Innocents Betrayed - The History of Gun Control

Oh, I know I'll never get an intelligent answer to my question.

I personally, only care about back ground checks and requiring someone to hold a license.
For one, I know criminals can get a gun. My brother was shot by a kid who stole his dad's gun.
I also think most gun owners should belong to the NRA.
If you admit that criminals can always get a gun, what positive effect is there in infrigning on the rights of the law abiding?

The less guns there are in a society, the less people (regardless of their classifcation as good guys or bad guys) will get shot with them. Put a gun under the seat of every car on the road and see what the result is.

I personally, only care about back ground checks and requiring someone to hold a license.
For one, I know criminals can get a gun. My brother was shot by a kid who stole his dad's gun.
If you admit that criminals can always get a gun, what positive effect is there in infrigning on the rights of the law abiding?

The less guns there are in a society, the less people (regardless of their classifcation as good guys or bad guys) will get shot with them. Put a gun under the seat of every car on the road and see what the result is.

They kind of did that back in the 1970's in Florida. There was a rash of violent rapes so the local police got a bunch of women together and trained them how to shoot and then they had the media broadcast that fact. Overall crime dropped, not just rapes.

So I would not be surprised at all. Crime overall will drop. AZ, and Vermont are two states where you can carry a concealed weapon without having to have a permit. Surprisingly enough (well not really) crime hasn't skyrocketed and shootouts in the street seem to not be occuring despite the liberals widespread proclamations that that is exactly what would occur.

Your arguments have been proven false yet again.

True. And the greater the number of people killed with knives, axes, ballbats, etc..
You think that who is getting killed is less important than what weapon is used? Sick.
A firearm may be the only way the small and weak can defend themselves from the big and strong. There are good reasons that firearms were invented.

True. And the greater the number of people killed with knives, axes, ballbats, etc..
You think that who is getting killed is less important than what weapon is used? Sick.
A firearm may be the only way the small and weak can defend themselves from the big and strong. There are good reasons that firearms were invented.

I don't think that who is getting killed is less important than the weapon used. You are the one who introduced that premise, not I.

You failed to address the main point of my post: Put a gun under the seat of every car on the road and see what the result it. The result, of course, will be that more road rage incidents will be resolved by gunshots than before, more people will be wounded and/or killed.

Not good.

There are good reasons why firearms were invented? Why WERE firearms invented, hmmmmm?

I don't think that who is getting killed is less important than the weapon used. You are the one who introduced that premise, not I.

You failed to address the main point of my post: Put a gun under the seat of every car on the road and see what the result it. The result, of course, will be that more road rage incidents will be resolved by gunshots than before, more people will be wounded and/or killed.

Not good.

There are good reasons why firearms were invented? Why WERE firearms invented, hmmmmm?

So George, tell us where that is occuring. AZ and VY have no laws for the carrying of concealed weapons. If you want to do so you may. No permit, no nothing. Where are all the cases of road rage shootouts?:dunno:

Not good.

So George, tell us where that is occuring. AZ and VY have no laws for the carrying of concealed weapons. If you want to do so you may. No permit, no nothing. Where are all the cases of road rage shootouts?:dunno:

It seems reasonable to me to assume that if every car had a gun under the seat, the incidents of road rage shootings would increase. That's all I am saying. We don't have stats on how many guns are in cars in AZ and VY - probably more than prior to the enactment of the laws allowing carrying, but I'll bet there isn't a gun under the seat of every car in those states.

Can you tell me there HAVEN'T BEEN any road rage shootouts in those states and, if there have been, how many?

Look - I'm just arguing something by way of reasonable inference. The position I am taking seems reasonable to me. I could be way off base. I could be spot on. Frankly, I don't feel like taking the time to hunt down statistics on this point, even if any such existed - which I doubt.

Not good.

It seems reasonable to me to assume that if every car had a gun under the seat, the incidents of road rage shootings would increase. That's all I am saying. We don't have stats on how many guns are in cars in AZ and VY - probably more than prior to the enactment of the laws allowing carrying, but I'll bet there isn't a gun under the seat of every car in those states.

Can you tell me there HAVEN'T BEEN any road rage shootouts in those states and, if there have been, how many?

Look - I'm just arguing something by way of reasonable inference. The position I am taking seems reasonable to me. I could be way off base. I could be spot on. Frankly, I don't feel like taking the time to hunt down statistics on this point, even if any such existed - which I doubt.

Reasonable people once thought the world was flat. They were wrong.

Forum List

Back