Informative button!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can give you the whole history of UFO's and Ancient Aliens. And you can just dismiss me by clicking informative, without an intelligent reply.

That would be frustrating for my efforts.

If you like, tell me what you like. If you don't like, tell me what you don't like.

Informative, to me, is a pussy way out... In that case, just don't answer at all. That's what I do with political threads unless I somehow have an issue.

Last edited:
So.... don't be a pussy. Speak your mind about something that you have an interest in. If you have no interest, then give the OP the respect of not disregarding their post by saying "informative" without further explanation.

Maybe an "informative" reply can come with a mandatory text box asking what you found informative. That would work! I'd be down with that!

But that's too much work, compared to the way it is now.

Make it an "uninterested" button, and that would be more accurate. Jus sayin... But then, if you're uninterested, why go so far as to read the thread?

I just say leave things the way they are. Nothing's broken.

Last edited:
So.... don't be a pussy. Speak your mind about something that you have an interest in. If you have no interest, then give the OP the respect of not disregarding their post by saying "informative" without further explanation.
Whats to explain? If i find it informative, that means they posted something INFORMATIVE. Or is that beyond your comprehension?

If you like, tell me what you like. If you don't like, tell me what you don't like.

Informative, to me, is a pussy way out... In that case, just don't answer at all. That's what I do with political threads unless I somehow have an issue.
Ok. I think you are a dickwad. Why? Because I said so. In my opinion. I don't have to explain to you why about anything. This whole board is opinions. But I did this time..just to shut you up. Oh. Wait. Nevermind. I have you on iggie for a reason but took a peek to see what you were yammering about.

Lets have a STFU button too.

Nah. Iggie works fine.
Do a poll, mods. See how many want the Informative button back. It would be informative for you of what we all find informable. :laugh:

Do a Musk. Make a poll. Then show it to your bosses. Oh, and let us know if they ever respond to your email AyeCantSeeYou, ok?

The only buttons used here are the laughing one, the thank you one and the thumbs down one...and the heart eyes one. And if you won't get us an informative button, immagonna start using ** from now on. In red. Cuz I WANT THE INFORMATIVE BUTTON!!! I ain't alone in that either.

INFORMATIVE.png

I come here to be informed, because the USMB has sorts that get the job done where mainstream media fails

Thanks to all who take the time and effort

~S~

Ok. I think you are a dickwad. Why? Because I said so. In my opinion. I don't have to explain to you why about anything. This whole board is opinions. But I did this time..just to shut you up. Oh. Wait. Nevermind. I have you on iggie for a reason but took a peek to see what you were yammering about.
I disagree. This is called a forum for a reason. It's to express ideas and discuss them. An "informative" button is bullshit. You either agree or disagree, or take the time to research and come to a conclusion. Or you just don't care.

But "informative" just means you're dismissing it, and you just want to make it look like you care.

If there was an informative button making the American Revolution, how many people would have clicked that?!? But there wasn't, so they had to make a choice based on the facts.

"The British are coming!"

informative

It's just a way of copping out of making a meaningful, thoughtful, reply. Which is the whole idea around a forum. I would just prefer for it to be ignored, rather than a subtle insult like "informative".

Last edited:
for example, I could be seriously considering your opinion, or I could just be patronizing you. You can't tell.

Your thoughts go nowhere from there. You can try to continue your thoughts in the hopes someone actually listens and has a meaningful reply, or you can end it right there.

Last edited:
For me, if I saw a post that I don't care about, I just don't answer. Out of respect for the poster.

If something is brought up, that makes me wonder, I'll reply and say why it makes me wonder.

If I agree or disagree, and it's important enough, I'm going to explain my stance.

Informative means shit to me, if I don't know what it is that you're wondering about. It's just patronizing. And a lazy way to participate in a forum.

Do a Musk. Make a poll. Then show it to your bosses. Oh, and let us know if they ever respond to your email AyeCantSeeYou, ok?
IF they were to agree with adding an "informative" button in, what could we use for it? Ideas?

For me, if I saw a post that I don't care about, I just don't answer. Out of respect for the poster.

If something is brought up, that makes me wonder, I'll reply and say why it makes me wonder.

If I agree or disagree, and it's important enough, I'm going to explain my stance.

Informative means shit to me, if I don't know what it is that you're wondering about. It's just patronizing. And a lazy way to participate in a forum.
1668958939618.png

For an informative post?? Or am I not understanding your question? Informative is not necessarily an agreement with a post by someone, but it's informative because it's something not previously considered or thought of. Which makes it...informative.
Or if y'all change a rule or policy or zone. Info given, but not as fact. Just...informative.

For example...BackAgain posted about the thumbs up/down in roman days. I didn't know that. Turns out it was a true statement, but it was still informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back