Initial jobless claims increase unexpectedly

Umm One example would be amnisty for Verizon and ATT for illegal release of domestic call records.

But I was thinking more along the line of the repatrization of corporate funds in foreign banks as a tax dodge.

What is illegal about releasing call records? Third party information is not protected information requiring a warrant.

Lower taxes = no need for tax dodge = more wealthy in the United states = more tax revenue = more jobs

I read that, looks like it was written by a group of corporations. Cut our taxes and regulations and trust us to make plenty of jobs.
Yeah right, heard that before.

Course you have. Because its what people who understand the natural laws of economics would do to create jobs. It works every time its tried.

there are no natural laws of economics.

When has truely free trade ever been tried?

There are no natural laws of economics?

Wow... So I guess there really are no economics because economics is the study of the natural laws of economies.

Here is a Link to a Republican Plan.
Makes sense to Me.

GOP No Cost Jobs Letter and Plan Presented to President Obama

there's some decent ideas there. there's some traps as well. not that such letters are offered with any more expectation for compliance as a state of the union address.

i would like a payroll tax holiday, but a short-term gimme wouldn't really result in hiring. more likely, as they put it, 'relief'.

the best bit is cutting amortization schedules... although not just for real estate. someone's been lobbied.

i wonder how that georgia works bit works? i think states should adopt that by themselves without coercion, but im curious what and to whom the employer pays for the workers. they've always been fond of slavery down in those parts, that idea shaves real close to that old scar.

personally, i think the best bet is to pass a new hire tax credit xx% of wages capped at $5-6k. simple as that.

Umm One example would be amnisty for Verizon and ATT for illegal release of domestic call records.

But I was thinking more along the line of the repatrization of corporate funds in foreign banks as a tax dodge.

What is illegal about releasing call records? Third party information is not protected information requiring a warrant.

Lower taxes = no need for tax dodge = more wealthy in the United states = more tax revenue = more jobs

Never worked in Telecom I see.
Call records are protected by federal law.
And will get your ass fired in a heartbeat for releasing them without a warrant.

I know I have performed call traces and LD call records searches. However they cannot be given out without a specific warrant.

Last edited:
Getting back to the OP:

Why should we trust Obama's economic forecasts when continuing high unemployment is constantly "unexpected"?

call records were supposed to be released only upon receipt of a warrant. i really wish you knew what you were talking about.

I read that, looks like it was written by a group of corporations. Cut our taxes and regulations and trust us to make plenty of jobs.
Yeah right, heard that before.

Course you have. Because its what people who understand the natural laws of economics would do to create jobs. It works every time its tried.

:eusa_hand: you didnt read it, did you? ...or anything on the (in)effectiveness of supply-side economics on employment.

Getting back to the OP:

Why should we trust Obama's economic forecasts when continuing high unemployment is constantly "unexpected"?

the rate and quantity of new claims is declining, bo. i know it makes you feel grrreat that our economy is struggling, no doubt the i hope he fails mentality, but when the rate of decline adjusts unexpectedly, these independent sources admit it. these are the same sources that make the good employment reports when the economy was fanciful back in 2005. they're the same sources that had to admit an unexpected decline in new claims in their last report.

just an observation. you can go back to pointing out anything that could possibly be construed as negative now.

It doesn't make me feel great to see the economy struggle. We should be in significant recovery mode right now, instead, 15M people remain unemployed, 44% of them for over 6 months. This is a tragedy - which our government is making worse by fettering the economy with more taxes, regulation, and expanded bureaucracy. Increasing the government from 20% to 30% of GDP is a job killer, as we see in high relief every day.

It's funny when you look at the Dow Jones. When Bush took office, it was at 11,722, shortly after he left office, it dropped to 6,500. Currently, it hovers at just under 11,000.

In spite of the 2.5 trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich, all the de-regulation at OSHA and the EPA, the economy still tanked. Isn't that strange? All the Republican policies of less government and reduced taxes and none of their failed polices worked. Yet, they are so blinded by ideology, they believe those failed policies still might work. I truly believe that many Republicans are touched with a mild form of insanity. What other possible explanation could there be?

