I'm starting to sour on Trump

I think Trump is a troubled candidate. He doesn't have any kind of vision. It's all just empty passionate intensity not rooted in anything practical that he could do to help make the country work better.

It's all nice and good to say Hillary Clinton would suck, but what the hell is he actually going to do and how is he going to pay for it? Nobody knows.

And I think you're a troubled radical centrist. Trump has written two books now, outlining his specific plans in detail. I'm quite sure they are both available on Amazon if you wish to order them. If you're just going to turn on the evening news and expect the talking head to tell you what Trump's specific plans are, you're going to be disappointed. Likewise, if you're going to turn on the Sunday talk shows and expect them to tell you what Trump's specific plans are, you're not going to hear much.
Plans? Take a look at his official website. He doesn't have a written position on the most important issues, just comments in interviews and rallies. There is nothing about budget, deficits, or foreign policy, except trade with China, nothing about terrorism. His position on deporting illegal immigrants is the same as it is now except for building a wall, not a word about his all must go claim. He has no position on refugees, no position on same sex marriage, no position on Medicare, Social Security, education, or the environment. Basically, Trump creates issues and takes a position on them ignoring the real issues.

I'm sure glad he ran as a republican. When he crashes and burns it will not be pretty for anyone onbard.
That's why there is only one governor that's endorsed Trump, Sarah Palin former governor of Alaska, the fifty year old cheerleader who has now discovered where Russia is located.

In Congress, most Republican congressmen have endorsed candidates, yet only one congressman has endorsed Trump, Virgil Goode, the anti-Muslim sometimes Republican, sometimes Democrat from Virginia who ran for president in 2012.

The fear in the GOP is Trump is going take down a number of Republican congressmen in a general election.

And I think you're a troubled radical centrist. Trump has written two books now, outlining his specific plans in detail. I'm quite sure they are both available on Amazon if you wish to order them. If you're just going to turn on the evening news and expect the talking head to tell you what Trump's specific plans are, you're going to be disappointed. Likewise, if you're going to turn on the Sunday talk shows and expect them to tell you what Trump's specific plans are, you're not going to hear much.
Plans? Take a look at his official website. He doesn't have a written position on the most important issues, just comments in interviews and rallies. There is nothing about budget, deficits, or foreign policy, except trade with China, nothing about terrorism. His position on deporting illegal immigrants is the same as it is now except for building a wall, not a word about his all must go claim. He has no position on refugees, no position on same sex marriage, no position on Medicare, Social Security, education, or the environment. Basically, Trump creates issues and takes a position on them ignoring the real issues.

What are Hillary's plans for terrorism? Let some more ambassadors be executed and drug through the streets? How can this bitch even have the nerve to run for president?
I suspect she's going to treat terrorism as a crime. I doubt that she is going advocate policies that would punish the many for the crimes of the few. I'm pretty sure she's not going to declare war on 1.6 billion Muslims, make religion a criteria for entering the United States, and spend 400 to 600 billion dollars deporting 11 million undocumented immigrants. Nor is she going create a new healthcare plan such as Trump has promised which "will take care of everybody". Clinton's position on the issues are clearly stated on her official web site.

Clinton is the by far worst possible choice! The way she laughed at what the C.I.A mercenaries/terrorist did to the Libyan leader should give the people some insight into her true pathology.

No doubt about it, voting for the big liar Hillary is voting for the enormous carnage that comes with a World War. No doubt about it in her vast inexperience nuclear weapons will be used and a World War will start.

Hillary is mad. You can even see it in her eyes sometimes. Add a little international pressure and Hillary will bring an end to this entire country by her enormous mistakes.

Madness and power is called doom.

What on earth makes her think she can be president of the United States anyway????

Just because her husband was president?

Now it's my turn now? Is this her arrogant thinking?

She is far from being even remotely qualified!

She would be a puppet that the whole world would despise, except for Israel.

Are you not even tried of hearing the sound of her voice yet?
In your opinion.
IMHO, she has more experience and knowledge of government, congress, law, foreign policy, and politics than Sanders and certainly more than both Trump and Cruz combined. I'll go with experience and knowledge over political propaganda, suspicion and innuendo.

All of the sudden, none of that matters. Funny how it mattered every time Obama's name was mentioned but now...not at all.

When you have to sacrifice your principles you are in trouble. Hence the discontent in the GOP and their supporters.

