INDIANA’S NOW INFAMOUS ANTI-GAY PIZZA PLACE FORCED TO CLOSE IN UNDER ONE DAY

Kay thanks for quoting something you dont consider to make sure you mentioned you dont consider it.

Just in case.

I actually agree with her though. That's why I'm replying. It's to let everyone know what we think, not because we care what you think.

This is a difficult concept, but I believe in G-d. And he is who I am worried about pleasing. Not man. So when a man says he thinks I'm a bad person.... ok? So? Your opinion of me, isn't important. G-d's opinion is.

So you don't have empathy for me. And I should care why? G-d, does have empathy for me. That's what I care about.

So why am I here on this forum? Again... to let everyone know that Christians are still in America... we're not leaving... and we're not changing. So, best get used to it.
And no one's asking you or any other Christian to 'leave' America or 'change,' only understand and obey the law just like everyone else – understand that public accommodations laws in no way 'interfere' with 'religious liberty,' and that religious beliefs do not 'exempt' someone from obeying a just and proper laws, such as public accommodations laws.

Otherwise you're at liberty to believe in your 'god' and practice your religion as you see fit, no one is seeking to prevent you from doing so.

Well my religion says that I should not have anything to do with homosexual marriage. My business makes wedding cakes.

I have the right to practice my religion. I also have freedom of association.

I will follow your public accommodation laws, up to the point they violate my religious laws. G-d is greater than man, on the authority list.

Therefore... where a gay couple comes in and demands I make them a cake for their wedding... the answer is "no".

religious beliefs do not 'exempt' someone from obeying a just and proper laws, such as public accommodations laws

If that means that I can say "no" to the gay couple wanting a wedding cake from me, ok. We're in agreement, and everything is fine.

If you think I'm going to make a cake for a gay wedding because of accommodation laws.... sorry. That's not happening. I don't care if you think it exempts me from 'obeying proper laws' or not. We're not doing it.

Now what?

So if you were a Realtor and a gay couple came in looking for a house...God's law is that you let them go without shelter?

Some "god" you've got there.

G-d is not really concerned with what the pagans think.
Psalm 2:4
The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them.

One of my favorite verses.

Back to your red herring.

No, I would have no problem with selling a home to a gay couple. The problem is the sin, not the sinner.

Unless it is sinful to sell a home, then there is no problem.

The problem with providing a cake for a gay wedding, is the gay wedding itself, not the people involved.

If a gay couple walked into my pizza shop, I'd be more than happy to sell them all the pizza in the store. If they said they wanted pizza for their gay wedding, then I'd say no.

Wait, what if they're not 55 (over 55 neighborhoods) and they're gay?

Uh oh... I see backlash coming at retirement communities the first time they deny a fag under 55 the right to buy in the sub-division.that is for 55 year old and above

What's up with that?

-Geaux

Hard earned dollars are usually the Last to be given to total strangers on the internet dumb dumb.

But hey....this does show the Obama economy is doing very well if you putzes can just hand over your cash.

Insults. Great. Good way to win people to your argument.

Ok, so I make about $23,000 a year. (according to my tax return). I work 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week. I personally donated to the fund myself.
So...let me ask you this question. What price-tag do you put on someone being driven into insolvency through their own actions? Had they said, "We don't cater, period" which is the truth by the way....none of this would have taken place. But they told the little white lie they did and bingo......payday.

As for your paycheck...ouch.

What makes the dollars that I gave, not the hard earned ones, and the others that I kept, the hard earned ones? I have no other source of income.
If you value your money and actually thought you worked hard for it, you wouldn't be contributing to a "charity" that has about a million free and clear to start with.

Actually, I was earning $30,000 under Bush. My income declined since Obama is in office.

What did you do to earn your pay decrease?

Well, already you don't seem to know the story. Had nothing to do with "catering". Here is the actual quote from the article that sparked the entire controversy.

“If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no,” says Crystal O'Connor of Memories Pizza.​

RFRA Michiana business wouldn t cater a gay wedding - ABC57 News - See the Difference Michiana

Crystal, never mentioned the word "catering".

The title of the article, by the reporter said "Michiana business wouldn't cater a gay wedding"

But the owners of Memories Pizza, never said catering, because like you mentioned, they don't cater.

So there was no lie. If anyone 'lied', it would have to be the reporter who implied they cater weddings.
The word "cater" was mentioned on the kickstarter page:

When asked by local press the hypothetical question of whether or not they'd prefer to have their family owned business, Memories Pizza, cater a gay wedding, the owner said no citing their own religious beliefs as the reason.

If that is your case, the word "cater" was brought up by the reporter wrongly....when can we expect these good christians to give the money back since their position is being so badly mis-represented?

If you value your money and actually thought you worked hard for it, you wouldn't be contributing to a "charity" that has about a million free and clear to start with.

Really? Because I also donate to homeless shelters, and charities for young women from troubled
homes, and both get millions free and clear too.
Of course you do....

