Preschooler's homemade lunch replaced with nuggets

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A Hoke County preschooler was fed chicken nuggets for lunch because a state worker felt that her homemade lunch did not have enough nutritional value, according to a report by the Carolina Journal.

The West Hoke Elementary School student was in her More at Four classroom when a state agent who was inspecting lunch boxes decided that her packed lunch — which consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, apple juice and potato chips — “did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines,” the Journal reports.

The decision was made under consideration of a regulation put in place by the the Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services, which requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs to meet USDA guidelines.

“When home-packed lunches do not include all of the required items, child care providers must supplement them with the missing ones,” the Journal reports.

The student’s mother told the Journal she received a note from the school about the incident and was charged $1.25 for the cafeteria tray, from which her daughter only ate three chicken nuggets.

Read more: Preschooler's Homemade Lunch Replaced With Nuggets | Fox News

Oh brother. Let the babies go hungry. It is for their own good. :(

no one went hungry but that is a great way to end the post....with a total lie

you just cant help yourself can you, you do understand they keep the homemade lunch and add the school lunch.....i dont think its right but is it worth lying over?

Yes I understand the difference between "replaced" and "supplemented", but it doesn't seem like the food police did.

Parents know what their toddlers will eat. Giving them items they don't want is not only a COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY, it's wrong. Picky eaters would rather starve.

But you can keep supporting government overreach, just like a good little liberal.

where did i say i supported it?

you love to put words in my posts that are not there...sorry you are butthurt for lying...but your post and your final conclusions are falsehoods are they not

did any child 'go hungry'

a simple yes or no will do

parents should stop this dead in its tracks by refusing to pay for any supplements....simple as that...i would put it in writing to the school and the boe....that no supplements will be paid for.....picky eaters are simply that....

That's vexing.

One hopes the staff member who made that decision will be fired.

Several things wrong with this to me. The waste angle is an interesting one that highlights the negative end results government intervention often leaves in its wake.

If the cafeteria tray pictured is representative of the tray the Mom was billed for, minus the three chicken nuggets her kid ate, then the following perfectly good food ended up in the garbage at the end of the day: 2 chicken nugget pieces, chopped fresh vegetables & dipping, what looks like a blueberry muffin, a serving of corn, a piece of watermelon, etc. How's that for government efficiency at its finest? But thank God some bureaucrat - and likely union stooge - was on the payroll specifically to make sure the government defined nutritious lunch regulations were enforced.

One can only wonder at the miracles of millions of us, including previous generations, who survived and lived normal lives in spite of what our mothers packed us for lunch at school. Ah, life is good here in the land of Uncle Sam and Aunt Nanny.

A Hoke County preschooler was fed chicken nuggets for lunch because a state worker felt that her homemade lunch did not have enough nutritional value, according to a report by the Carolina Journal.

The West Hoke Elementary School student was in her More at Four classroom when a state agent who was inspecting lunch boxes decided that her packed lunch — which consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, apple juice and potato chips — “did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines,” the Journal reports.

The decision was made under consideration of a regulation put in place by the the Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services, which requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs to meet USDA guidelines.

“When home-packed lunches do not include all of the required items, child care providers must supplement them with the missing ones,” the Journal reports.

The student’s mother told the Journal she received a note from the school about the incident and was charged $1.25 for the cafeteria tray, from which her daughter only ate three chicken nuggets.

Read more: Preschooler's Homemade Lunch Replaced With Nuggets | Fox News

Oh brother. Let the babies go hungry. It is for their own good. :(

Welcome to 1984....

I would love to know in what fucking universe can some "state official" just search through a little girls lunch without a warrant??

What law is that little girl breaking??

Not to mention who the FUCK does government think they are telling parents what they can and cannot feed a child??

Oh and lets not forget eating does NOT MAKE PEOPLE FAT.... That is a total fallacy within it's self..

I have never been overweight my entire life - I have generally been underweight - I even have a small beer belly and I'm still 5 pounds underweight..

This whole "kids get fat unless they eat what government tells them to eat" bullshit is nothing more than a lie..

Truth is schools have contracts with GOVERNMENT REGULATED food sources, and these schools will not get funding unless little Todd eats the fucking school lunch..

I suppose if little Todd doesn't eat the school lunch then the school will have funding cuts - hence UNION employees will be forced to find a new job..

Oh, and on the flip side of the coin - it's a double whammy because progressives are doing their best to indoctrinate your children with the notion that "government knows best" and mommy and daddy are laymen..

So in short the state is doing its best to create "the children of the corn" (no pun of course)..

Mao used the same tactics just applied them differently...

I suppose what I'm trying to say is this:

- Schools get funding for lunches.
- Unions get paid.
- Students learn that government is always right.

I see chanel just cant reply to the question about lying in her op.....

funny how conservatives run after tm but allow this mal from their own

Your personal attacks are not worthy of a response, but if you must insist on such silliness, I stand by my statement. A child eating 3 nuggets will be hungry. I don't have any research to back that up, but knock yourself out trying to disprove it. :cuckoo:

the story on its own is bad enough but being the good little conservative you are.....you have to embellish it....with lies

This shit happens every single day. The lies bring you to the point of not wanting to engage in any discussion with Republicans. You have to read every word to make sure they are quoting accurately or they don't post a link at all.

Your personal attacks are not worthy of a response, but if you must insist on such silliness, I stand by my statement. A child eating 3 nuggets will be hungry. I don't have any research to back that up, but knock yourself out trying to disprove it. :cuckoo:

It did say supplement.

Forum List

Back