I’m So Old I Remember When Universities Promoted Free Thinking

In the early 1990's, I attended a State college - Salem State College in Massachusetts. It was late turned into a University.
The professors there at the time knew that if we (the students) were not properly taught - our American history would be easily erased. But not just our history as we know it - but everything else.
Although it wasn't a liberal college - it is now. And I am quite stunned (yes, I know I shouldn't be) and mad at the way these colleges ant to head their student in the future - and I don't mean in 2019.
We did have some liberal professors at the University. But they weren't as radical as some are today. I have not been back to my old college for 30 years. But I am can only imagine it has gotten worse.

That is why in part, I do not like Common core. I am not sure if it reached all of the colleges around the nation. But I know most high schools have - are starting to - adapt to that stupid program.

It's ashame that these kids have to be forced to be taught. Even though, they did have a choice of college to attend. Some were duped into believing what course they would be taking would not have any liberal values. But once they got in through admission, it's too late. They are already halfway into their second or third semester. IMO

In the early 1990's, I attended a State college - Salem State College in Massachusetts. It was late turned into a University.
The professors there at the time knew that if we (the students) were not properly taught - our American history would be easily erased. But not just our history as we know it - but everything else.
Although it wasn't a liberal college - it is now. And I am quite stunned (yes, I know I shouldn't be) and mad at the way these colleges ant to head their student in the future - and I don't mean in 2019.
We did have some liberal professors at the University. But they weren't as radical as some are today. I have not been back to my old college for 30 years. But I am can only imagine it has gotten worse.

That is why in part, I do not like Common core. I am not sure if it reached all of the colleges around the nation. But I know most high schools have - are starting to - adapt to that stupid program.

It's ashame that these kids have to be forced to be taught. Even though, they did have a choice of college to attend. Some were duped into believing what course they would be taking would not have any liberal values. But once they got in through admission, it's too late. They are already halfway into their second or third semester. IMO

Common Core has nothing to do with college curricula. Your professors must have used witchcraft on your vulnerable brain.

Forum List

Back