In a weird way, the GOP may have handed itself an opportunity on ABORTION

The SC has already done that for them. But they can't help themselves in trying to impose their religious beliefs on the whole country, they want a national ban.
As Trump says, this is "the final battle". No doubt the base takes this biblically, literally. It's Good vs. Evil, and this is The Big One for them.

With that as a backdrop, a lot of them won't budge an inch on this.

Says the guy who thinks an egg at fertilization is a person.
Like the man says, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

You can change the name of unborn children but you can change the fact that they are humans from conception

Like the man says, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

You can change the name of unborn children but you can change the fact that they are humans from conception
No sparky, YOu are trying to change the name BECAUSE the science says you're wrong and Conservatism" says you're a fascist.

No sparky, YOu are trying to change the name BECAUSE the science says you're wrong and Conservatism" says you're a fascist.
Science identifies humans through their DNA

And our DNA remains the same from conception to death even if its 100 years later

The SC has already done that for them. But they can't help themselves in trying to impose their religious beliefs on the whole country, they want a national ban.
Partially True. You misuse the word "ban". Most Republicans want a ban after 15-weeks like they have in the EU. Not a total "ban".

But if they want to win elections they need to let the abortion issue remain with the states, PERIOD.

Do you want to win or gift total control to Democrats? We have been fighting abortion successfully for decades, then we gifted Dems the greatest gift in a century by overturning Roe vs Wade. Posed to get wiped out in 2022 the SCOTUS kicked us right in the groin with that stupid move.
So, you’re suggesting that the right thing to do is let’s things that are wrong, continue to happen?

I'm seeing several articles on how the GOP is trying to figure out a way to mitigate the damage from their overreach on abortion (yes, I know some of the True Believers will deny there has been any overreach, but we're going to deal with reality here).

The answer may be right in front of them. All they have to do is embrace a word that appears to scare the living shit out of their base.

Their smartest move may be to say, "okay, let's compromise on abortion. We want strict limits, you want no limits. WE are willing to COMPROMISE. Let's have a 16-week limit, plus the regular exceptions. We can meet in the middle, it will be available in a vast majority of situations, and everyone can get some of what they really want."

Instead of their standard, ham handed, all-or-nothing approach, they have a chance to be the adult in the room for a change. And who knows, maybe it won't kill them, and they'll be able to lead the way on OTHER issues, TOO. Maybe this could START something.

Not holding my breath.

Here's my take:

Magaturds: 'No fucking way, commie!'

I'm seeing several articles on how the GOP is trying to figure out a way to mitigate the damage from their overreach on abortion (yes, I know some of the True Believers will deny there has been any overreach, but we're going to deal with reality here).

The answer may be right in front of them. All they have to do is embrace a word that appears to scare the living shit out of their base.

Their smartest move may be to say, "okay, let's compromise on abortion. We want strict limits, you want no limits. WE are willing to COMPROMISE. Let's have a 16-week limit, plus the regular exceptions. We can meet in the middle, it will be available in a vast majority of situations, and everyone can get some of what they really want."

Instead of their standard, ham handed, all-or-nothing approach, they have a chance to be the adult in the room for a change. And who knows, maybe it won't kill them, and they'll be able to lead the way on OTHER issues, TOO. Maybe this could START something.

Not holding my breath.

Abortion is NOT banned its just not a federal issue. Very simple. Of course the lying windbag Demonrats are trying to say otherwise. State abortion laws are NOT affected in the slightest by Dobbs.

Forum List

Back