Supreme Court rebuffs GOP

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
The Supreme Court on Monday turned down a plea by the national Republican Party to free it from a three-decades-old court order that limits its right to challenge voters’ qualifications. The Republican National Committee had argued that it has obeyed the order diligently and thus it should be lifted; the Democratic National Committee said that violations continue. The case was Republican National Committee v. Democratic National Committee (12-373). The Justices offered no explanation, as usual, for denying review.

http://www.scotusblog.com/

• Banned
Update:

GOP ballot challenge request denied (UPDATED) : SCOTUSblog

The States can continue to suppress the vote, apparently:

The decree binds only the national party, and not its state affiliates, who remain free to fashion their own “ballot security” programs. Some of the state GOP projects became the center of controversy during the 2012 presidential and congressional elections. Those were not mentioned in the filings in the RNC case at the Supreme Court.
"

that damned Conservative SC also affirmed ObamaCare...those bastards!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I must admit - even I am impressed by some recent decisions from The Supremes.

Having said that, "challenging voter qualifications" is Republican code for: Let's see - how many voters who are most likely to vote Democratic, can we "challenge" (i.e. disenfranchise) THIS time? Ever notice - you don't see the Democratic party "challenging voter qualifications," do you?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back