What are Hillary's plans for terrorism? Let some more ambassadors be executed and drug through the streets? How can this bitch even have the nerve to run for president?
I suspect she's going to treat terrorism as a crime. I doubt that she is going advocate policies that would punish the many for the crimes of the few. I'm pretty sure she's not going to declare war on 1.6 billion Muslims, make religion a criteria for entering the United States, and spend 400 to 600 billion dollars deporting 11 million undocumented immigrants. Nor is she going create a new healthcare plan such as Trump has promised which "will take care of everybody". Clinton's position on the issues are clearly stated on her official web site.

Clinton is the by far worst possible choice! The way she laughed at what the C.I.A mercenaries/terrorist did to the Libyan leader should give the people some insight into her true pathology.

No doubt about it, voting for the big liar Hillary is voting for the enormous carnage that comes with a World War. No doubt about it in her vast inexperience nuclear weapons will be used and a World War will start.

Hillary is mad. You can even see it in her eyes sometimes. Add a little international pressure and Hillary will bring an end to this entire country by her enormous mistakes.

What on earth makes her think she can be president of the United States anyway????

In your opinion.
IMHO, she has more experience and knowledge of government, congress, law, foreign policy, and politics than Sanders and certainly more than both Trump and Cruz combined. I'll go with experience and knowledge over political propaganda, suspicion and innuendo.

Hillary has more of the wrong type of experience, and that's the type of experience Americans now detest. The politicians all belong in hollywood where lying is not detestable because everyone understands it's make believe. Americans are no fools and are sick and tried the make believe.

No Al Qaeda wired the twin towers with explosives that's make believe. No jumbo jets hit the Pentagon that's make believe. Obama is not fighting ISIS/Al Qaeda it's all make believe. It's all lies. Corruption is the experience hillary and all the rest of the politicians taking Zionist money know. In terms of upholding the Constitution they are clueless. The more all the sell out politicians accept money from the zionist the more America becomes like the Israeli police state government.

A politician in America has -0 intergrity! This is why the non-politicians who understand upholding the Constitution, not the Washington establishment, or the political parties dictate how those elected to office should operate. They will win all the offices of the political lemmings who follow the Zionist.

As Trump say's it's really time to clean house, or "we won't have a Government".

Last edited:

In your opinion.

All of the sudden, none of that matters. Funny how it mattered every time Obama's name was mentioned but now...not at all.

When you have to sacrifice your principles you are in trouble. Hence the discontent in the GOP and their supporters.
The discontent in the GOP is due to conservatives selling supporters on ideas that are just not doable, paying down the national debt, doing away with most the federal government, privatizing social security, abolishing Medicare, mass deportations of illegal immigrants, abandoning monetary management, deregulation, a flat tax, redefining citizenship, returning to the goal standard, dumping the UN and IMF, etc..

Even with a loony toon president such as Trump and a GOP control of government, none of this is going to happen because no one knows how to implement these ideas without massive upheavals in the economy and our relationships with other nations. The best that these discontents can hope for is token legislation designed to do little or nothing except keep their supporters in office.

In your opinion.

The discontent in the GOP is due to conservatives selling supporters on ideas that are just not doable, paying down the national debt, doing away with most the federal government, privatizing social security, abolishing Medicare, mass deportations of illegal immigrants, abandoning monetary management, deregulation, a flat tax, redefining citizenship, returning to the goal standard, dumping the UN and IMF, etc..

Even with a loony toon president such as Trump and a GOP control of government, none of this is going to happen because no one knows how to implement these ideas without massive upheavals in the economy and our relationships with other nations. The best that these discontents can hope for is token legislation designed to do little or nothing except keep their supporters in office.
Not sure what the "goal" standard is. Anyway.
The American people have had a bellyfull of politicians bullshit lies. The final straw was the first 'AA' president.
As the choice of who the nomination will be sinks in you'll see virtually every REP Congressman and Senator back Trump. They know there is a 'down ballot' fucking Tsunami of fucking LIB politicians losing at every government level coming.

In your opinion.