I love the prejudice. You know absolutely nothing about me at all, and yet assume I caused it.

No big deal. FYI, I was let go when work dried up in 2010. Apparently that massive stimulus bill, stimulated my company into layoffs. Score another point for Obama.

So much for the opposition being the "party of personal responsibility" eh loser?

If that is your case, the word "cater" was brought up by the reporter wrongly....when can we expect these good christians to give the money back since their position is being so badly mis-represented?

First, you claimed that the business owners brought up the idea of catering, when they did not do that. Clearly your own quote, conclusively proves they did not.

Are you honest enough to admit this?
"When asked by local press the hypothetical question of whether or not they'd prefer to have their family owned business, Memories Pizza, cater a gay wedding"

So can you admit it was the reporters who brought up a hypothetical, and not the business owners?
Yes, both the first reporter and the second reporters who started the kickstarter. You can't have it both ways kiddo...either you're offended by the word "cater" was being used or not...you can't only sponsor it when there is a monetary benefit.

Beyond that, why on Earth would they return the money, and why would we want it returned? If the reporter did mis-represent their position, that would be just an additional reason I would want them to have the money..
Yes but their position was mis-represented twice you nitwit.... Once by the original report and once on the kickstarter page....

I love the "logic" involed when you deal with conserve-hate-ives. When they are being wrongly accused by the horrors of the word "cater", it was a bad thing. But since they made out pretty well playing the victim...more power to them.

If this was an ethnic minority doing this, you guys would be up in arms....admit it.

They were abused and harmed by the gaystapo already. Now you are suggesting they were harmed by the media. Why would being wronged by two groups instead of one, mean they should return the money? That's not logical.
Yeah...$800K was a severe form of being "wronged"....

So much for the opposition being the "party of personal responsibility" eh loser?
:biggrin:

So in your world..... Stating what factually happened, has something to do with personal responsibility? I suppose if I had been in sales, and told the customers they were about as smart as some of the internet posters are about personal responsibility, then you'd have a point.

So let's explain how personal responsibility works, since clearly you don't know.

Personal responsibility is not turning yourself into the police because someone broke into your home and stole your TV.
"Why are you here?"
"Someone stole my TV"
"ok?"
"I'm turning myself in. I'm taking personal responsibility"

That kind of logic, only works for the mindless left.

Personal responsibility has less to do with what happens to you, but rather how you react to those circumstances.

So, for example, when I was laid off for lack of work, I have zero control over customers choosing to not purchase the product my company made, any more than I have control over someone breaking into my home and stealing my TV.

What I do have control over, is how I react to both. For the theft, I had insurance, and for the layoff, I simply got another job.

Now if I had sat around blaming Obama, or demanding unemployment comp, or welfare, and waited for the government to fix my life, that would be not taking responsibility.

Shortly after I lost that job, I got a job that paid far too little. At this point, I had to options on how to react. I could cry and whine about the minimum wage, complain about evil employers, start barking on an internet forum about the shrinking middle class, and demand government fix my life.

Or I can quit and get a higher paying job. You get one guess as to which one I did, and which one is taking personal responsibility.

I think you can figure this out. I believe in you. :bow2:

I can see why you were let go....it was probably a long time in coming given that "explanation".
PS: You are blaming the president for your own mis-fortune..Not very classy.

Insults. Great. Good way to win people to your argument.

Ok, so I make about $23,000 a year. (according to my tax return). I work 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week. I personally donated to the fund myself.
So...let me ask you this question. What price-tag do you put on someone being driven into insolvency through their own actions? Had they said, "We don't cater, period" which is the truth by the way....none of this would have taken place. But they told the little white lie they did and bingo......payday.

As for your paycheck...ouch.

What makes the dollars that I gave, not the hard earned ones, and the others that I kept, the hard earned ones? I have no other source of income.

Actually, I was earning $30,000 under Bush. My income declined since Obama is in office.

Well, already you don't seem to know the story. Had nothing to do with "catering". Here is the actual quote from the article that sparked the entire controversy.

“If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no,” says Crystal O'Connor of Memories Pizza.​

RFRA Michiana business wouldn t cater a gay wedding - ABC57 News - See the Difference Michiana

Crystal, never mentioned the word "catering".

The title of the article, by the reporter said "Michiana business wouldn't cater a gay wedding"

But the owners of Memories Pizza, never said catering, because like you mentioned, they don't cater.

So there was no lie. If anyone 'lied', it would have to be the reporter who implied they cater weddings.
The word "cater" was mentioned on the kickstarter page:

When asked by local press the hypothetical question of whether or not they'd prefer to have their family owned business, Memories Pizza, cater a gay wedding, the owner said no citing their own religious beliefs as the reason.

Really? Because I also donate to homeless shelters, and charities for young women from troubled
homes, and both get millions free and clear too.
Of course you do....

I love the prejudice. You know absolutely nothing about me at all, and yet assume I caused it.