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5EDJI#chart1:symbol=^dji;range=1d;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't make me feel great to see the economy struggle. We should be in significant recovery mode right now, instead, 15M people remain unemployed, 44% of them for over 6 months. This is a tragedy - which our government is making worse by fettering the economy with more taxes, regulation, and expanded bureaucracy. Increasing the government from 20% to 30% of GDP is a job killer, as we see in high relief every day.
what is the basis for your ideas as to where we should be? dont you see how that puts you in the realm of the economists making expectations?

you've got to realize that the private GDP shrunk as a % of the whole right? the idea of a recession? what role do you think government expansion plays in killing jobs? certainly reducing government jobs and contracts would have the opposite effect. there is a whole school of thought adherent to increasing public economic input to displace the recession of private investment. job saver? it has been for me.

Last edited:
Getting back to the OP:

Yeah we could go back to when Bush and his supporters were saying ther economy was great and a jobless recovery was a good thing.

Want to tell me again how we 'turned the corner' and that Barry was not lying his balls off when he said that?

Initial jobless claims increase unexpectedly - Yahoo! Finance

Every month its a new excuse, it was a 'holiday', it was 'the weather' or some other far fetched reason.
Everyone who knows how the numbers are calculated said the numbers would go up as those who were no longer counted among the job force reentered the market to begin looking for work.

Is there a Republican plan for job creation?

Probablly not.

Plans are not the answer.

Americans got themselves in this mess, let Americans get themselves out of it.

None of us want to fail. So we wont.

Probelm is, many of us refuse to bear the pain of the issues we created for ourselves. They want releif.

I say, deal with the pain and Keep government and their "I know what is best" attitudes out of it

Republican policies got us into this mess.

Keynesianism got us into this mess

fyi.

SS accounts for 4.4% of GDP in 2008 and Medicare 3.2% of GDP.
Take them away and there is an immediate drop of 7.6% in the GDP.

Not counting Medicaid, etc....
Virtually every dime of those programs are spent in the USA providing jobs and sales of US products.

Please explain what product SS and Medicare produce.
Consumers

there are no natural laws of economics.

When has truely free trade ever been tried?

There are no natural laws of economics?

Wow... So I guess there really are no economics because economics is the study of the natural laws of economies.
:eusa_eh:

S: (n) economics, economic science, political economy (the branch of social science that deals with the production and distribution and consumption of goods and services and their management)

Where does it say anything about 'natural laws'?

You realize that their are different kinds of economic systems, right?

Never worked in Telecom I see.
Call records are protected by federal law.
And will get your ass fired in a heartbeat for releasing them without a warrant.

I know I have performed call traces and LD call records searches. However they cannot be given out without a specific warrant.
SCOTUS has ruled that while the contents of the discussion are protected, a list of the numbers dialed is not.

☭proletarian☭;2190646 said:
fyi.

SS accounts for 4.4% of GDP in 2008 and Medicare 3.2% of GDP.
Take them away and there is an immediate drop of 7.6% in the GDP.

Not counting Medicaid, etc....
Virtually every dime of those programs are spent in the USA providing jobs and sales of US products.

Please explain what product SS and Medicare produce.
Consumers

Adding to the cost on the price tag. :lol::lol: :lol:

☭proletarian☭;2190639 said:
Want to tell me again how we 'turned the corner' and that Barry was not lying his balls off when he said that?

Initial jobless claims increase unexpectedly - Yahoo! Finance

Every month its a new excuse, it was a 'holiday', it was 'the weather' or some other far fetched reason.
Everyone who knows how the numbers are calculated said the numbers would go up as those who were no longer counted among the job force reentered the market to begin looking for work.

What is with this "Everyone Knows" shit. Speak for Yourself, rather than attempt the manipulation of Others, through propaganda, Comrade.

Forum List

Back