Into the Badlands, Season 2 premiere tonight!

I usually don't care for martial arts shows or films.
I got hooked on this show however.
I still want to know more about the end of our civilization leading to the one depicted in show.
It is simple.

They outlawed guns worldwide because of catastrophic wars, which caused people to turn to swords, which caused people to become masters of weapons like swords and unarmed combat, which caused people to hire sellswords to protect them and their belongings.
Obviously you haven't been watching through season 3... Probably still on season 1. Right?

This is a huge world they are building. Jus sayin....

I still want to know more about the end of our civilization leading to the one depicted in show.
It is simple.

They outlawed guns worldwide because of catastrophic wars, which caused people to turn to swords, which caused people to become masters of weapons like swords and unarmed combat, which caused people to hire sellswords to protect them and their belongings.
Obviously you haven't been watching through season 3... Probably still on season 1. Right?

The entire world is built upon gun control and the destruction brought by it. Watch Season 1 again. Season 3 is almost entirely located in the Badlands again. Same with the majority of season 2.

The "Badlands" is just where all the best fighters are located, while the rest of the world are just people who have given up and have resigned themselves to just let stronger people take advantage of them.

Close, but it's good shit, right?

Is it the fact that there are no guns that upsets you?

I mean, I'd rather see this....

Than this....

Because one is not real, and one is.

Last edited:
It is simple.

The entire world is built upon gun control and the destruction brought by it. Watch Season 1 again. Season 3 is almost entirely located in the Badlands again. Same with the majority of season 2.

The "Badlands" is just where all the best fighters are located, while the rest of the world are just people who have given up and have resigned themselves to just let stronger people take advantage of them.

Gun control? Your gripe with the show is gun control? :rofl:

It is simple.

No, moron.

The show is a giant anti-gun control pr campaign.

I like the show even more because of that.

It is simple.

No, moron.

That you read gun control into the show in any way is funny. :lol:

It is simple.

No, moron.

That you don’t understand the opening monologue by Sunny himself in episode 1 is the truly funny part. You literally don’t understand anything about the world of the show.

Why do think the guy was firing a crossbow with poison arrows into the alley instead of a sniper rifle?

Why doesn’t someone blow Pilgrim’s head off with a shotgun?

The answer is that guns are literally banned from sales and manufacturing throughout the world in the show, and now people don’t understand how to make them, and can barely use motorized vehicles.

The brutality and insanity in the show was all caused by a world wide gun ban.

No, moron.

That you don’t understand the opening monologue by Sunny himself in episode 1 is the truly funny part. You literally don’t understand anything about the world of the show.

Why do think the guy was firing a crossbow with poison arrows into the alley instead of a sniper rifle?

The answer is that guns are literally banned from sales and manufacturing throughout the world in the show, and now people don’t understand how to make them, and can barely use motorized vehicles.

The opening monologue in episode 1 isn't by Sunny, it's by M.K. And it doesn't say that the world was ruined by a ban on guns. The world was ruined by wars. "The wars were so long ago no one even remembers. Darkness and fear ruled until the time of the barons: 7 men and women who forged order out of chaos. People flocked to them for protection. That protection became servitude. They banished guns and trained armies of lethal fighters they called clippers. This world is built on blood. Nobody is innocent here. Welcome to the Badlands."

So the world was almost destroyed by wars. Everything was terrible until the barons came and forced order on people. Then guns were banned.

You are really looking at this through a strange set of biased lenses. I would guess that the idea to keep guns out of the show was so there was a reason people were running around engaging in hand to hand combat. "Let's make a post-apocalyptic martial arts TV show!" "OK, but why wouldn't the people in it just get shot?" "Well...let's have guns banned and the people not have the capacity to manufacture them!" That seems a lot more likely than making a post-apocalyptic martial arts TV show which is really about a hidden message that banning guns is bad, despite the description of the world saying that guns weren't bad until long after the world went bad. :lol:

No, moron.

The opening monologue in episode 1 isn't by Sunny, it's by M.K. And it doesn't say that the world was ruined by a ban on guns. The world was ruined by wars. "The wars were so long ago no one even remembers. Darkness and fear ruled until the time of the barons: 7 men and women who forged order out of chaos. People flocked to them for protection. That protection became servitude. They banished guns and trained armies of lethal fighters they called clippers. This world is built on blood. Nobody is innocent here. Welcome to the Badlands."

So the world was almost destroyed by wars. Everything was terrible until the barons came and forced order on people. Then guns were banned.

