I'm not ashamed of my country; But I'm very embarrassed by it.

If Romney wins....

Our country will still be fat, spoiled, undisciplined, whiny, lazy and stupid. Well, not all of us, just about 30% of us. Thank God for the other 70% of we'd be fucked.

I disagree. I think it will depend on who wins congress and by what margin.

Even if the GOP wins all 3 by landslide..........

Our nation will still be soft, lazy, and morbidly obese. Our kids still wont get discipline at home or school (for the most part, this is general). The "occupy" crowd will be even whinier. All true.

BUT...if left wingers are voted out, at least we MIGHT be on a track to fix it in a few decades.

Yep the GOP had all 3 for a while there and seemed to not do much of anything in a positive direction, jsut spend more money.

I loved the thread someone posted about being ashamed of his country. I agree with much of what he said. However, I'm gonna say I'm not ashamed of America. Thats a very permanent term to me. I am embarrassed right now of America though. Kinda like having kids that you love dearly, but they do something publicly that is very embarrassing. Thats how I feel.

When I see the world's wealthiest nation, with so much opportunity, and then hordes of kids "occupying" areas for a cause even they can't articulate, it's embarrassing. They demand the world be handed to them. They demand that they be excused from having to climb the same workforce ladder all of us did. They demand they get their 5 years of drinking and partying in college, but for free. They demand, demand, demand, demand.....but I ask, what do they OFFER in return?

When I see clowns like Al Sharpton marching in the streets every time an incident occurs that they can conveniently twist as racism, while at the same time that race is fighting a war against itself in our inner cities and they say/do nothing about that. As a retired cop, it broke my heart going to almost weekly incidents of black on black murder.......and seeing the wonderful families that were destroyed because their 16 and 19 year olds got the idea in their head that they needed to carry pistols and kill those who dont "respect" them. One would think the first black (fill in the blank) events over the last 20-30 years would provide enough good role models to start slowing that trend. It's accelerating.

When I see how FAT AND DISGUSTINGLY OBESE our country has become, I wanna throw a hammer at a window. When I sit in a public restaurant and see a 500 pound cow-man shoveling cheesecake into his face after polishing off a 20 oz steak and beer, I wanna puke. OF course, they'll demand MORE PILLS (yeah, just what America needs, more pills) to treat the side affects of being so fat.

And speaking of pills, who is NOT on something these days? We've diagnosed normal, human emotions as (fill in the blank)-disorder. Do you have a 13 year old kid who is "hyper, defiant, anxious, moody"???? We got the pill for him!!!! (a condition known as puberty btw).

And last, but not least, political correctness has killed any shot at our nation having real issues solved. Just my most recent pet peeve is the sports world, and my beloved sport of football. The PC eggheads are tinkering with that wonderful game, which has built so many young men into better men, to the point that players can no longer hit, coaches can't yell. That mindset echoes throughout all of our society, where we are trying to morph everyone into nice little politically correct robots......who probably take about 10 pills to cure their fatness so they can go march in some stupid protest.

Goddamn commie bastards of the NFL not letting a defender launch himself off the ground and use his helmet to strike a player in a defenseless posture in the head or neck, Shit that's what football is all about isn't it? Blindsiding the defenseless?.....Wait a minute, no it doesn't, the league is doing this not some PC advocacy group.......

Frankly the most embarassing thing about America can be found at the extremes.

Forum List

Back