I'm done with this website

Yup. You get the good, the bad, and the ugly at USMB as much as you will anywhere but the good can be very very good and you can unsubscribe to the bad or just not check into what is obviously a troll thread in the first place.

It's tough in any new town though. For awhile everybody feels like an outsider because they don't know anybody. Also, a decent newbie can sort of be ignored until the regulars figure out he or she isn't just another driveby. But those who persevere, pretty soon their screenname is also a household word and they're fitting right in. That's true even in the politics/religion free zone in the Coffee Shop.

And of course those who come in as trolls or chronic critics won't be all that well received here any more than such are well received in real life.

Yup. You get the good, the bad, and the ugly at USMB as much as you will anywhere but the good can be very very good and you can unsubscribe to the bad or just not check into what is obviously a troll thread in the first place.

It's tough in any new town though. For awhile everybody feels like an outsider because they don't know anybody. Also, a decent newbie can sort of be ignored until the regulars figure out he or she isn't just another driveby. But those who persevere, pretty soon their screenname is also a household word and they're fitting right in. That's true even in the politics/religion free zone in the Coffee Shop.

And of course those who come in as trolls or chronic critics won't be all that well received here any more than such are well received in real life.

Coming on strong upon arrival isn't the best move for a message board noob. We learn these things the hard way. It's like any other section of society. You keep your head down until you know the lay of the land. And try to be gracious to your hosts. Pick your battles and know your opponents.

Coming on strong upon arrival isn't the best move for a message board noob. We learn these things the hard way. It's like any other section of society. You keep your head down until you know the lay of the land. And try to be gracious to your hosts. Pick your battles and know your opponents.

I agree ! It is best to start out simple and let it build like I did on my introductory post:

Why can't we Talk?

Well, we can talk, unless you are one of those zombie, vampire goulish neo con christian fascists that has brought my country to it's knees. There is a nine to one ratio of multinational corporate owned media that proactively divert Americas attention from the critical to the trivial. OK call me a hater, I don't care. I believe it is our duty to fight back the noise and bring light and justice to the debate...and possibly a little retrobution.

See how simple it is!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

I agree ! It is best to start out simple and let it build like I did on my introductory post:

Why can't we Talk?

Well, we can talk, unless you are one of those zombie, vampire goulish neo con christian fascists that has brought my country to it's knees. There is a nine to one ratio of multinational corporate owned media that proactively divert Americas attention from the critical to the trivial. OK call me a hater, I don't care. I believe it is our duty to fight back the noise and bring light and justice to the debate...and possibly a little retrobution.

See how simple it is!!!!

Way to enter gently, Huggy.

:clap2:

I'm done with this website

I'm not. I won't stop until Frankie and AlliBaba and Politicalchick and so many others see things my way. I'm not fuckin kidding around you goofs. I have the stamina of a GOD!!!

Oh ya and Liability and Jroc and That fuckin pussy HouseGimp and..... etc.. ...........

Just sayin...:eusa_whistle:

AND I turn all the Christians into atheists...

AND............

YouTube - The Black Knight - Monty Python's Holy Grial

YouTube - Animal House: Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor

Are you saying that we can get rid of you if we all pretend to agree with you for just one hour? Well, in that case, screw you, I don't agree with anything you have ever said on this site! :lol:

And I probably never will either!

Immie

I'm moving on. Only been here a week, but I've put a bunch of time in. Not bad, but I don't have to settle for not bad. Gonna go find something I actually like.

What I don't like about this place is all the partisan bickering. No one seems to bother forming a reasoned opinion. They're too busy pretending to care about an issue they don't or pretending to misunderstand an issue that has already been addressed.

And there are too many personal attacks. I know, I know, "it's the internet, get used to it." No thank you. I'm not looking to trade empty insults with people who act like they're in grade school. There are communities that expect a certain basic level of civility in discourse.

