I'm done with this website

I have never seen a board quite like this. Yes it is right leaning, yes the majority of people with high rep points are from the right and yes, the majority of the mods are rightys....(what the hell was my point....? Oh yeah) but its damn near impossible to be banned from here. That is rare.

Lets see. The women on this board have all the high rep and most of them are sure as hell NOT right leaning.

I'm moving on. Only been here a week, but I've put a bunch of time in. Not bad, but I don't have to settle for not bad. Gonna go find something I actually like.

What I don't like about this place is all the partisan bickering. No one seems to bother forming a reasoned opinion. They're too busy pretending to care about an issue they don't or pretending to misunderstand an issue that has already been addressed.

And there are too many personal attacks. I know, I know, "it's the internet, get used to it." No thank you. I'm not looking to trade empty insults with people who act like they're in grade school. There are communities that expect a certain basic level of civility in discourse.

So have a nice life, guys. Good luck using the site to do anything but dig the ruts deeper in your thoughts.
C-YA!

You dug your own hole....Shouldn't have started lying for no other reason than to try and make a partisan point....Like you did last night by vociferously claiming that FEDS were wantonely shooting unarmed civilians after Katrina, and then trying to imply it was ordered by Bush.

And of course, your lil' bashing of all who ever served this country, by trying to imply that we were just mindless, blood thirsty robots, was a very stupid move.....A very stupid thing to do on this board.

You dug your own hole several times, and was called on it......That is why you are fleeing now......Don't let the door hit ya' in the ass

Aww, you should be ashamed being so nasty to that noob..

I guess I missed all that. I don't usually pay attention to the really heavy duty political stuff. I'm too fluffy.:tongue:

Well then..hello stranger. :tongue:

Hello stranger…put your loving hand in mine
You are a stranger…and you're a friend of mine

Get up, rounder…let a working girl lay down
You are a rounder…and you're all out and down

Well, every time…I ride the four and six street cars
I can see my baby…peeping through the bars

He bowed his head…and he waved both hands at me
He's prison bound…and longing to be free

I'll see you…when your troubles are like mine
Yes. I'll see you…when you haven't got a dime.

With apologies to Emmy Lou Harris who, in my opinion, is the greatest Torch Ballad singer that ever lived (with the possible exception of Linda Ronstadt).

I'm moving on. Only been here a week, but I've put a bunch of time in. Not bad, but I don't have to settle for not bad. Gonna go find something I actually like.

What I don't like about this place is all the partisan bickering. No one seems to bother forming a reasoned opinion. They're too busy pretending to care about an issue they don't or pretending to misunderstand an issue that has already been addressed.

And there are too many personal attacks. I know, I know, "it's the internet, get used to it." No thank you. I'm not looking to trade empty insults with people who act like they're in grade school. There are communities that expect a certain basic level of civility in discourse.

So have a nice life, guys. Good luck using the site to do anything but dig the ruts deeper in your thoughts.

Bye

Thanks for the dramatic Tierra Toss on your way out.

For me, it is. I looked for a very long time. I wanted fluff AND more volatile subjects in the same spot. I joined many boards, but never stayed. Or I was banned for asking questions the admin didn't like answering. I tried blogging too. That didn't work out well either.
I like it here because it reminds me of my old original home board I hung out at.
But to each their own. The net is huge. Maybe Digger will find what he/she is looking for. I hope so. But if not...like Intense said, the light will be left on.

Care to tell me what wasn't true, though? My personal opinion isn't? And who are you to judge me? It's true FOR ME.

No need to get defensive. :lol:

It's not true that there aren't civil debate forums where heated political arguments occur. I belong to at least three of them. There is some great debate, and there is no fluffy rainbow farting unicorns.
Sorry. Didn't mean to sound defensive. On message boards, hard to read body language and facial expressions.
I post at 3 other boards as well. One is pure fluffy rainbow farting unicorns with no cuss words allowed. One has interesting convos of many topics..some fluff, some heated debate, but not too many members so it is very slow and you're lucky to be there the same time one other person may be. The other is nothing but gangbanger idiot people who take whatever you say no matter how mundane the topic and do a pile on. Bullies. Hateful people who enjoy hating. I don't post there often because I always get jumped. They think I'm crazy.
And now I post here. I didn't have much luck in my hunt. Glad you found some good ones.

" Sorry. Didn't mean to sound defensive." :lol:

LOL, all these dramatic "I'm leaving"..

thtantrumgr7.gif

C-YA!

