Innocents Betrayed - The History of Gun Control

But you don't want anyone to be able to defend themselves.

Who the hell are you to make that decision for others?

This is my home. Your opinion of it is utterly meaningless to me.

Deal with it.

No, you're not. You've been programmed to believe it's morally superior to be a victim than to defend yourself.

You are trapped in a dangerous place then. I am at my home also, and have had great homes in my life, and have had the courage to seek them out instead of staying some place familiar.
Trapped? Hardly. I live here because I like it here. I've lived all over the world. Nothing compares to here.

I guess I could move to Europe, but I'm not interested in being emasculated.

You are really an insecure little man.

But you don't want anyone to be able to defend themselves.

Who the hell are you to make that decision for others?

This is my home. Your opinion of it is utterly meaningless to me.

Deal with it.

No, you're not. You've been programmed to believe it's morally superior to be a victim than to defend yourself.

You are trapped in a dangerous place then. I am at my home also, and have had great homes in my life, and have had the courage to seek them out instead of staying some place familiar.
Trapped? Hardly. I live here because I like it here. I've lived all over the world. Nothing compares to here.

You have been programmed to believe that a place where you need handguns to defend your family is the best place to live. Even you should see the stupidity in this.

Tell that to the law abiding citizens of England, when the riots were going on in Aug. of last year and all they had was baseball bats to defend themselves.
Many commented on this forum, how they wish they had never given up their firearms.

YouTube - England Gun Ban Update - YouTube

can you imagine what a horrible scene that would have been if people had handguns?

Stopping people from entering your flat's building does not mean that you shoot them. You stop them by showing your weapon, they are not as bloody likely to come into your building to destroy the property.
Having a weapon deters crime more often without having to shoot someone at all.

Show them your weapon and you might just get your head blown off, especially if you do not know if you can pull the trigger on another human being.

Both sides would have had guns, and it would have been much worse that it was. I live close to England and did not hear one person mention that they would have been safer with guns. No one in my country mentioned it either.

Seriously, what is your problem with handguns?

They have ruined America.

Let's see ,
We have a little over 312 million people in the USA
FBI statistics say that there was 12,996 murders in the US last year.
Of those murders 8,775 were caused by firearms.
I would not call that a ruined America.

Both sides would have had guns, and it would have been much worse that it was. I live close to England and did not hear one person mention that they would have been safer with guns. No one in my country mentioned it either.

Bold statement. And without substantive demonstration.

Is this your typical method? Assert America is ruined, and then blame handguns ... OVER!

WTF is that?

Is this your typical method? Assert America is ruined, and then blame handguns ... OVER!

WTF is that?

I think that America is going down the drain for many reasons. The main one being that with all the problems right now, the two sides cannot put partisanship aside and fix it. There is a divide in American society that has not been seen since the Civil War. People saying that America is the best place in the world to live, but you need to be armed to protect your family is just insane, part of the overall insanity. The country is falling apart literally and figuratively. Fix it, if possible, before you do any more bragging.

They are in the right hands, America is filled with handguns in the wrong hands. You are way too intelligent for such a post. Leave the humor to people who are actually funny.

And yet in States that allow people to defend themselves crime is very low. Thos States and cities that deny the average person the right to defen themselves see much higher rates of crime. I wonder why that is?

Totally untrue....

Actually totally and COMPLETELY true. Take a look at the Uniform Crime Reports some day. North Dakota has the highest levels of private firearms ownership and has the lowest crime rate in the nation. Criminologists have done a COUNTY by COUNTY (of the whole country) survey and have come to the same conclusion.

I will grant you that correlation does not equal causation but the correlation is clear and compelling. You may choose to hold to your beliefs, I certainly don't want you to think I would ever try and control that, but the scientific evidence is very compelling that where firearms are more readily available to the civilian population the crime rates drop.

WTF is that?

I think that America is going down the drain for many reasons. The main one being that with all the problems right now, the two sides cannot put partisanship aside and fix it. There is a divide in American society that has not been seen since the Civil War. People saying that America is the best place in the world to live, but you need to be armed to protect your family is just insane, part of the overall insanity. The country is falling apart literally and figuratively. Fix it, if possible, before you do any more bragging.
So, your point is that your strawman assertion is the reason America is ruined.

Those of you who want to live in a country where you feel the need to own a handgun to be safe, I pity you.

Tell that to the law abiding citizens of England, when the riots were going on in Aug. of last year and all they had was baseball bats to defend themselves.
Many commented on this forum, how they wish they had never given up their firearms.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz-P0blGbB0]YouTube - England Gun Ban Update - YouTube[/ame]

can you imagine what a horrible scene that would have been if people had handguns?

Oh yes it would have been terrible, guns leaping into peoples hands gunning them all down. Just horrible.

How horrible that people could have defended themselves.

No, being killed is morally superior.

Wolves don't fight wolves. People who are armed are wolves. When one group decides to attack another who do you think they will choose to attack. Those who can defend themselves, or those who can't?

It's not a trick question.

Do you live where there is wild animals that can kill you?
How many mountain lions do you have, how many moose, how many bears , how many rattlesnakes, gators.
Anyone of them could potentially get rabies, who would protect your family. Animal control? No, you have to do it, they can't get there in time.
We had to kill two rattlesnakes, one rabid skunk and one rabid mountain lion in the 25 years we have lived here. One of us would have been dead if we did not have our firearms.

You are really an insecure little man.
Not at all. I don't let emotion run my life -- as I said, I'm not a leftist.

You have been programmed to believe that a place where you need handguns to defend your family is the best place to live. Even you should see the stupidity in this.
A leftist robot such as yourself has no business lecturing others on programming. :lol:

It may come as a shock to your stereotype-driven non-thinking, but I don't own a handgun. My 15-year-old daughter got a Marlin .22 rifle for Christmas. Not a very impressive home defense weapon.

Now, if where I live is so dangerous, and I've been programmed that I need a handgun to be safe, why don't I own one?

Meanwhile, I notice you haven't denied feeling that being robbed, raped, and/or murdered is morally superior to defending yourself.

Stopping people from entering your flat's building does not mean that you shoot them. You stop them by showing your weapon, they are not as bloody likely to come into your building to destroy the property.
Having a weapon deters crime more often without having to shoot someone at all.

Show them your weapon and you might just get your head blown off, especially if you do not know if you can pull the trigger on another human being.
Don't show them a weapon at all and you're guaranteed to get your head blown off.

WTF is that?

More lectures from someone without the horsepower to back it up.

Have you seen Europe lately? It's a shithole. Fix it before you start telling anyone else how to live their lives.

Do you live where there is wild animals that can kill you?
How many mountain lions do you have, how many moose, how many bears , how many rattlesnakes, gators.
Anyone of them could potentially get rabies, who would protect your family. Animal control? No, you have to do it, they can't get there in time.
We had to kill two rattlesnakes, one rabid skunk and one rabid mountain lion in the 25 years we have lived here. One of us would have been dead if we did not have our firearms.

But that would have been morally superior.

Right, Nukes?

How horrible that people could have defended themselves.

No, being killed is morally superior.

Wolves don't fight wolves. People who are armed are wolves. When one group decides to attack another who do you think they will choose to attack. Those who can defend themselves, or those who can't?

It's not a trick question.

They will not know one group from another unless people are waving guns around, and then it would result in a shootout. When riots are going on, common sense does not prevail. You have obviously never been in a riot.

WTF is that?

More lectures from someone without the horsepower to back it up.

Have you seen Europe lately? It's a shithole. Fix it before you start telling anyone else how to live their lives.

When was the last time you spent any amount of time in Europe?

Forum List

Back