You are really looking at this through a strange set of biased lenses. I would guess that the idea to keep guns out of the show was so there was a reason people were running around engaging in hand to hand combat. "Let's make a post-apocalyptic martial arts TV show!" "OK, but why wouldn't the people in it just get shot?" "Well...let's have guns banned and the people not have the capacity to manufacture them!" That seems a lot more likely than making a post-apocalyptic martial arts TV show which is really about a hidden message that banning guns is bad, despite the description of the world saying that guns weren't bad until long after the world went bad. :lol:
Perpetual war between soldiers is far better than fearing for your life and your family's lives every day as a slave with no rights. Everyone with a functioning brain understands that the Barons are nothing but greedy and evil individuals who took advantage of desperate people to create hell on earth. M.K is nothing but a moron. Sunny is the real main character who knows how terrible Barons and their lifestyle is.

The idiot liberals who write these shows try to make it appeal to their kin with their tired anti-war postulating, but Sunny's POV makes it obvious that war is vastly more preferable to having your eye balls cut out for a minor infraction, or being simply mowed down by a regent or Baron of an opposing faction because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and you didn't spend years of your already short life to train with weapons extensively.

No, moron.

Perpetual war between soldiers is far better than fearing for your life and your family's lives every day as a slave with no rights. Everyone with a functioning brain understands that the Barons are nothing but greedy and evil individuals who took advantage of desperate people to create hell on earth. M.K is nothing but a moron. Sunny is the real main character who knows how terrible Barons and their lifestyle is.

The idiot liberals who write these shows try to make it appeal to their kin with their tired anti-war postulating, but Sunny's POV makes it obvious that war is vastly more preferable to having your eye balls cut out for a minor infraction, or being simply mowed down by a regent or Baron of an opposing faction because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and you didn't spend years of your already short life to train with weapons extensively.

It wasn't war followed by the barons. It was war (so long ago no one even remembers), followed by darkness and fear, followed by the barons.

Yes, the barons are tyrannical bastards. You seem to be missing that the show's premise is that the world was chaotic crap before the barons. Look at the areas they have shown outside of the Badlands. Life isn't all too good out there, either.

None of that changes the fact that, based on the opening of the very first episode, the horrors of the world were not caused by a ban on guns. This is a fantastical post-apocalyptic martial arts show, and the way you read into it with gun control remains hilarious. ;)

It is simple.

No, moron.

You're crazy :) . You have no idea why there are no guns yet.Watch the show.

Doesn't mean guns won't show up. But I would rather they don't because the martial arts are absolutely fucking outstanding!

No, moron.

You haven't been watching stuff.... You're just perpetuating your political BS. And dude, that will not work here. Watch the show, please.

This thread is not about you.

Season 3 is building up the world, way more than the 1st 2 seasons. Everything is starting to come together.

It may take more seasons, but you need to watch more than season 1 to make political commentary on the show. But please don't start on season 3. 1 and 2 are necessary to understand the dynamics of what's gonna happen.

This is one of the most complex shows on TV. Believe it or not! I'd love to talk about it with people who are interested in the show. :)

It is simple.

No, moron.

Doesn't mean guns won't show up. But I would rather they don't because the martial arts are absolutely fucking outstanding!

Except when Nick Frost's character is involved. Then it tends to just be dumb. :lol:

I like Nick Frost, I'm a fan of his work with Simon Pegg, but I don't think his character works very well the way they do it in Into the Badlands. I wish he had been a badass when he was younger, but no longer, rather than having his chubby ass depicted as still being a superior fighter. :D

No, moron.

Except when Nick Frost's character is involved. Then it tends to just be dumb. :lol:

I like Nick Frost, I'm a fan of his work with Simon Pegg, but I don't think his character works very well the way they do it in Into the Badlands. I wish he had been a badass when he was younger, but no longer, rather than having his chubby ass depicted as still being a superior fighter. :D

Baji is starting to piss me off too. You have to watch through to current to understand. I don't wanna give spoilers. But I loved him up until this last episode, Suddenly bitching and crying about Azra, out of the blue, did not make sense to me. We'll see what happens :)

No, moron.

You haven't been watching stuff.... You're just perpetuating your political BS. And dude, that will not work here. Watch the show, please.

This thread is not about you.
I have watched every episode......

No, moron.

The average person in the world is not going to be able to fight like Baji.

He was trained by the master(with the Widow) for years.

No, moron.

The average person in the world is not going to be able to fight like Baji.

He was trained by the master(with the Widow) for years.

I'm aware of the story behind Baji's character on the show. I simply don't like having someone with Frost's physique portrayed as still being a master martial artist. It doesn't help when you see the occasional scene with a body double clearly wearing a padded outfit. :p

It is simple.

No, moron.

Guns aren't going to show up, moron.

They wouldn't be using bows if they had guns. Bows are absolutely useless compared to guns(unless you live in the world of Walking Dead).

YOU need to watch the show and pay attention to all the needless situations that occur because these people don't have guns. A gun could STILL kill Pilgrim right now, even with the gift. These people blocking and destroying arrows fired from a bow would be dead the instant bullets start flying around.

Forum List

Back