You dug your own hole....Shouldn't have started lying for no other reason than to try and make a partisan point....Like you did last night by vociferously claiming that FEDS were wantonely shooting unarmed civilians after Katrina, and then trying to imply it was ordered by Bush.
And of course, your lil' bashing of all who ever served this country, by trying to imply that we were just mindless, blood thirsty robots, was a very stupid move.....A very stupid thing to do on this board.

You dug your own hole several times, and was called on it......That is why you are fleeing now......Don't let the door hit ya' in the ass

I missed that discussion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpixdTlYlKU&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Mike Posner - Please Don't Go[/ame]

Good move.

I often do the same thing when I'm first invited into someone's home. I will say something like "Thanks for the cookies but your coffee sucks," and then tell them how to make a good cup of coffee.

Or you could put everyone who upsets you on ignore. Then in your sig line you can keep a running tally of all whom you've put on ignore, plus an announcement of the latest entrant on the list. That way, you can filter out all the stress and at the same time garner enormous respect from your fellow posters.

Actually, I kept confusing you with Douger. I was always expecting some amusing trollish anti-American nonsequiter everytime you posted. So maybe this is for the best.

There is in fact quite a lot of "reasoned opinion" here.

You've got to look for it, recognize it, and digest it.

Yes there's much bullshit through which to sift but that's the nature of message boards.

I'm glad you're leaving. Everybody knows you chose the name 'digger' because you accidentally typed a 'd' rather than an 'n'. Damn racist. I bet you're also a homophobe, too.

There is in fact quite a lot of "reasoned opinion" here.

You've got to look for it, recognize it, and digest it.

Yes there's much bullshit through which to sift but that's the nature of message boards.

That's right! And I contribute loads!!
(Are my horns on straight?)

Send me a PM and I can give you links to websites where they deal in the "group think" that you're comfortable with and expel members who think "outside the hive".

Shop around and come back if you don't find something better

Good luck

Been there, done that. Perhaps our paths have crossed under different pseudo names?

LOL. I was wondering if you were the same "Rockhead" that absolutely hated me on the last board where I was really active. :)

Yeah, it probably was me, Foxfyre, because, admittedly, I’ve been using Mr_Rockhead for quite some time in several different places. And, while I’m thinking about this, let me add that you had quite some nerve disagreeing with me on those other boards. What are you some kind of partisan zealot?

Now, that said, in all seriousness, I really don’t hate anyone (especially you). Nope, I am simply too old (and hopefully too wise) to let that kind of base emotion consume (and thereby control) me.

Truth be told, I actually like you and the other (rational) people who disagree with me (but don’t tell them that). Of course, that doesn't mean I will not defend my position on any hot-button issue because, after all, I am, of course, right (and they are, of course, wrong).:eusa_angel:

LOL. If I can't hit a few nerves I'm not doing my job, right? But it's always good to meet up with an old friend however contentious that friendship might have been. So welcome to USMB and we hope you find a happy message board home here despite the fact that it won't be perfect any more than any internet place is perfect.

(Besides we have to replace digger.)

For me, it is. I looked for a very long time. I wanted fluff AND more volatile subjects in the same spot. I joined many boards, but never stayed. Or I was banned for asking questions the admin didn't like answering....

Been there, done that. Perhaps our paths have crossed under different pseudo names?

LOL. I was wondering if you were the same "Rockhead" that absolutely hated me on the last board where I was really active. :)

I get really frustrated when the trolls barge in before a decent discussion can get going. But enough decent discussions do get going on other threads to keep me interested in the limited time I have to do this.

I love the board having some reasonable rules but not being at all PC.

I am annoyed when a troll thread is merged with and destroys a good discussion thread because our leaders don't like multiple threads on the same subject. But that doesn't happen often enough to be a big deal.

I love that this is an active and vibrant board that has allowed me to get to know some pretty special people.

I really hate when a well meaning mod moves a good thread to an inactive forum where it dies because nobody sees it.

I love that the mods are payng attention to what is going on.

If I wanted perfection in a message board I sure wouldn't be at USMB. But then I wouldn't be anywhere. All in all it's a good message board home for those willing to stick around and get acquainted with folks.

Fox
I'm a grizzled veteran of the AOL message boards which of late have become turd and troll paradises. Talk about never finishing a sentence without the intervention of some addled miscreant busting up the line of thought!
I evidently joined this board in 2009 and promptly forgot about it but I'm starting to like it now. Like you, I'm ecstatic about not having to edit myself if the word 'shit' will suffice better than the words 'darn it' and I have yet to get into my first flame war which I'm sure is coming directly, but cest la vie. Lots of good people here and some new opinions are always welcomed.

You should stick around, Digger, unless you dug the hole too deep!(wink)

Forum List

Back