Impeached v. Summarily Removed

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Flanders, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Flanders

Flanders ARCHCONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,575
    Hamlet famously asked “To be or not to be: that is the question.” Americans are now faced with a tricky question of their own: To impeach or to be summarily removed by Congress? Hamlet couldn’t answer his own question but he answers ours. I’ll get to Hamlet’s answer by starting with this:

Reining in presidential power to some degree would benefit the country tremendously. Aside from Biden becoming president not much else happens if Hussein is impeached and removed for writing executive orders.

More importantly, the forthcoming Supreme Court conference refers to eligibility:

Hamlet tells us Hussein ain’t going to be summarily removed from office by Congress:

To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
    But that the dread of something after death,
    The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
    No traveller returns, puzzles the will
    And makes us rather bear those ills we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?

The choice is living with the ills Hussein inflicted on the country, or fly to unknown ills by overturning everything he signed. Frankly, I would take the chance for no other reason than to get rid of Biden, too. If Hussein is removed for ineligibility Biden goes, too. If Hussein is impeached and removed for executive orders Biden becomes president. How’s that one for a Devil’s choice!

Here’s the link explaining some big doings bubbling beneath the media’s veneer:

2. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,539
    Who cares? Just get rid of that quack

3. PratchettFan

PratchettFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,706
    I understand this might be a radical idea, but wouldn't it be a good idea to wait and see exactly what is being proposed before we get out the rope and hot tar?

4. Flanders

Flanders ARCHCONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,575
    To PratchettFan: I would agree with you were it not for Hussein’s track record, Biden’s involvement, and the people who have expressed concern.

5. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Yep.

Impeaching a third Democratic President.

See how that works out.

And that with yet a single Republican President to be impeached. And plenty of reason to impeach at least 3 of them.

6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    they want to make sure the republican party dies in the tar pit they walked into.

They are the republican partys worst enemies

7. PratchettFan

PratchettFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,706
    You mean their record of doing absolutely nothing about gun control?

8. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,705
    Hamlet was fiction and Shakespeare died 500 years ago. The greatest document ever written allows for the impeachment of an elected official which is merely a trial.

9. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    You are joking with this, right? You simply cannot be serious. Obama's "imperial presidency"????

I want you to take a little trip with me down Memory Lane. The period: 2000 - 2008. Eight years. Ring any bells? George W. Bush. Dick Cheney. Remembering what went on during those eight years, you have the outrageous audacity to put up a slap-dick post like this accusing President Obama of engaging in an "imperial presidency"? You truly ought to be ashamed of yourself. Truly.

Bush/Cheny gave NEW DEFINITION to the term, "imperial presidency." Nixon started it. Bush and Cheney took it to previously unimagined heights. Dick Cheney was actually quoted as saying that, in his belief, there should be no checks whatsoever on the power of the president.

Do yourself a favor. Ask a Mod to delete this thread and we'll all pretend it never happened.

10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    I don't know what Dick Cheney actually said. I know what the democrat media said he said, but not what he really said. As the democrat controlled media is untrustworthy it's not to be relied upon.