In Defense of High Income Earners

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
I own a small business but it's not like I'm THAT important. I do work with charities and so on - and I thought all members filled their profile out the same way I did -which was just put our corporate website on there and whatever. Turns out that's not the case. Which is why this place has more Constitutional Lawyers / Physicist / Purple Heart winners than most. Okey dokey.

So I joined this board and another to learn about the Tea Party (which I liked when they were about Taxed Enough Already but not anymore since they decided to become my social conscience). I'm one of those folks who might be paying more soon, if Obama gets his tax increase on families with our income approved. Whatever. I'm proud I've worked hard to get here.
And here is where the LibDems on the other board (and at least one here) REALLY PISS ME OFF.
I worked hard. I took MY money and gambled on starting my own business. My name was on the office lease. I worked 16 hour days. And now?
I still work but I get to fcuk around here, go play tennis with my daughter during the afternoon and then go back to work later if I want to, travel, put money aside so i don't have to live on just SSI, save so my daughter can go to a really good school and drive a great big gas guzzing politically incorrect Mercedes Fcuking S500 tyvm!
And guess what? Apparently, that makes me "greedy".
I mentioned that my daughter wants to go to Stanford or UCLA and we're putting the estimated $500K aside for this on my other board. I got mass-blasted by the more extreme LibDems for being a greedy SOB.
Same thing happened here a while back. A Liberal here (I think it was Rightwinger) went to my corporate site and saw that I pay $10,000 referral fees to folks who help us out. Apparently that makes me greedy (because you know, showing your appreciation instead of keeping every penny makes you greedy). Of course he didn't mention the fact that our firm also donates and additional $250 out of every transaction to charity. When I brought it up, he decided that's not enough. As if it's for him to decide. And he gives how much to charity every year? And where I volunteer training vets on resume writing / interviewing etc... about 10 hours a week, he does what? Then of course, other Extreme Libbies joined in to tell me I don't appreciate my workers enough. You know, those folks I'm taking to Maui (including their S.O.'s) because we're already above any year we've had since 2007? The people who work three days in the office and two from home? Yeah. Those under-appreciated people.
WTF?!?!?!?!?!

I get it. There are people who have inherited money, who are worthless pieces of shet (Paris Hilton comes to mind). But guess what? Some of us just plain worked harder than you did. We took gut wrenching risks that left our checking account down to $27 before we got that life-saving check from our first client. We put you to work. If it wasn't for us, you would do what, exactly?
But you betch because we want to send our kids to college and when we retire, live in a Dell Webb comminity (my mom lives in one - it's like Sandals!)?
Well FCUK YOU!

Okay sorry about that. I get attacked by Conservs all the time. I'm too Liberal on way too many (mostly social) issues for their liking. I can deal with that. But when did Americans become "the enemy" just because they achieved the American Dream? Do Liberals believe the ONLY acceptable way to become successful, by becoming a journeyman union member at the National Society of Global Warming Prevention and Gun Control?

That's seriously fcuked up folks.

March.jpg

Dipshits are everywhere, you can't let 'em change your attitude or mess with your head. You did good, I'm sure your family and friends know that. If somebody else has a problem, make sure it stays their problem rather than yours. As for this place, speak your piece wen you want to and ignore the dipshits when you want to. You can argue with 'em but I doubt you'll change their minds any. The rest of us however will look forward to your input.

Dipshits are everywhere, you can't let 'em change your attitude or mess with your head. You did good, I'm sure your family and friends know that. If somebody else has a problem, make sure it stays their problem rather than yours. As for this place, speak your piece wen you want to and ignore the dipshits when you want to. You can argue with 'em but I doubt you'll change their minds any. The rest of us however will look forward to your input.

Oh I'm just venting. And btw, I don't mind all the times you've called me a moonbat liberal Obamabot. That was just (social) political issues and the bullshit that enues from a difference of opinion.
But this was pretty personal and as you can tell, REALLY P issed me off!

Oh I'm just venting. And btw, I don't mind all the times you've called me a moonbat liberal Obamabot. That was just (social) political issues and the bullshit that enues from a difference of opinion.

I've never called anybody a moonbat liberal Obamabot, I don't have that much imagination. I have called a few people a fuckin' idiot, hope that wasn't you. :redface:

Meant what I said though, I want to see more of your opinions even if you are a MLO.

it's not a good idea to put your personal info here. if you haven't taken it down already, i recommend that you do.

Why? Is there some kind of danger? I mean if you google my name I'm the first three entries so it's not like I'm not already all over the ethernet anyway. Is there some danger I'm not aware of?

I've never called anybody a moonbat liberal Obamabot, I don't have that much imagination. I have called a few people a fuckin' idiot, hope that wasn't you. :redface:

Meant what I said though, I want to see more of your opinions even if you are a MLO.

Well I think Obama did a fantastic job (Yes Obama) with Osama bin Laden (I'm former ONI). Ring a bell?

And okay, maybe it was fcuking idiot...

it's not a good idea to put your personal info here. if you haven't taken it down already, i recommend that you do.

Why? Is there some kind of danger? I mean if you google my name I'm the first three entries so it's not like I'm not already all over the ethernet anyway. Is there some danger I'm not aware of?

Now that you bring it up, I really can see no danger whatsoever in sharing your name, financial information, and make/model of your car on the internet.

Carry on.

Now that you bring it up, I really can see no danger whatsoever in sharing your name, financial information, and make/model of your car on the internet.

Carry on.

Well my name and obvious indicators of financial state are already there, so it must be the car that makes it dangerous!
When your name is on the door, you don't have much that isn't public knowledge. But I guess you two are right. This place DOES have some rather "interesting" personalities.
Thanks.

Forum List

Back