padded outfit. :p
He has more of a drunken fist, kind of clumsy fighting style.

I think it is still more believable than a worthless punk like MK doing damage to anyone.

ptbw, you seem to have some serious issues about the show, and it seems to piss you off.

Can you explain what makes you feel that way? And then we can address it.

It seems that you really like the show, because you have apparently watched it all.

Let's discuss your feelings

How do you feel about MK becoming possibly more powerful than Sunny?

Do you think Sunny has the darkness in him, and will overcome MK?

And how do they beat the Pilgrim, if he can turn their powers off?

And when will the 2nd half of season 3 start?!?!?!?!?!?!@?!?

I just found out that the final 8 episodes of Season 3, will be the final episodes. That's why it has taken so long for the 2nd half of season 3 to come out. They had to rewrite it, so that everything comes to an end in 8 more episodes! Next season was supposed to be 20 episodes! So sad to see such a great show leave the air, because of lack of ratings. So highly rated, such a great fan base, but not enough people tuned in I guess for such an expensive show....

In my opinion, this is the best show on TV. Period. Preacher is 2nd, and probably fated to the same demise.

2nd half of Into the Badlands should start on 3/24, supposedly... I hope they don't rush all the world-answers too badly. There's so much left to learn in 8 more episodes...

My regrets are with you, fellow ITB fans!

I'm so friggin pissed. It's like the Firefly of our generation.... though 3 seaons

Last edited:
Maybe there'll be a movie? Like Firefly with Serenity?

I'll watch that! :) Into the badlands, the movie!

This show will turn into a cult classic. Guaranteed. People will be clamoring for more!

As long as they don't totally fuck up the last 8 episodes! :)

For those not familiar, Seasons 1 and 2 are available on Netflix.

I promise you, it's worth the watch.

I'm so friggin pissed. It's like the Firefly of our generation.... though 3 seaons

How is it like Firefly?
It's a fan favorite show that gets cancelled because of low ratings. Firefly was awesome. ITB is even better. Maybe they'll have a movie after, like Serenity.

It's the Firefly of this generation. You gotta watch. If enough people did, then it would be a different discussion. It got put in a bad time slot, after TWD. Preacher has the same fate... great show, bad time slot....

You finish watching walking dead, it's 10pm. On Sunday. Then the Talking Dead comes on after. Then Into the Badlands, and Preacher in the off-season, comes on. Who's gonna stay up till midnight besides me?

How is it like Firefly?
It's a fan favorite show that gets cancelled because of low ratings. Firefly was awesome. ITB is even better. Maybe they'll have a movie after, like Serenity.

It's the Firefly of this generation. You gotta watch. If enough people did, then it would be a different discussion. It got put in a bad time slot, after TWD. Preacher has the same fate... great show, bad time slot....

I'm a fan of Into the Badlands, but I think your comparison to Firefly is off.

Firefly suffered from horrible promotion, episodes being aired out of order, and was basically screwed over by the network before it had a chance. ITB hasn't had that sort of treatment.

Shows get cancelled because of low ratings all the time. If that was all that happened to Firefly, it would be different, but Firefly had other things going against it.

Further, ITB and Preacher are both niche kind of shows. While the success of The Walking Dead shows that what might normally be a niche show with a small audience can enjoy wide success, that is the exception, not the rule. A post apocalyptic martial arts show getting 3 seasons sounds like a success to me, as it isn't a premise or style that is likely to have a wide audience.

ITB is not "the Firefly of this generation." There is actually very little similarity between the shows. I wish ITB hadn't been cancelled and I am a fan of both shows, but the circumstances around them were very different.

ITB is beautiful to watch. Any scene can be paused at any moment, and makes a great background.

The cinematography is beyond belief, on a tv show. The action sequences are unbelievable.

For it to only last 3 seasons, is a testament of stupidity.

I understand it takes a lot of money to make each show. This show is worth it.

I also hope Preacher doesn't come to the same end.

Great show! 3 seasons. But it's gonna get more expensive soon, per episode.

I love firefly. It was so sad to see it end after one season. And you're right! Firefly suffered from promotion and production issues. Serenity made up for it though.

What a great show firefly was//// At first I didn't like it. But it grew on me. I've probably watched it 5 times over. :)

But I personally think ITB is even better. Wow... what a show...

i also always tell my friends about Firefly. I do the same with ITB. I've got several people hooked on both shows, even though they never heard about it before, and Preacher too! :) That's a really good show!

Shite! :)

Final episodes of ITB startt tonight. Ep 9 and 10 are Sunday and Monday.

So depressing to see such a good show end before it's time, but also so exciting to see what's gonna happen in 8 more episodes to end the story!

Forum List

Back