Doctors Refused This Thug a Heart Transplant – Until Accused of Racism. It All Ended Badly Yesterday

timslash

Dec 4, 2014
Buffalo. NY
Doctors Refused This Thug a Heart Transplant - Until Accused of Racism - It All Ended BadlyTop Right News
A Black teenager who was initially denied a heart transplant because of his criminal record – but who was granted one after a media outcry over “racism” – was killed after committing a home invasion armed robbery, less than two years later.

A masked Anthony Stokes broke into the home of an 81-year old woman in Roswell, Georgia on Tuesday afternoon, firing shots at the woman in a failed robbery attempt.
>government and kind people gave you a chance to "live your life again"
>you're still commit crimes
>firing shots at the woman in a failed robbery attempt.
Only i think that's something wrong with this guy?!

What a shame that someone else had to wait or possibly lost their life while this thug received a heart. That is exactly why they have a profile for the intended recipient. This wasn't about race, it was about life style. I hope this hospital learned their lesson.

Did the TV station and News show do a follow up show after catering to the thug and his mother finally getting the hospital to give this boy the heart? Did they show viewers that he shot an elderly woman and was killed in a high speed crash in a stolen car? Did they apologize for interfering with hospital business? Bet not.

What a shame that someone else had to wait or possibly lost their life while this thug received a heart. That is exactly why they have a profile for the intended recipient. This wasn't about race, it was about life style. I hope this hospital learned their lesson.

Did the TV station and News show do a follow up show after catering to the thug and his mother finally getting the hospital to give this boy the heart? Did they show viewers that he shot an elderly woman and was killed in a high speed crash in a stolen car? Did they apologize for interfering with hospital business? Bet not.

Can't review life histories of transplant recipiants. Open that can of worms and what criteria will you then use? Criminal record? Which crimes? Political affiliation? Membership in organizations?

Sucks when this happens (wasted a good heart) but it's what has to happen to keep the process of selection fair.

Libs do that ....yes criminal record should be considered just like your medical record is.

Dick Cheney got himself a new heart and there aren`t many people on this planet that are worse than him. We set the bar pretty low.

He was initially refused because the doctors didn't think he would be able to follow a regime which I'm certain did not include armed robbery and that kind of thing. They were accused of racism of course. The result is 100s of 1000s of dollars and a good heart to a thug who gets himself killed.

Someone worth while might have been saved.

pity

Can't review life histories of transplant recipiants. Open that can of worms and what criteria will you then use? Criminal record? Which crimes? Political affiliation? Membership in organizations?

Sucks when this happens (wasted a good heart) but it's what has to happen to keep the process of selection fair.

I agree with everything you said except that it was a waste of a good heart. Perhaps for the two years he had it, he might have done some good for someone somewhere. That's probably not the case but who knows except God and the people he might have touched positively. As an aside though, I wonder did he donate the heart so it could be used again. What happened to the heart postmortem ? Was it simply discarded?

One solution to this is to increase the number of donor organs. Since there are so many needing organs compared to those willing to donate, each transplant means multiple people did NOT get a transplant. Increasing the number of donated organs reduces the "you don't deserve it" argument. So do it already, go to the DMV and put the little heart on your driver's license. You won't need it then, anyway.

One solution to this is to increase the number of donor organs. Since there are so many needing organs compared to those willing to donate, each transplant means multiple people did NOT get a transplant. Increasing the number of donated organs reduces the "you don't deserve it" argument. So do it already, go to the DMV and put the little heart on your driver's license. You won't need it then, anyway.

You do realize that doctors won't sign the organ donor card, right?

Because they don't want some ER doc that knows they're donors deciding to just harvest instead of working really hard to save them.

Forum List

Back