The American people have had a bellyfull of politicians bullshit lies. The final straw was the first 'AA' president.
As the choice of who the nomination will be sinks in you'll see virtually every REP Congressman and Senator back Trump. They know there is a 'down ballot' fucking Tsunami of fucking LIB politicians losing at every government level coming.
I have no doubt that most Republican congressmen will endorse the ticket but that doesn't mean they will carry forward Trump's message or even do any serious campaigning for him. Trump is very unpopular among Independents and Democrats according to the national polls. In fact, most Republicans, not primary voters have a very unfavorable opinion of him. He's also proved to be unpredictable and quite likely to lash out against anyone or any group it the notion hits him. This scares the shit out of incumbents on the ticket, which is why they don't endorse him. It's quite likely that any incumbent that get's in bed with Trump is going to get screwed.

In your opinion.

I have no doubt that most Republican congressmen will endorse the ticket but that doesn't mean they will carry forward Trump's message or even do any serious campaigning for him. Trump is very unpopular among Independents and Democrats according to the national polls. In fact, most Republicans, not primary voters have a very unfavorable opinion of him. He's also proved to be unpredictable and quite likely to lash out against anyone or any group it the notion hits him. This scares the shit out of incumbents on the ticket, which is why they don't endorse him. It's quite likely that any incumbent that get's in bed with Trump is going to get screwed.
folks in washington love reelection wayyyyyy too much to not do something when Trump takes office. Watch the show in a year.

There are certainly some establishment republicans who would rather Hillary win the election because they can work with Hillary. At this time, there are countless people who don't like Trump and hope that he doesn't win. They won't campaign for him, they will campaign against him until the bitter end... BUT......

Once the man becomes elected President, all these things change. It's not about personality anymore, it's about political power and control of said power. So.... You're a Republican (or Democrat) who's state went heavily in favor of Trump.... you're telling me you would obfuscate and work against him in Congress, despite what your constituency clearly had to say? That would be called "political suicide" in most people's books.

IF Trump wins, he will have the majority of voter-backed support in America. There will be no shortage of people who want to jump on the Trump Bandwagon... or private jet. It's just how politics work in this country... ask James Carville.

As for him winning the election... I think something that everyone is overlooking is Trump's appeal to those who don't normally vote. The polls register responses from "likely voters" or people who voted in the last election, etc. They don't generally pay much attention to the non-voter and I think Trump has the ability to go after that demographic in ways that no other politician of our time has. I may be wrong but I think he will have millions who show up to vote for him, who would have never thought of voting for the cookie-cutter Democrat or Republican politician. Time will tell.

In your opinion.

I'm going to disagree with you.

The discontent in the GOP is due to being rebuked by the American people in 5 of the last 6 popular votes and 4 of the last 6 elections. And most would agree that the eight years they did occupy the Oval Office were pretty much a disaster from every standpoint; unfunded wars, unfunded Medicare Part D, intelligence failures on a monumental scale, manipulating the threat level to win an election, a shunning of science (based on religion no less) to prevent stem cell research, lax regulatory environment that is still endangering Americans today, politicization of the intelligence community, HHS, and even the Department of Education. Did I mention TARP? Republicans that I used to believe in were for the sensible center and acted as the grown-ups in the room They got away from that and started losing elections--who'd a thunk it????--and have become a silly "What if we do this" party. Suffice to say; one of the two men leading the polls for the GOP nomination thinks that we shouldn't pay our bills and default on them. Can you imagine Alan Simpson or Bob Dole saying that? I mean...can you imagine your father remotely contemplating that he default on his bills? Now the GOP is seriously contemplating that the nation not pay it's bills.

The reason for discontent is that you still have some of the Simpson/Dole types but the cartoonish Cruz/Paul believers are quite vocal. As with all matters in the media, the loudest party gets attention. The attention is disconcerting to those who are wondering what has happened to their party. Meanwhile, the politics of the matter are bleak as they know that the Cruz/Paul types are not able to convince independents to join the suicide pact of default. Trump, who could have been a welcome addition, has alienated nearly every voting block the GOP needs despite the hopeful appraisals from his supporters. One need only look at open secrets to see who is giving money to his campaign (he is not self-funding) to see that very few women are backing him. In most years the gender gap is important. When you're likely running against the first woman to head a major party's presidential ticket...it's crucial to put a dent in those numbers.

If the Presidency wasn't at stake, it would be funny. Unfortunately it is at stake and this isn't funny despite the light treatment we give it here.

There are certainly some establishment republicans who would rather Hillary win the election because they can work with Hillary. At this time, there are countless people who don't like Trump and hope that he doesn't win. They won't campaign for him, they will campaign against him until the bitter end... BUT......

