I'm having trouble figuring this one out

So, if the OWS parasites are to be given a big pat on the back for the succes of the very businesses they would like to burn to the ground, who gets the credit for their failure to thrive, what with all this infrastructure that they could be using to some benefit? Do we all build failure together as well?

Big business prefers to get 100% credit for their success while placing 100% credit for any failures they may have on government and/or society.

What's your point?

I'm just trying to figure out if you think you also deserve credit for the failures of people you have never met, given that you believe you are deserving of some credit for all the successes in this country.

If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

No amount of spinning by the left can erase his "Dukakis in a Tank" moment...

He really is lost without his teleprompter... It allows someone else to make his words happen...
I was just wondering if the TOTUS was with him. It for sure wasn't?

I don't know... I am just assuming he said what he did on his own...

If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

He really is lost without his teleprompter... It allows someone else to make his words happen...

What spin? Individual businesses did not build our road system, our internet system - these things were built by a collective effort of the People acting through government and private enterprise. I'm not sure why you think otherwise.

What makes liberalism possible is doublethink: The ability to believe two mutually-exclusive ideas at the same time.

In this instance, it's the ideas that:

1. When we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.

and

2. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

Doublethink.

"That" refers to the things that we do together.

Are you seriously this stupid?
"That" refers to the business.

There is absolutely no credible way to claim otherwise. But that didn't stop you.

So, if the OWS parasites are to be given a big pat on the back for the succes of the very businesses they would like to burn to the ground, who gets the credit for their failure to thrive, what with all this infrastructure that they could be using to some benefit? Do we all build failure together as well?

Big business prefers to get 100% credit for their success while placing 100% credit for any failures they may have on government and/or society.

What's your point?

I'm just trying to figure out if you think you also deserve credit for the failures of people you have never met, given that you believe you are deserving of some credit for all the successes in this country.

How is that a given? I never said it. Obama didn't either. In fact if you could read English, you'd know he was saying that as a group we are responsible for providing individual businesses with many of the things they need to succeed. So its not MY credit because I can't build a road or an internet all on my own.

What spin? Individual businesses did not build our road system, our internet system - these things were built by a collective effort of the People acting through government and private enterprise. I'm not sure why you think otherwise.
But he didn't say that. He said: "If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen."

He COULD have said, "If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that on your own. Somebody helped you along the way".

The first sentence is bad enough, but he confirmed it with the second one: "Somebody else made that happen."

Individualism is the devil.

Not doublethink. He said exactly what he meant.

Why didn't he say, "If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that alone. Somebody else had to help you along the way"? He didn't say it because he meant exactly what he said. No individualism allowed.

The emperor is naked. (Has been for sometime.)

The doublethinkers are the Obamabots.

No matter what Obama says, it Must Be Believed. Period. Even if it contradicts earlier statements. And the earlier statement is true, too.

Businesses did not succeed or fail based upon the roads their customers travel...

I'm not sure why you think they did....

What's your point?

How is that a given? I never said it. Obama didn't either. In fact if you could read English, you'd know he was saying that as a group we are responsible for providing individual businesses with many of the things they need to succeed. So its not MY credit because I can't build a road or an internet all on my own.

But you do deserve some credit, righT? Presumably you help pay for that infrastructure.

What makes liberalism possible is doublethink: The ability to believe two mutually-exclusive ideas at the same time.

1. When we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.

and

2. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

Doublethink.

No, 'that' refers to 'business'. Simple antecedent for a pronoun. Simple grammar.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.

I thought Obama was saying that businesses succeed ONLY because of big government.

Why did he say the above, then?

I see your problem. When you become a modern republican a large portion of your brain dies. Either that or it leaps out of your head to avoid the complete idiocy that has infected your skull. This part of your brain also allows you to process everything you see into a coherent picture. This leads to a medical condition called selective blindness. We often grow out of this condition after we grow out of our teenage years, but republicans are special. This conditions allows republicans to live in a special world of their own making where Obama cannot do anything right even when he does exactly what they want, and it allows them to avoid any and all wrongdoing by members of their own party.

This condition bares a striking resemblance to people who have suffered massive brain damage altering their perception of the world to the point where they can no longer see what everyone else sees. It has been hypothesized that a person with a fully functional brain can become a republican through the use of blunt force trauma to their skull.

It sure took a lot of verbal diarrhea for you to say "you're stupid."

and

Doublethink.

There is absolutely no credible way to claim otherwise. But that didn't stop you.

"That" refers to the things I've put in bold face:

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

Its made obvious that's what "that" refers to by the things I've put underlined.

You're quite obviously retarded. Its really sad you're such a sheep you can't even read basic English.

"That" refers to the things I've put in bold face:

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

Its made obvious that's what "that" refers to by the things I've put underlined.

You're quite obviously retarded. Its really sad you're such a sheep you can't even read basic English.
If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that.

The antecedent for 'that' is business.

Shall I define an antecedent for you?

It's only their own if they're the only person on the planet and they built their business from scratch without help from anyone - including animals. Imagine that...

No, it's their own, REGARDLESS. You or anyone else has the opportunity to do the same thing in this country, that's why millions of people around the world are STILL trying to get here.

It's nobody's fault but your own if you don't DO something with that opportunity.

If they can do it all on their own why would they need to come here?

Because people like Obama run the government in other countries and they will shut you down.

Solyndra, utilizing the same road system and interwebs that other businesses utilized FAILED... (despite being given over a half billion dollars of taxpayer money)...

Edit: corrected "million" to "billion"...

Last edited:
You are someone that agrees that the successful enjoy their success a bit too much, and must thus be brought down several notches, through both taxation and rhetorical flourish. That is why you see no issue with a president telling the successful, whom he wants to soak, that their success is not really their own. You have the perspective of a parasite. Just accept it.
"That's a wrap"
Lol

What's your point?
Oh, you mean like Obama blaming Solyndra for their failure?

Oh, wait...

I see your problem. When you become a modern republican a large portion of your brain dies. Either that or it leaps out of your head to avoid the complete idiocy that has infected your skull. This part of your brain also allows you to process everything you see into a coherent picture. This leads to a medical condition called selective blindness. We often grow out of this condition after we grow out of our teenage years, but republicans are special. This conditions allows republicans to live in a special world of their own making where Obama cannot do anything right even when he does exactly what they want, and it allows them to avoid any and all wrongdoing by members of their own party.

This condition bares a striking resemblance to people who have suffered massive brain damage altering their perception of the world to the point where they can no longer see what everyone else sees. It has been hypothesized that a person with a fully functional brain can become a republican through the use of blunt force trauma to their skull.

You really are a joke.

Proof positive about the teenage mindset. Seriously, was that the best your damaged republican mind can come up with? It is OK, you are a special little man, now go get the nurse I am pretty sure you pooped your pants.
Talking smack would be more credible if you weren't flying a My Little Pony avatar.

Forum List

Back