I’m sure everyone has seen that Trump is getting back into healthcare promises before the election.

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by deanrd, Jun 17, 2019.

1. deanrd

deanrd BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,542
    [​IMG]

What are you thinking about that? Does anybody believe Republicans have a healthcare plan for the majority of Americans?
    What would that plan look like?
    And who are those people Republicans feel shouldn’t be bothered with having health care.

2. Pete7469

Pete7469 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,702
    No matter what he comes up with, even if Bernie likes it, bed wetters like you will hate it and suddenly prefer free market pay as you go medical care. Turds like you are too consumed with hate too accept anything he does.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,837
    It's another Trump con.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Old Man Grumbles

Old Man Grumbles VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +804
    Politicians of all stripes promise the moon and when it's time to collect you get an 8 1/2 x 11 crayon colored moon drawing.

5. TheProgressivePatriot

TheProgressivePatriot Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    The commie infested, queer loving liberal NE USA
    Ratings:
    +8,130
    I think that this is what he may be talking about

Health Insurance Reimbursement in 2019: What Are the Options?

It's another bullshit private sector "solution" like infrastructure that never happened. The problem is that there is not information as to what incentives the Administration would offer small business to offer these reimbursnents, nor would they have offer them to employees at all. It needs to be tossed on the trash heap along with health savings accounts.

6. Leo123

Leo123 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,665
    Infrastructure was on the agenda but Pelosi fucked it over.

7. Jitss617

Jitss617 Gold Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,874
    Who doesn’t have access?

8. Grace Is Stoked

Grace Is Stoked Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +159
    In my opinion I unfortunately believe that our current healthcare system is broken to a point that it's not "fixable" by simply just layering on new legislation every four to eight years based on the political party in power. On the other hand I don't think it's very realistic to scrap the whole system and start from scratch either since it would possibly harm or threaten millions of people during that time unless there was a good plan in place. I don't know what Trump's potential plan will be but for me a 100% private healthcare plan is unsustainable and a 100% "free" healthcare system is unrealistic.

I personally think healthcare for children, the elderly, and the permanently disabled should certainly be "free" for them and maintained by increased taxes from all other citizens and businesses. For the rest of us we should pay an annual deductible which would guarantee accessible and what would then be "free" healthcare in public hospitals and clinics for us for the full year. If you do not want to pay the annual deductible for whatever reason then you can still receive services but you'd just pay out of pocket the cost of that service which could be significantly higher. It's not perfect but it's a start and a blending of different potential lines of thought.

9. Jitss617

Jitss617 Gold Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,874
    Move out this country is based on limited government! So sick of people that want America to fail

10. Grace Is Stoked

Grace Is Stoked Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Please keep in mind that our government is only as limited as we allow it to be, and the concept of limited government does not mean that there should be a suppression of ideas when it comes to the direction of government or that any prospects of new powers be granted to our government should mean the person advocating for that change should be forced or bullied out of the country. I don’t want America to fail, it’s the opposite. I think there are ways to address the healthcare issue in this country without going to the extremes on either end.