Once the man becomes elected President, all these things change. It's not about personality anymore, it's about political power and control of said power. So.... You're a Republican (or Democrat) who's state went heavily in favor of Trump.... you're telling me you would obfuscate and work against him in Congress, despite what your constituency clearly had to say? That would be called "political suicide" in most people's books.

IF Trump wins, he will have the majority of voter-backed support in America. There will be no shortage of people who want to jump on the Trump Bandwagon... or private jet. It's just how politics work in this country... ask James Carville.

As for him winning the election... I think something that everyone is overlooking is Trump's appeal to those who don't normally vote. The polls register responses from "likely voters" or people who voted in the last election, etc. They don't generally pay much attention to the non-voter and I think Trump has the ability to go after that demographic in ways that no other politician of our time has. I may be wrong but I think he will have millions who show up to vote for him, who would have never thought of voting for the cookie-cutter Democrat or Republican politician. Time will tell.
I'm not going to comment on what politicians might do if Trump were elected because Trump is completely unpredictable.

As far as unlikely voters, Trump might well strike a favorable note with some of the unlikely voters but their demographics suggest that these voters will not go for Trump. Most registered voters who don't vote are younger voters in 21 to 34 and are register as Democrats. Most of Trump supporters are 45 to 64 and are registered Republicans. Most of these unlikely voters are also Single where most Trump supporters are married. Also, registered non-voters tend to have a favorable opinion of government where Trump supporters see government as a problem.

The basic problem that Trump faces is that he's alienated not just Democrats but Republicans. That means lack luster support from a lot of Republicans and Democrats that will vote for anyone but Trump. I've been watching elections for over 50 years and I have never seen a candidate that generates as much hatred from his own party as Trump does. .

Most registered voters who don't vote are younger voters in 21 to 34 and are register as Democrats.

But I am not talking about "registered voters who don't vote" am I?

Let's take this really SLOWWW.... Only about half the country will vote in a typical election. THAT means, there is half the country who will not typically vote... they're not registered ANYTHINGS because...well.... they don't fucking vote! They didn't vote last election or the one before or the one before... they may not ever have voted.... but.... With Trump, they MIGHT.

I don't know that they will... don't know how many there will be... but there is a whole YUUUUGE demographic that is untapped and you better believe Trump is smart enough to know this and go after those people. As a celebrity who is a self-promoter and a populist, he can do this better than any politician.

I've been watching elections for over 50 years and I have never seen a candidate that generates as much hatred from his own party as Trump does.

I've been watching for 50 years and I've never seen a candidate like Trump. There have indeed been candidates who were not very popular with the establishment of their party... Ronald Reagan comes to mind. The GOP would have rather had ANYONE but Reagan.

Most registered voters who don't vote are younger voters in 21 to 34 and are register as Democrats.

Let's take this really SLOWWW.... Only about half the country will vote in a typical election. THAT means, there is half the country who will not typically vote... they're not registered ANYTHINGS because...well.... they don't fucking vote! They didn't vote last election or the one before or the one before... they may not ever have voted.... but.... With Trump, they MIGHT.

I don't know that they will... don't know how many there will be... but there is a whole YUUUUGE demographic that is untapped and you better believe Trump is smart enough to know this and go after those people. As a celebrity who is a self-promoter and a populist, he can do this better than any politician.

I've been watching elections for over 50 years and I have never seen a candidate that generates as much hatred from his own party as Trump does.

I've been watching for 50 years and I've never seen a candidate like Trump. There have indeed been candidates who were not very popular with the establishment of their party... Ronald Reagan comes to mind. The GOP would have rather had ANYONE but Reagan.

The comparison of Trump and Reagan as insurgents is stupid.

Reagan, who ran in '76 and lost and a former governor of California had some political chops. Trump has none.

The comparison of Trump and Reagan as insurgents is stupid.

Reagan, who ran in '76 and lost and a former governor of California had some political chops. Trump has none.

Was not the comparison I made. The argument I was addressing was Trump being opposed by his own party. In '76, the GOPes nominated Ford... wouldn't even pick Reagan as the VP... They didn't like Reagan. In '80, he campaigned against the grain of the elites... Remember: "I paid for this mic!" That was from a Republican debate where the GOPes were trying to muscle him out. Remember "voodoo economics" ...that was his GOPE soon-to-be running mate campaigning AGAINST him. He was disliked by the party elite just as much as Trump is disliked today... but that's who the people voted for.

