In 1995, these three senators voted to end all filibusters in the Senate....

SmarterThanYou said:
I find it quite amusing that throughout the last 5 years I've heard more crap about the so called liberal bias in just about everything that denounces or intimates negativity towards republicans, yet the very liberal American Bar Association is above all that and trustworthy to those very republicans.

If you think it amusing that the "so-called liberal bias" has gone on for the last 5 years, try for the last 30 years - especially beginning with the Roe v. Wade ruling which was one of the MOST liberal judicial activist rulings ever...you'll probably be laughing your head off.

Heh. I think freeandfun1 has pretty much said it all...and without one expletive too! :bow3:

What the "progressives" are doing is creating an atmosphere that they believe will lead to "compromise" where they can get Democrat selected judges appointed during a time when the President and Senate are both Republican.

freeandfun1 said:
Actually, you have clearly exhibited that you hold a two-faced view on judicial appointments. You would have no problem if a liberal were in office appointing liberal judges but you have a problem with a conservative appointing conservative judges.
Point out EXACTLY where I have said this.

freeandfun1 said:
You forget the Dems had control for decades and Republicans didn't filibuster their nominations. Now you act like there is this "new" reason to filibuster judicial appointments. To the victor go the spoils. The conservatives are in office now and if they want to appoint conservative judges, then SO BE IT. When the Conservatives lose and the liberals get the White House back (hence the reason you are scared, your liberal friends blew their chances and now are paying the piper - all apart of American politics! I love it!) the libs will appoint liberal judges. That is how our system works. Too bad you and your ilk want to change 214 years of the system working because you are so upset at losing power and losing power because of your own failed policies. If the conservatives are as bad as you claim they are, the liberals should be sure to win and keep ALL the houses for several decades. Is this unreasonable fear emitting from the left because they know they are SCREWED?

HA HA! You're get'n what was come'n. Freak out and whine all you want. When YOUR party is back in power, the tables will be turned. However, you won’t see us whine ‘n like you bratty liberals.
Hey :asshole: . Go smoke another friggin joint because you've obviously lost the rest of your brain cells since the only thing you seem capable of is focusing on the handful of liberal beliefs I have and using that to label me as such. :321:

SmarterThanYou said:
Point out EXACTLY where I have said this.

You've been quite exhaustive in pointing out that you don't believe Bush should be able to appoint the judges HE wants.

SmarterThanYou said:
Hey :asshole: . Go smoke another friggin joint because you've obviously lost the rest of your brain cells since the only thing you seem capable of is focusing on the handful of liberal beliefs I have and using that to label me as such. :321:

Your views/politics are clearly more liberal than they are conservative. This is a typical stance taken by those holding liberal beliefs. They claim, "I'm not a liberal" yet turn around and continually push liberal agendas. Sure, you might be conservative on a couple of issues, but that doesn't make you conservative. Now you will claim to be a "moderate" which just means you can't make up your mind....

You're a liberal that is either too afraid or too asshamed to admit it.

freeandfun1 said:
You've been quite exhaustive in pointing out that you don't believe Bush should be able to appoint the judges HE wants.
now lets see, I had NO issue with the other couple of hundred he's appointed, have I?

freeandfun1 said:
Your views/politics are clearly more liberal than they are conservative. This is a typical stance taken by those holding liberal beliefs. They claim, "I'm not a liberal" yet turn around and continually push liberal agendas. Sure, you might be conservative on a couple of issues, but that doesn't make you conservative. Now you will claim to be a "moderate" which just means you can't make up your mind....

You're a liberal that is either too afraid or too asshamed to admit it.
you keep moving your lips, but all I hear is :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

more labels. thats all. yours is a typical stance of trying to force people to choose, left or right. There can be no in between or differing beliefs between subjects because you believe there is only one right and all the others are just wrong. I've NEVER claimed myself to be a 'conservative', i've just said that I hold conservative beliefs on a handful of issues, much like I hold liberal beliefs on handful of issues. So take your labels elsewhere and see if you can find someone ignorant enough to want to wear any of them.

SmarterThanYou said:
now lets see, I had NO issue with the other couple of hundred he's appointed, have I?

you keep moving your lips, but all I hear is :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

more labels. thats all. yours is a typical stance of trying to force people to choose, left or right. There can be no in between or differing beliefs between subjects because you believe there is only one right and all the others are just wrong. I've NEVER claimed myself to be a 'conservative', i've just said that I hold conservative beliefs on a handful of issues, much like I hold liberal beliefs on handful of issues. So take your labels elsewhere and see if you can find someone ignorant enough to want to wear any of them.

cmon dude-----you use labels too----fess up

dilloduck said:
cmon dude-----you use labels too----fess up
certainly. If I see someone thats acting like a moron, i'll call him/her a moron.

If I see someone being a jackass, i'll call him/her a jackass.

SmarterThanYou said:
certainly. If I see someone thats acting like a moron, i'll call him/her a moron.

If I see someone being a jackass, i'll call him/her a jackass.

Time to look in the mirror.

SmarterThanYou said:
Is that what you got out of that?

No, I don't want Bush nominating libera OR conservative judges. I want him to nominate mainstream judges with no political bent OTHER than ruling according to the law. Not in favor of special interests in any way, shape, or form.

Hmmm...Justice Christ.

It's got a nice ring to it!

SmarterThanYou said:
If I were at all worried about them, It would frighten me. But I'm not worried about them.

Wish I shared your confidence. I don't. Man's inclination towards tyranny is as native to him as his need for air; our founding fathers understood this. Do you remember the assignment given Hinderaker's law class - to find some constitutional justification for legalized abortion? They couldn't conceive of it. Roe vs. Wade was enacted months later. Humanity's capacity for lunatic treachery is boundless. Constitution 2020 could happen easily.

dilloduck said:
Any idea how much of America is corporate owned already ? Just curious

Interesting question. Links at the U.S. Census Bureau and bizstats.com basically state that employment of the approximate 110 million employees in America is split about 50-50 between small firms (500 employees or less) and large firms (500 employees or more). Of the 110 million employees, about 18 million are government employees.

Of the 25 million business entities that exist:

Sole proprietorships account for 72% of the businesses but only for 5% of the revenue.

Corporations account for 20% of the total number of businesses and 85% of the revenue.

Partnerships and LLCs account for 8% of the businesses and for 10% of the revenue.

Only about 20% of business entities had employees, and these firms accounted for nearly 98% of total revenue - the 80% of businesses with no employees accounted for less than 2% of total US revenue. Firms with more than 500 employees represented less than ½ of one percent of all employer firms, but accounted for about 50% of total US employment. The following is a recent summary of firms (except start-ups and closures) by number of employees:

A "big" corporation is defined as employing 500 or more employees.
Roughly 17,000 big corporations employ 55 million or 50% of all employees.

http://www.bizstats.com/businesses.htm
http://www.bizstats.com/employment.htm
http://www.sba.gov/advo/stats/sbfaq.html#q2

Forum List

Back