Intelligent brainstorm...Please do not participate if you have a low I.Q.

Since this is not the first time I have seen this given as a reason I will just state for some people money is not an ends in itself but a guage of accomplishment. Therefore there is no such thing as enough money.

You might want more money if you're a billionaire, but you sure as fuck aren't going to kill 3000 Americans to get it. The risk isn't any where close to being worth the reward.

So you believe a small team of first-timers pulled this off?

They weren't first timers.
They were experienced attackers with hundreds of suicide missions behind them.
Several have commented on their suicide attacks on 9/11 because they're still alive.

Let's have an intelligent brainstorm on why a government would fake an attack on its own citizens. Not much unlike Germany did to its own building just before WWII.

Details matter.

What government, what fake attack?

Expecting us to come up with a motive for an event we don't know anything about by a government we don't know anything about isn't going to lead us to anything like an "intelligent brainstorm".

Since this is not the first time I have seen this given as a reason I will just state for some people money is not an ends in itself but a guage of accomplishment. Therefore there is no such thing as enough money.

You might want more money if you're a billionaire, but you sure as fuck aren't going to kill 3000 Americans to get it. The risk isn't any where close to being worth the reward.

I do. It's not real difficult a thing to mastermind, when you don't allow for your own escape in the plan. It's easy to rob a bank... It's an entirely different thing to get away with it.

Why a government would fake an attack on its own citizens.
Could be several reasons.....
Alliances with other nations to put a bigger power consolidation play in motion.
Implement laws that put more control over it citizens under the guise of security.
Drive up the profits of the military suppliers for payback on campaign donations.

1) What power play and why would Bush even care?
2) How would bush benefit from those laws? He's sitting at home sipping beer right now.
3) "thanks for the donations boys. As a token of gratitude, I'm going to murder 3000 people for you." Seriously?

Bush? who mentioned Bush? The question was "why a government would fake an attack on its own citizens" it was hypothetical.

Let's have an intelligent brainstorm on why a government would fake an attack on its own citizens. Not much unlike Germany did to its own building just before WWII.

wow... i thought you said that you wanted people with high IQ's....

but you're participating. so i guess that shot that idea in the foot.

You could easily tell by his vague use in the OP

why a government would fake an attack on its own citizens aka. Obama's October Surprise?

Hate to tell ya, but 9/11 happened in 2001.

Obama didn't take office until 2008.

Wanna try again Crusty Turd the Skank?

I was wondering about 9/11 until Obama killed bin Laden and made a photo op of it; that convinced me bin Laden was a fiction. If he really was a terrorist mastermind you'd capture him without any big "I killed bin Laden" announcements"

wow... i thought you said that you wanted people with high IQ's....

but you're participating. so i guess that shot that idea in the foot.

To the OP, 50 is "high."

They weren't first timers.
They were experienced attackers with hundreds of suicide missions behind them.
Several have commented on their suicide attacks on 9/11 because they're still alive.

experienced attackers with hundreds of suicide missions behind them?

you realize how stupid that sounds, right?

We should have an intelligent brainstorm about how such a colossal orchestration of events could be carried out with nary a single person flapping their gums about it, anywhere.

Political and/or financial gain.
It could be the government in question was failing in some way and needed to divert attention.
It could be the government was under financial pressure from a given political group or the leader of that group had a vested interest in war for whatever reason.

Lets say a top politician, I'll call him Mr. Tree, had a family investment in a major arms related company, say, the Vanlyle group.

That company would make $ billions if the politician started a war.

Of course, I'm sure that could never happen in a western country.

If the foregoing premise had any truth, then Bush was very early in his (first) administration. The Bush administration had been disallowed the usual transition that admins enjoy from one to another because of the disputed votes in Florida viz the Electoral College. Clinton deprived that transition, ostensibly, because they would've been working against it's successor, a Gore administration. In effect Bush's adminstration was only about 5 months old, way too early to be sufficiently panicked to want to create a distraction of the magnitude of 9-11.

Government employees don't simultaneously come up with the exact same conspiracy and everyone is miraculously on board. It has to start with one person, so who is that person in charge and what was his personal motivation for doing it? If that person is Bush, it can't be for money, because he already has more money than he can ever spend. More money won't change his lifestyle one iota, so there's no reason to risk going to prison for something he doesn't need.

GodDamnedIdiotBoy... Cheney's company Haliburton was near bankruptcy just before the invasion of Afgahnistan. From what I can tell by my research Cheney went from a 20 million dollar retirement package in 1999 to a net worth today of 90 million. War has been good to Dick.

We should have an intelligent brainstorm about how such a colossal orchestration of events could be carried out with nary a single person flapping their gums about it, anywhere.

I fully agree however how about our stealth aircraft? How many people were needed to work on our latest aircraft which is still kept secret?

I fully agree however how about our stealth aircraft? How many people were needed to work on our latest aircraft which is still kept secret?

Pssst...hey emptystep...c'mere I wanna let you in on something.

They aren't a secret. We all know about them.

Forum List

Back