Initial jobless claims increase unexpectedly

I like you too Jarhead. An yes health is an issue. But thankfully for not too much longer.

But anyway, my point is that regardless of a "Product" being produced or not, the govt money spent on various welfare types of programs and SS does have a BIG impact on our consumer spending based economy. Govt spending accounts either directly or indireclty for about 1/3 of our jobs in the USA.

Ending or reducing these programs without alternative cash flow systems in place would be pretty devastating to our economy.

A real sucky catch 22 but there it is.

Maybe so , But the gov't cannot be in the business of providing jobs for every american. That is a private sector responsibility. Gov't needs to remove itself from the situation and let the small companies have the ability to produce and hire.

Maybe so , But the gov't cannot be in the business of providing jobs for every american. That is a private sector responsibility. Gov't needs to remove itself from the situation and let the small companies have the ability to produce and hire.

Ohh I do not disagree with that in principle, however the devil is in the details of implementation.
The cry of just cut govt spending is a pipe dream in the short term. And I doubt that we as a nation have the fortitude and long enough vision to change things untill it all falls apart.

We are where we are. We spent a long time getting here. And there is NO quick fix.

Last edited:
No there isn't but you have to start somewhere. And why not now in 2010. No longer let this Gov't continue to do what it has done. Hold these Politicians responsible for their actions. If they are not the actions of the people, vote them out and put someone else in.

Please explain what product SS and Medicare produce.

You name it the SS recipients spend their money on everything from food, rent, energy, etc. And without Medicare dollars how many Doctors and hospitals woudl go broke?
Drug suppliers, etc.

We are a consumer based economy.
You are not thinking deep enough, look beyond the surface.
In one way or another our govt spending accounts for around 30% of the jobs in this country.

SS is not government spending.

It is consumers spending money that was theirs but once held by the government.

You need to look beyond the surface. If the governement did not have it to give the people, the people would have it to spend themselves anyway.

That money came from the employers.

Your logic is flawed. SS spends more than it brings in. That is more than what You and your employer contributed. It was a scam on tax payers from the start, hoping that you would die before you collected. It was bad math from the start that is perpetually built upon.

I'd like to know what's unexpected about the jobless rate going up?

I certainly expected it.
As did almost every thinking human on the planet.

We used to have lots of good paying jobs, in labor intensive industries, that ordinary people could do.

Now we don't. It's not much more complicated than that.

That's what happens when you force big companies out of business, or out of the country.

How on earth is this unexpected? Why is it always unexpected by the experts? And since it is unexpected by these people, how can they claim to still be experts after being wrong so many times?

I would like to get paid mucho bucks to give consistently wrong answers. It doesn't work well at school right now. The professors only want right answers.

But surely, this is a job I could handle

How on earth is this unexpected? Why is it always unexpected by the experts? And since it is unexpected by these people, how can they claim to still be experts after being wrong so many times?

I would like to get paid mucho bucks to give consistently wrong answers. It doesn't work well at school right now. The professors only want right answers.

But surely, this is a job I could handle

It isn't too late you can switch majors. Weather forecasting is another posibility for those who are constantly surprised by the true outcomes. :lol:

Please explain what product SS and Medicare produce.

You name it the SS recipients spend their money on everything from food, rent, energy, etc. And without Medicare dollars how many Doctors and hospitals woudl go broke?
Drug suppliers, etc.

We are a consumer based economy.
You are not thinking deep enough, look beyond the surface.
In one way or another our govt spending accounts for around 30% of the jobs in this country.

SS is not government spending.

It is consumers spending money that was theirs but once held by the government.

You need to look beyond the surface. If the governement did not have it to give the people, the people would have it to spend themselves anyway.

That money came from the employers.

wake up, son. government spending is government spending. tax.. is tax.

that money all comes from the federal reserve, if you want to 'look beyond the surface'.

I'd like to know what's unexpected about the jobless rate going up?

I certainly expected it.
As did almost every thinking human on the planet.

nevermind your being wrong a few weeks back if that was your expectation. do you expect of the new jobless claims rate to go up next month?

Want to tell me again how we 'turned the corner' and that Barry was not lying his balls off when he said that?

Initial jobless claims increase unexpectedly - Yahoo! Finance

Every month its a new excuse, it was a 'holiday', it was 'the weather' or some other far fetched reason.

Are you saying the Easter Bunny is "far-fetched?"

:eek:

I cannot wait to see the numbers in June, when all the recent school grads cannot find a job because employers don't wanna hire because they don't yet understand WTF the Gov't is gonna ask for next.

and July, August when census will be over.

That's what happens when you force big companies out of business, or out of the country.

Yeah! Damn us for not just giving these companies lots of free $$$ like other countries do to put their businesses there. Or having no regulations for factories, or *gasp* a living wage.

The majority of Corporations do not pay taxes.

Majority of corporations avoid federal income taxes - study - Aug. 12, 2008

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Nearly two-thirds of U.S. companies and 68% of foreign corporations do not pay federal income taxes, according to a congressional report released Tuesday.

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) examined samples of corporate tax returns filed between 1998 and 2005. In that time period, an annual average of 1.3 million U.S. companies and 39,000 foreign companies doing business in the United States paid no income taxes - despite having a combined $2.5 trillion in revenue.

May I suggest stop making such stupid comments and knowing the facts?

Is there a Republican plan for job creation?

yep...fire congress and repeal all this bullshit legislation that has businesses closing down because they are scared they will be forced into bankruptcy. They are getting out now before they are left with NOTHING. Did you notice the tank in jobs after the passage of HCR? Ironic isn't it?

How about some serious tax breaks for middle income families and small businesses? Or, maybe, just maybe it actually makes sense to give the bailouts to the small businesses who actually hire more of the population and let the big corporations that keep all the bail out bucks for their fat bonus checks suck the big one!!!

Stop creating temporary government jobs and start focusing on the private sector.

Forum List

Back