You can register as a Republican, Democrat, Independent, or Undeclared in 31 states. The remaining states no longer record party affiliation. You just have to register.
Unlikely voters are registered voters who rarely vote. They number about 20 to 30 million in presidential elections. These voters are not likely to vote for Trump for several reasons.

These voters don't vote, not because they are dissatisfied with government but rather because they're willing to let other make the decisions. Gallup surveys have found they generally have a favorable view of government unlike Trump supporters..

When they do vote, they are more likely to vote Democrat.

Republican voters are more likely to show up at the polls on election day than Democrats. Therefore Democrats mount large registration, and get out the vote campaigns compared to Republicans and it's these unlikely voters that are their target.

Ronald Reagan enjoyed huge popularity in the primaries. His only completion was George H. Bush who became his running mate. Reagan won 44 primaries and Bush won 6 in 1980. Unlike Trump he had the endorsements of over half the Republican congressmen and many governors before the first primary. Unlike Trump, Reagan was devoted to the Republican party and the party was devoted to him resulting in a landslide victory.

Last edited:
Unlikely voters are registered voters who rarely vote.

Again... don't know why this is not penetrating your marble-like cranium... but I am not talking about any kind of REGISTERED voter. I am specifically talking about the 50% who never vote and aren't registered to vote. Not "unlikely registered voters who rarely vote" as you said.

Fact is, you don't have any polling information on those people because they are highly ignored as irrelevant.... and rightly so... they don't vote so why worry about them? But the thing is... they DO exist... they CAN vote. Just because they HAVEN'T doesn't mean they WON'T!

Again... don't know why this is not penetrating your marble-like cranium... but I am not talking about any kind of REGISTERED voter. I am specifically talking about the 50% who never vote and aren't registered to vote. Not "unlikely registered voters who rarely vote" as you said.

Fact is, you don't have any polling information on those people because they are highly ignored as irrelevant.... and rightly so... they don't vote so why worry about them? But the thing is... they DO exist... they CAN vote. Just because they HAVEN'T doesn't mean they WON'T!
I think anyone who hasn't voted for Obama will not vote in the future.

Do you know who these unregistered voter are? They are likely to be recent arrivals in the neighborhood with little interest in government but generally have a favorable view of government.. They are disproportionately low income people of color and Hispanics. The majority are on some form of government assistance. They have less education and are younger than register voters.

I think a voter registration program would be a totally waste of money for Trump. If these people vote at all, it will be for Democrats.

Do you know who these unregistered voter are? They are likely to be recent arrivals in the neighborhood with little interest in government but generally have a favorable view of government.. They are disproportionately low income people of color and Hispanics. The majority are on some form of government assistance. They have less education and are younger than register voters.

I think a voter registration program would be a totally waste of money for Trump. If these people vote at all, it will be for Democrats.

No... they are likely to be people who just don't get into politics. They don't really fit in any particular demographic, they are all over the board and from every walk of life. They can name more Kardashians than Supreme Court Justices. They know who Paris Hilton is dating but couldn't tell you who is the ruler of North Korea. These people know Trump from TV and entertainment... he is a pop culture icon. There is a real good chance that Trump can appeal to these people in ways that other politicians can't. Now... maybe not the full 50% of them... some will continue their habits of being disinterested and disassociated. But if Trump can tap in to 10~15% of them, it's game over baby, he will win the election with votes no one ever knew existed.

No... they are likely to be people who just don't get into politics. They don't really fit in any particular demographic, they are all over the board and from every walk of life. They can name more Kardashians than Supreme Court Justices. They know who Paris Hilton is dating but couldn't tell you who is the ruler of North Korea. These people know Trump from TV and entertainment... he is a pop culture icon. There is a real good chance that Trump can appeal to these people in ways that other politicians can't. Now... maybe not the full 50% of them... some will continue their habits of being disinterested and disassociated. But if Trump can tap in to 10~15% of them, it's game over baby, he will win the election with votes no one ever knew existed.
Not if the Democrats do the same. I think Democrats are far more likely to do so because that is exactly what they do in election after election with registration drives and get out the vote campaigns.

Forum List

Back