So have a nice life, guys. Good luck using the site to do anything but dig the ruts deeper in your thoughts.

digger,

This is probably too late as it has been a couple of hours since you sent this message. I don't know you and don't even know for certain that I have read one of your posts. I wish you the best wherever you end up, but, I have to say that I think you will be sorry for it if you find the kind of board that you describe. A board where everyone agrees with everyone else and no one bickers has got to be hell. What fun is it to debate only with people that agree with you and I know, I use the word "debate" here very loosely.

Best of Luck to you and feel free if you find that I am correct to come back.

Immie

Why can't we Talk?

See how simple it is!!!!

Who the hell left DiaperDude's cage door open? Get back to your own lil whinefest thread, Diaper. There's a good boy.

I'm moving on. Only been here a week, but I've put a bunch of time in. Not bad, but I don't have to settle for not bad. Gonna go find something I actually like.

What I don't like about this place is all the partisan bickering. No one seems to bother forming a reasoned opinion. They're too busy pretending to care about an issue they don't or pretending to misunderstand an issue that has already been addressed.

And there are too many personal attacks. I know, I know, "it's the internet, get used to it." No thank you. I'm not looking to trade empty insults with people who act like they're in grade school. There are communities that expect a certain basic level of civility in discourse.

So have a nice life, guys. Good luck using the site to do anything but dig the ruts deeper in your thoughts.
Send me a PM and I can give you links to websites where they deal in the "group think" that you're comfortable with and expel members who think "outside the hive".

Whitehouse.Gov?
Dept of Defense.Gov?

YouTube - Mike Posner - Please Don't Go

Singer Mike Posner is airlifted to the hospital after being bitten by a rattlesnake

EMTs are freaking out over a snakebite?

I have been bitten by rattlesnakes before and recovered completely by taking it easy and drinking a lot of water and eating a little bit of fresh fruit.

There's some sort of “antivenin” or “antivenom” or something like that and it absolutely smacks of medical quackery & attempted murder by poison with a convenient reptile to take the fall for their crime.

Doctors are crooks, and entertainers all too often play along with the scam, willingly or not.

Singer Mike Posner is airlifted to the hospital after being bitten by a rattlesnake

I have been bitten by rattlesnakes before and recovered completely by taking it easy and drinking a lot of water and eating a little bit of fresh fruit.

There's some sort of “antivenin” or “antivenom” or something like that and it absolutely smacks of medical quackery & attempted murder by poison with a convenient reptile to take the fall for their crime.

Doctors are crooks, and entertainers all too often play along with the scam, willingly or not.

Necro threading.......? Okie dokie........

Not to mention compete lunacy.

Not to mention compete lunacy.

Well we are the preeminent insane asylum on the interwebz. :thup:

IMO there is considerable truth to what the OP addresses.
There are also a lot of hateful messages & threats that pop up here @ USMB.
This place is about a half step behind 8chan.

Don't think he knows he's talking to the dead, the banned, and the few survivors of 2011....

You dug your own hole....Shouldn't have started lying for no other reason than to try and make a partisan point....Like you did last night by vociferously claiming that FEDS were wantonely shooting unarmed civilians after Katrina, and then trying to imply it was ordered by Bush.

It's usually something like this generating a lot of snivels,most petty trolls can't handle being out-trolled, is all. For some reason it's just too hard to do a simple search on a topic, when they think they can just parrot partisan rubbish and fake news all day, and get' rewarded' for that by a horde of fellow tards.

And once again, message boards aren't debate boards, no matter what they claim; few come to these boards to 'debate' anything, as evidenced by how slow the actual forums set aside for genuine debates are compared to the other forums that discuss politics; they're post it notes for shills, peddlers, and advocates . I will add that 'Current Events' Forum here used to a a good easy source for real news, one of the best out there, outside of the old now defunct Political Crossfire site, but no longer, since 2015ish it's just a collection of fake news and spin, not nearly as much news any more. Shift the political hack fake news stuff to Politics Forums already, renew to Current Events section.

:th_dontgosmiley-1::sleep:
Another snowflaky Trump-hater with nothing to say
who hates being constantly proven wrong.

Forum List

Back