Informative button!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really really really want for xmas the Informative Button to return.
Thumbs up means I agree but some of it I may not.
Thumbs down means I don't agree but some of it I may.
Laughing icon is derision or actually funny.
Surprise, sad, heart eyes...self explanatory.

But the INFORMATIVE button means exactly that. Information not previously thought of...or info you didn't know about but will think on.

Can we have it back? PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE?

Coyote flacaltenn AyeCantSeeYou
I agree, I really miss it! flacaltenn AyeCantSeeYou can you talk to the gods?

1668785142187.png

I still want a pirate button and pirate smiley.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I miss the old icons.
The new ones get
View attachment 441171
Fun factoid: we have the thumbs up and thumbs down thing backwards.

As I grok it, if the emperor gave the prevailing gladiator a thumbs up, he was indicating approval of that gladiator’s performance and granting permission to finish off the beaten gladiator.

Contrariwise, a thumbs down meant “your performance was unsatisfactory and therefore I am denying you permission to finish off your opponent.”

But, that’s neither here nor there I suppose.

I agree, I really miss it! flacaltenn AyeCantSeeYou can you talk to the gods?

I remember we tried TWICE and the mod room discussions were classic. We WANTED to get back closer to what we had before Zooforo. (Xenforo). Even got a bit heated. And the "informative button" made it into our requests.

There are just some "odd things" that Admin wants to control. They give us most of what of what we ask for -- but when it comes to what they consider "aesthetics" -- sometimes they balk.

I even GAVE THEM ICONS for "informative" and our old alternative to "Love" (cant remember right now -- but it was something like "Agree"}. But they said they couldn't scale them or something.

What I THINK is the deal -- is that they think that how people FEEL about a post is more important than what is IN a post. Like the stupid ambiguous "Love" deal.

I used "Informative" A LOT. Because personally, I believe content at USMB should add some value to being here and pawing thru tons of posts. And really "informative" is what we're trying to get to with the rules and policies without REQUIRING a great level of effort to post.

We could try again I suppose. Probably could recover those recommendations from mod staff. They are not likely to respond from members trying to contact them. UNLESS maybe -- there's a convincing petition or something.

Last edited:
I remember we tried TWICE and the mod room discussions were classic. We WANTED to get back closer to what we had before Zooforo. (Xenforo). Even got a bit heated. And the "informative button" made it into our requests.

There are just some "odd things" that Admin wants to control. They give us most of what of what we ask for -- but when it comes to what they consider "aesthetics" -- sometimes they balk.

I even GAVE THEM ICONS for "informative" and our old alternative to "Love" (cant remember right now -- but it was something like "Agree"}. But they said they couldn't scale them or something.

What I THINK is the deal -- is that they think is that how people FEEL about a post is more important than what is IN a post. Like the stupid ambiguous "Love" deal.

I used "Informative" A LOT. Because personally, I believe content at USMB should add some value to being here and pawing thru tons of posts. And really "informative" is what we're trying to get to with the rules and policies without REQUIRING a great level of effort to post.

We could try again I suppose. Probably could recover those recommendations from mod staff. They are not likely to respond from members trying to contact them. UNLESS maybe -- there's a convincing petition or something.
Maybe it’s worth asking again? I used to use use it a lot. I might not agree with a post but was good and informative and there is just no alternative option…

If we offered up a sacrifice….would that help?

The only buttons used here are the laughing one, the thank you one and the thumbs down one...and the heart eyes one. And if you won't get us an informative button, immagonna start using ** from now on. In red. Cuz I WANT THE INFORMATIVE BUTTON!!! I ain't alone in that either.:mad:

Which means a buttload of quotes I hafta to it for, which ticks me off.
I want a "Duh" button as well.

Maybe it’s worth asking again? I used to use use it a lot. I might not agree with a post but was good and informative and there is just no alternative option…

If we offered up a sacrifice….would that help?

I'll volunteer for the virgin sacrifice. They probably hate me anyways. Just promise me I'll be properly martyred over the button wars.

I'll check with Ropey. He's the expert on human sacrifices.

Fun factoid: we have the thumbs up and thumbs down thing backwards.

As I grok it, if the emperor gave the prevailing gladiator a thumbs up, he was indicating approval of that gladiator’s performance and granting permission to finish off the beaten gladiator.

Contrariwise, a thumbs down meant “your performance was unsatisfactory and therefore I am denying you permission to finish off your opponent.”

But, that’s neither here nor there I suppose.

You sure? we wouldn't want to screw that up.

Keep your fingers crossed! (Not your keyboards, that could get messy.) Blackmail Email has been sent.

The only buttons used here are the laughing one, the thank you one and the thumbs down one...and the heart eyes one. And if you won't get us an informative button, immagonna start using ** from now on. In red. Cuz I WANT THE INFORMATIVE BUTTON!!! I ain't alone in that either.:mad:

Which means a buttload of quotes I hafta to it for, which ticks me off.
That was informative. But I had to take time to tell you in person. Not a one-click thing. While I agree with you on some aspects, clicking informative would decrease good posts and replies.

Not all of us are as popular, where our ideas are immediately accepted without argument. Jus sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back