I'm white--been pulled over by cops for nothing illegal

....I was pulled over by a cop...he ran my plates...what was I doing illegal? NOTHING ..I had my old plates on a ''new'' used car
....so the cops pull over white people too ..I did not resist or drive away
I am white as well and was pulled over by a white cop who pulled his gun on me because he was the Resurrection of barney fife

....I was pulled over by a cop...he ran my plates...what was I doing illegal? NOTHING ..I had my old plates on a ''new'' used car
I am white as well and was pulled over by a white cop who pulled his gun on me because he was the Resurrection of barney fife
explanation?

I was pulled over back in January. I had not idea why and when I asked the cop he said my tags were expired. Luckily he checked and found out I did pay for new tags, I just forgot to put them on. He did tell me he was checking and running plates at random. I'm not black. Obviously, I cooperated and said the usual, "yes officer, no officer". Aside from making me late for an appt it was a relatively painless stop. But like I said, I was cordial and cooperated. Acting that way helps the officers and helps the process over along quicker. The Left should try that first before rioting and looting against police brutality. Well, actually not breaking the law is the first step.

explanation?
He pulled me over to a parking lot and I got out of my camaro to get my wallet out of my gymbag in the hatchback of the car, he got out of his car and unholstered his gun. He ordered me back in the car and ask me for my licence and I said I can't give it to you because it is in the back and I have to get out to get it. Then he did his well gollee gee barney fife act as I got my wallet

I was pulled over back in January. I had not idea why and when I asked the cop he said my tags were expired. Luckily he checked and found out I did pay for new tags, I just forgot to put them on. He did tell me he was checking and running plates at random. I'm not black. Obviously, I cooperated and said the usual, "yes officer, no officer". Aside from making me late for an appt it was a relatively painless stop. But like I said, I was cordial and cooperated. Acting that way helps the officers and helps the process over along quicker. The Left should try that first before rioting and looting against police brutality. Well, actually not breaking the law is the first step.

That whole breaking the law while carrying that boulder on their shoulder - gets them in a bad place.

Wow man, that’s a great story. Sounds like you totally know what it’s like being black because of that experience. Way to go!

explanation?
He pulled me over to a parking lot and I got out of my camaro to get my wallet out of my gymbag in the hatchback of the car, he got out of his car and unholstered his gun. He ordered me back in the car and ask me for my licence and I said I can't give it to you because it is in the back and I have to get out to get it. Then he did his well gollee gee barney fife act as I got my wallet

Every single rational person knows to stay in the car until you are told to get out.
Why make yourself a possible threat for no reason?

Wow man, that’s a great story. Sounds like you totally know what it’s like being black because of that experience. Way to go!

he didn't mention any bolder on his shoulder.

Happened to me 4 times in about a month. No lies. Due to an issue related to my father-in-law. Last time the guy pulled me over he apologized even before getting my license as he knew I wasn't 70 years old.

Another time pulled over while in a rental, and I had lost about $500 that night at the poker tables, so I wasn't in the best of moods. As long as the officer is professional, so must we be. We even shared a joke about the pizza I was bringing home and my CIA t-shirt ("do you work for the CIA?". "No, no"). I know I don't speed, drive reckless or break the law, so I'm cool.

Of anyone I should be the least trusting of police (though I have no record), but I have to be logical and know they aren't undercover targeting a teen and bullshitting their way to a career, they are doing an honorable job. So treat them as such as it all goes smoothly.

You'd never see me try and run from police, the odds of you getting away with that are exactly zero. Well maybe not zero, we have one guy in Toronto according to the papers who has been on the lam for 2 years, but, you're eventually going to face the music. The same for most crimes in 2020, the technology is heavily against you so don't tempt it.

I was pulled over once just because the cop didn't recognize my car. I was driving away from a visit to my mom's house. She lives in a very small, remote community about a half-hour from Tucson. County Sheriff's deputies who patrol that area basically know everyone who lives there and what they drive. When he saw my car and didn't recognize it, he was concerned that I might have been at her house for nefarious purposes.

For the record, I pulled over, answered his questions courteously . . . and then called the County Sheriff's office and explained that, while I appreciated the extra concern for my mom's security, the deputy would have been better served to take down my license plate number and check with my mother who I was, because pulling me over was an abuse of his authority.

explanation?
I got pulled over 15 times while I was in high school because I had a loud muscle car and would go cruising with my friends. Just about every time I got pulled over I would get out of the car. Meet the cop at the back of my car, talk about muscle cars and talk my way out of a ticket. Of course half the pull overs were them just making sure I wasn’t drunk, but the other half I got out of doing some pretty bad stuff behind the wheel. Guess whether I’m white or black...

explanation?

Every single rational person knows to stay in the car until you are told to get out.
..I carry my wallet in my bag.....I've always known to not get it before asking = common sense

If it was a statey, they have new cameras that can check plates almost instantly. Hard to get away with fake tags these days.

If it was a statey, they have new cameras that can check plates almost instantly. Hard to get away with fake tags these days.
..they go down parking lots/streets with them

explanation?

There is no such law, i did nothing wrong and the fact is that the way it played out I ended up laughing as I am now. This skinny dork would have been scared of a pigeon that looked at him the wrong way, though I just finished deadlifting 400 lbs

Today I got pulled over, apparently for my black tires.

He shot all 4 and then sped away.

I protested, though, cuz they had a white strip on them

I got pinched right on the street about 30 years ago for nothing.

I'm white, and I saw a guy on the street that owed some money. So I holler across the street at the mf'er . A cop was right there and told me to watch my language. I told the police officer that I was just exercising my Freedom of Speech and 1st Amendment rights and hollered again in my effort to collect.

The cops ran me right on into the station, over nothing, for merely exercising my rights under the Bill of Rights.

Forum List

Back