No big deal. FYI, I was let go when work dried up in 2010. Apparently that massive stimulus bill, stimulated my company into layoffs. Score another point for Obama.

First, you claimed that the business owners brought up the idea of catering, when they did not do that. Clearly your own quote, conclusively proves they did not.

Are you honest enough to admit this?
"When asked by local press the hypothetical question of whether or not they'd prefer to have their family owned business, Memories Pizza, cater a gay wedding"

So can you admit it was the reporters who brought up a hypothetical, and not the business owners?
Yes, both the first reporter and the second reporters who started the kickstarter. You can't have it both ways kiddo...either you're offended by the word "cater" was being used or not...you can't only sponsor it when there is a monetary benefit.

Beyond that, why on Earth would they return the money, and why would we want it returned? If the reporter did mis-represent their position, that would be just an additional reason I would want them to have the money..
Yes but their position was mis-represented twice you nitwit.... Once by the original report and once on the kickstarter page....

I love the "logic" involed when you deal with conserve-hate-ives. When they are being wrongly accused by the horrors of the word "cater", it was a bad thing. But since they made out pretty well playing the victim...more power to them.

If this was an ethnic minority doing this, you guys would be up in arms....admit it.

They were abused and harmed by the gaystapo already. Now you are suggesting they were harmed by the media. Why would being wronged by two groups instead of one, mean they should return the money? That's not logical.

:biggrin:

So in your world..... Stating what factually happened, has something to do with personal responsibility? I suppose if I had been in sales, and told the customers they were about as smart as some of the internet posters are about personal responsibility, then you'd have a point.

So let's explain how personal responsibility works, since clearly you don't know.

Personal responsibility is not turning yourself into the police because someone broke into your home and stole your TV.
"Why are you here?"
"Someone stole my TV"
"ok?"
"I'm turning myself in. I'm taking personal responsibility"

That kind of logic, only works for the mindless left.

Personal responsibility has less to do with what happens to you, but rather how you react to those circumstances.

So, for example, when I was laid off for lack of work, I have zero control over customers choosing to not purchase the product my company made, any more than I have control over someone breaking into my home and stealing my TV.

What I do have control over, is how I react to both. For the theft, I had insurance, and for the layoff, I simply got another job.

Now if I had sat around blaming Obama, or demanding unemployment comp, or welfare, and waited for the government to fix my life, that would be not taking responsibility.

Shortly after I lost that job, I got a job that paid far too little. At this point, I had to options on how to react. I could cry and whine about the minimum wage, complain about evil employers, start barking on an internet forum about the shrinking middle class, and demand government fix my life.

Or I can quit and get a higher paying job. You get one guess as to which one I did, and which one is taking personal responsibility.

I think you can figure this out. I believe in you. :bow2:

I can see why you were let go....it was probably a long time in coming given that "explanation".
PS: You are blaming the president for your own mis-fortune..Not very classy.

I actually don't blame him for my job loss. Instead, I simply got another job.

Blaming people in government for everything that happens in their lives, is a left-wing mentality, not a right-wing one.

My only point was that Obama spent trillions claiming he was going to fix everything. Apparently he failed.

$800K was the response to them being wronged. And they were wronged.

You are contradicting yourself in your own post. You say they "played the victim" implying they're position was not mis-represented twice..... right after openly saying their position was mis-represented.

Then you tell me I can't play it both ways, while you in fact are.

The Memories Pizza people were wronged. That's just a fact. And they did nothing wrong that is also a fact. Therefore, they have no reason to return the money, and I have no reason to want my money back. It's going to a cause I deeply believe in. Namely the help of Christian brothers and sisters, being targeted by hatefulled bullies, that arrogantly think they can dicate how others live their lives.

None of your meaningless "cater" word bickering really matters. The only reason I pointed it out, is because your claim they said they catered, was a lie. You might fool others, but not me. Your lie is clear now.

They reserve the right to refuse to serve sinners...
Which, you are not allowed to do in this case.
They chose to exercise their rights and they had to close their doors and feared retribution by unstable haters. They stood up for their beliefs and get a public media whipping.
For the amount of time you obviously spend on this site it appears you have no life but to add your witty if yet sparse reporté here.

I'm still waiting to hear the difference between not allowing a 54 year-old or younger to live in the sub-division that requires you to be 55 or older. That's the builder call right?

What am I missing?

-Geaux

Walkerton, Indiana had a dark storefront Wednesday night as Memories, the now infamous bigoted pizza parlor has decided to close its doors until “temperatures cool.”

After what they probably thought was a brilliant marketing ploy to get bigots across Indiana to start having their weddings catered with extra cheese and pepperoni, the owners had no choice but to shutter the business or continue to face an onslaught of social media backlash, extremely negative press and what they described as “threatening phone calls.”

Memories Indiana s Now Infamous Anti-Gay Pizza Place Forced To Close In Under One Day If You Only News
Hey guano, how'd that turn out for you?

Forum List

Back